Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So, this is probably a totally off the wall question, but does anybody know if the resort has a freezer for that I could access during my stay?

I believe Bell Services have a small freezer (they certainly have a refrigerator).

Andre

So, this is probably a totally off the wall question, but does anybody know if the resort has a freezer for that I could access during my stay?

I am bringing my 4 year old to Disney for four nights next month while my husband stays home with our infant. I currently breastfeed and will be pumping and would like to freeze and transport as much of my pumped milk home as possible.

I know the rooms do not have freezers, but I have read that bell hop at each resort has a freezer for guest use if needed....does anybody know if this is true? I technically could dump the milk, but I will be using my whole freezer stash while I am gone so it would be nice to come home with something!

I would call and ask - although it is mothers milk, since it is packaged by you and not in a prepackaged container, not sure if there would be an issue - esp if you are not actively nursing the baby while you are there - altho they might not know. You will have to continue to express milk while you are there. Would a cooler and ice do the trick? Never froze my breast milk, was never able to get that far ahead! A small freezer may not hold much though.

I would call and ask - although it is mothers milk, since it is packaged by you and not in a prepackaged container, not sure if there would be an issue - esp if you are not actively nursing the baby while you are there - altho they might not know. You will have to continue to express milk while you are there. Would a cooler and ice do the trick? Never froze my breast milk, was never able to get that far ahead! A small freezer may not hold much though.

I just called the hotel and they connected me to bell services. They said they would be more than happy to freeze milk for me and they said they do it for nursing mothers all the time! It makes me happy that I won't have to toss all that milk I am pumping :)

We just got back today and the raspberry sauce just made them. I loved them so much I had some this morning for breakfast!

I just called the hotel and they connected me to bell services. They said they would be more than happy to freeze milk for me and they said they do it for nursing mothers all the time! It makes me happy that I won't have to toss all that milk I am pumping :)

Cool! They are super nice at this hotel, always friendly and smiling.

Yes. Old hours 5AM - 1PM. New hours 5AM - Noon, to "better meet guest demand." Whatever the heck THAT means. :badpc:
Thanks, dansdad. It's Disney speak for "we're cutting back in this area to save money, but trying to make you think it's for your benefit..." How's that working? Ha Ha Ha

What time should we be at the bus stop if we have a pre-park open ADR at BOG? I've read that they start letting people with pre-park open ADRs in at around 7:45 and I'd like to be there for that.

What time should we be at the bus stop if we have a pre-park open ADR at BOG? I've read that they start letting people with pre-park open ADRs in at around 7:45 and I'd like to be there for that.

I would be at the bus stop by 6:45.

Thanks, dansdad. It's Disney speak for "we're cutting back in this area to save money, but trying to make you think it's for your benefit..." How's that working? Ha Ha Ha

Maybe not a lot of people were using it between 12 and 1? I could see a lot of people using it early before heading out to a park, or between 11 and 12 since check-out time is 11, but maybe there were so few people using it between 12 and 1, that it didn't make sense to keep it staffed then.

My Quick & Dirty Dipping Sauces Review

Chicory Coffee Ganache: Definitely more coffee flavor than chocolate on this one, so you have some bitter to balance the sweet. I'm not a coffee drinker, but the DW said it gave you a bit of the cafe au lait experience with your beignet.

Raspberry: Simply put, you could also call it "how to make your beignet into a jelly doughnut." The flavor pairing works well in my opinion. This was the DW's favorite.

Caramel: This one was my favorite, although I found it helped to shake off a lot of the powdered sugar ahead of time to get the caramel to actually stick to the beignet instead of pulling the powdered sugar into the dipping sauce, post-dip.

With our 2 kids, the 4 of us went through a dozen beignets at breakfast. The 3 dipping sauces were more than enough - next time we'll probably just get the Raspberry and Caramel and still have enough sauce for 12.

Last edited:
Okay, we are crying uncle!

Is it possible that the mini fridge in the room has no temperature control? We have looked seemingly everywhere, with a phone flashlight and everything. Any ideas at all?

Is it possible that the mini fridge in the room has no temperature control? We have looked seemingly everywhere, with a phone flashlight and everything. Any ideas at all?
Did you pull the fridge out and check the back? I know that Pop Century has their fridge controls at the back. I thought the mods had controls in a better location, but it's worth a shot. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter