• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

the food court items listed is not listing any type of bounty platter like the other resorts do ...like eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries, and a waffle and biscuit...I ususally dont get the waffle or biscuit..but this platter is not listed..if some one is there or just returned ..

They've always had a Bounty Platter on the breakfast menu at POFQ, and in August they modified it to become another 'Crate-Your-Own' option which is even better. The full menu is at www.portorleans.org/floatworks.php

upload_2015-12-4_10-16-31.png

I'm not a big scrambled egg fan, so this was my selection (the fruit cup was included as one of the choices by the way):

upload_2015-12-4_10-18-28.png

upload_2015-12-4_10-19-6.png

Could that feed two people? That looks like a lot for a single person to eat, but very good.

As it's a Create-Your-Own menu option, I'm sure they will understand the word "stop" too - even in America! :)

Andre

I really liked the create your own oatmeal station. I had that instead of the breakfast bowl every other morning. :)

Does anyone (Andre, you might!) know if the Sassagoula riverboats can hold ECVs? I know they have a ramp for wheelchairs, but I'm wondering if ECV's will fit, too.

Does anyone (Andre, you might!) know if the Sassagoula riverboats can hold ECVs? I know they have a ramp for wheelchairs, but I'm wondering if ECV's will fit, too.

Yes, no problems. There is quite a large area with fold-up seating where wheelchairs or ECVs can be accommodated.

Andre

Are there connecting rooms at FQ? Is that available as one of the requests during online checkin?

Thanks!

Are there connecting rooms at FQ? Is that available as one of the requests during online checkin?

Thanks!
This is a request you need to make over the phone with your original reservation. Give the CM the reservation number of the party you wish to be connected with and that should help. We have done this exact thing with my MILs reservation a few years ago and got the connecting rooms. We did not however get the building number we requested as we listed connection most important. I would also say that it is only a request and not a guarantee.

Just got back from a week stay at POFQ. I did online check-in and sent in room request fax. And only got 1 of my request for an upper floor. They gave us a room with a connecting door way which was something I requested NOT to have. So I went to talk to the front desk and they were able to switch me to a room without a connecting doorway in building 6- 2nd floor. It was directly behind the room we were originally assigned to. Which was a river view and they didn't charge us for the upgrade! We didn't hear the boat horns at night. I know compared to other resorts a 4 minute walk isn't bad but to us it was a little bit far especially after a long day. The Christmas decorations in the lobby was very nice. I love seeing how the Mardi Gras theme was mixed in. Overall it was another great stay at POFQ!

Just out of curiosity, how do the connecting doors secure? Is there a deadbolt that is locked from both sides, so that no one side can open the door?

Just out of curiosity, how do the connecting doors secure? Is there a deadbolt that is locked from both sides, so that no one side can open the door?

Yes, the doors lock from both sides. There are actually two doors, one facing into each room, so both parties have to open their door to allow access.

Andre

I've just updated http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php with the info on the revised bus routing which started a few days ago.

The changes seem to make the service generally more consistent and predicable, with the main details to take away being:
  • Buses now start at 7am (whereas the first buses used to be around 6:45am).
  • The first few buses of the day will run shared FQ/POR routes for all destinations (apart from AK for some reason?).
  • More routes now run independent services, rather than having so many shared POR/POFQ services. Both MK and Studios now seem to have a fully independent service all day, rather than sharing.
  • Whenever buses are shared, the first call is now always FQ rather than RS (it used to vary a bit park-by-park).
The full details are on the site anyway.

Andre

my husband mentioned to me this morning about a regular bus for between french quarter and riverside...for instance if we want to eat at RIverside if we stay at French Quarter..is he pulling my leg/?

my husband mentioned to me this morning about a regular bus for between french quarter and riverside...for instance if we want to eat at RIverside if we stay at French Quarter..is he pulling my leg/?

Nope, no leg-pulling. There has been an internal shuttle option running since August. It's an extension of the Disney Springs service, which now adds an extra FQ stop, thus the round trip becomes: DS/Typhoon > FQ > POR South > POR West > POR North > POR East > FQ > DS/Typhoon. The marquee on the bus will update to read “Internal Resort Shuttle” upon entering the resort and then switch to read either “Disney Springs / Typhoon Lagoon” or just “Disney Springs” depending on the time of day.

Personally I think it might be quicker to walk though, unless the bus happens to turn up exactly when you do.

Andre

Thank you Andre. That is very good info. We are so excited for our first stay at POFQ in January. I have found your site to be extremely helpful.

Our first trip together and first time, for either of us, at POFQ. We have a King room reserved, any hints on getting a river view, we don't mind walking so even the room in Bldg 1 would be acceptable.

What are the side options? Will they substitute the meat items for something else if a person is vegetarian?

They've always had a Bounty Platter on the breakfast menu at POFQ, and in August they modified it to become another 'Crate-Your-Own' option which is even better. The full menu is at www.portorleans.org/floatworks.php

View attachment 138492

I'm not a big scrambled egg fan, so this was my selection (the fruit cup was included as one of the choices by the way):

View attachment 138493

View attachment 138494

As it's a Create-Your-Own menu option, I'm sure they will understand the word "stop" too - even in America! :)

Andre

Our first trip together and first time, for either of us, at POFQ. We have a King room reserved, any hints on getting a river view, we don't mind walking so even the room in Bldg 1 would be acceptable.

Just put in a request and keep your fingers crossed (you can also fax 3-5 days before arrival). You are not asking for them to adjust your booking category, as King Bed rooms do include a number which face the river. See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more tips.

What are the side options? Will they substitute the meat items for something else if a person is vegetarian?

I'm sure they would do so, yes. It's the same sort of choices as the old breakfast bounty platters so things like pancakes, waffles, potatoes (hash browns now), scrambled eggs, fruit, etc.

Andre

We love POFQ, its our favorite moderate, so nice and quiet and relaxing and when it is a full sold out status it still feels that way.

My friend and I decided to ditch the husbands and take a long weekend away to see the Osborne lights one last time. We tried for months to find a 3 night stay without splitting resorts and finally the POFQ popped up, a water view! I have stayed there many times but this was a first for my friend

I checked in at 9am, waiting for my friend to come in on the ME, the CM at the desk said they over sold water views and moved us to standard and gave us a credit back - we didnt mind as we were not planning on any time in the resort except to sleep lol

Our room was 7311, building 7 all the way to the left of the resort closest to POR, since its a small resort its still close to the main building. Our room was very run down, the beds were deplorable - so uncomfortable, the mini blinds covered in the most disgusting ick you could ever imagine (cannot even begin to describe how nasty it was), the furniture was so banged up and marred it was embarrassing. The sheets smelled sour, like they sat damp in the dryer and then folded and put on the bed - we stripped the bed and left a note for the housekeeper. Like I said, everything was clean but so old and damaged and worn down - didnt the place get a rehab not too long ago?

Housekeeping was great, left plenty of toiletries and towels.

Staff is so friendly here!

The food court was awesome - we had breakfast here twice and dinner once. The lines might look long but its because the food court is small and there are people in line to pay or get snacks etc - moves very fast. Loved the chicken gumbo, friend had the pizza and enjoyed it. Espresso and cappuccino was very good, love the scrambled eggs and sausage

I would def stay here again - after the resort has another rehab!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter