Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but you seem to know so much, Andre.

We originally booked at CB but then switched to POFQ after we were lucky enough to get a pin code. Our luggage tags for DME arrived before we changed hotels and say CB. We never received new ones. A CM says it doesn't matter - they sort the bags by reservation number, not resort name. I've used a sharpies to cross of CB and mark in POFQ but I'm still feeling nervous and figured I'd check here, too - we leave tomorrow!

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but you seem to know so much, Andre.

We originally booked at CB but then switched to POFQ after we were lucky enough to get a pin code. Our luggage tags for DME arrived before we changed hotels and say CB. We never received new ones. A CM says it doesn't matter - they sort the bags by reservation number, not resort name. I've used a sharpies to cross of CB and mark in POFQ but I'm still feeling nervous and figured I'd check here, too - we leave tomorrow!

As long as your current reservation number is the same as the one on the tags (i.e. they modified your booking, rather than making a new one) then you should be fine.

If you're worried though, don't use the yellow tags at all and hand your airline bagcheck receipt tickets over to the DME staff when you arrive at the DME desk before boarding the bus. They can pick up your bags from the that info.

Andre

Does it matter if you fax your request for your trip on a weekend or weekday? And if its during the day or evening? We arrive Thursday and was curious if I should do it tonight or wait til Monday. Meant to do it yesterday but didn't have time.

Don't worry, they don't incinerate any faxes which don't arrive at the exact moment that a DIS thread recommends. :)

Send it when it's convenient for you, but ideally within the 3-5 days window. Longer than 5 days and it might sit on a 'to-be-actioned' pile for a while (as they don't normally modify any room categories any further out than that). Personally I'd suggest mornings would be better, and avoid Sundays and Mondays if possible due to management days off at the resort.

Andre

I'm so sorry-what is a "pin code?"

As long as your current reservation number is the same as the one on the tags (i.e. they modified your booking, rather than making a new one) then you should be fine. If you're worried though, don't use the yellow tags at all and hand your airline bagcheck receipt tickets over to the DME staff when you arrive at the DME desk before boarding the bus. They can pick up your bags from the that info. Andre

Thank you! You do know everything! What do you think is safer?

Crazy. I just went through this yesterday. Our luggage tags arrived but they said Coronado Springs instead of POFQ. The reservation number on the tags wasn't even ours and the arrival date was wrong! :worried:

We were told to that the reservation number listed had our names but did indeed have us staying at CSR. So she said to throw them out and they would send us new ones.
I bet that they check or scan the code and go by that. I would say it will probably delay your luggage but you should still get it. Especially since you crossed out CB, that should send a red flag to anyone picking up your luggage to double check where it needs to go.

I called again (not that I didn't trust you all, but this is my luggage) and this cast member basically reiterated the same thing about the res number controlling and also said to wire in big letters RESERVATION AT PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER on each.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I called again (not that I didn't trust you all, but this is my luggage) and this cast member basically reiterated the same thing about the res number controlling and also said to wire in big letters RESERVATION AT PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER on each.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Another option is to call DME directly at 866-599-0951. You'll need the reservation number off one of the yellow tags. They will be glad to send out correct luggage tags to you. I was in a similar situation several years ago and they sent correct tags out within a day or two.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your original post and see you are leaving tomorrow so this option will not work.

This is a great thread! Checking in December 14th-17th! Can't wait to see all the Christmas Decorations :)

Hi
We have been debating what type of room to reserve. King bed sounds nice, but on the diagrams of room locations, it looks like most of the king rooms are next to the stairway. Does that cause a noise problem?

The standard rooms are a good price. Are the views bad?

Thanks for your input.

Hi
We have been debating what type of room to reserve. King bed sounds nice, but on the diagrams of room locations, it looks like most of the king rooms are next to the stairway. Does that cause a noise problem?

The standard rooms are a good price. Are the views bad?

Thanks for your input.

There are some standard view rooms with bad views. The resort is nicely landscaped, but there are some rooms with views of the stairwell (as you noted) and of service areas. I think choosing a queen bed standard view room would give you a better opportunity to get a nicer view -- still not garden or river though. We got a corner room by a stairwell once. I liked the extra natural light. We didn't find that it was especially noisy. YMMV.

DM and I usually come to POFQ once a year, and this year she went to WDW with a friend instead. They are there right now, but since Free Dining wasn't offered for POFQ they chose Coronado Springs. I just got a text from her saying, "This hotel is acceptable, but it is NO French Quarter." :lmao:

Hi

We've stayed in King rooms both times and loved each one! Neither on was near the stairs. Both were corner rooms so you'll get plenty of light in the room for the small amount of time you'll be inside. Last time we were there we ended up with a King room that was right on the river even though we hadn't paid for a River View location! :dance3:

DM and I usually come to POFQ once a year, and this year she went to WDW with a friend instead. They are there right now, but since Free Dining wasn't offered for POFQ they chose Coronado Springs. I just got a text from her saying, "This hotel is acceptable, but it is NO French Quarter." :lmao:

I have stayed at both and have to agree, there is just something about PORFQ! I really enjoyed the quaintness of the resort and how close all the building are to the food court.

I did enjoy our stay at CSR and my husband really liked the steak dinner for counter service credit at Pepper Market. I guess that is why I love Disney. You have have totally different vacations each time you go, just be staying in a different resort and trying out new things!

I have stayed at both and have to agree, there is just something about PORFQ! I really enjoyed the quaintness of the resort and how close all the building are to the food court. I did enjoy our stay at CSR and my husband really liked the steak dinner for counter service credit at Pepper Market. I guess that is why I love Disney. You have have totally different vacations each time you go, just be staying in a different resort and trying out new things!
POFQ is definitely our favorite. DH and I stayed in the Contemporary for our honeymoon and I wasn't a fan at all. It just wasn't us, where as POFQ is! It will definitely be our go to resort.

Thank you so much to this board. Thanks to information and advice we arrived smoothly today and got everything I politely requested by fax. Building 4 with low priority of ground floor. We got both and super stoked. We went straight to MK so can't wait to relax and enjoy resort all day tomorrow before Halloween party.

Soooooooooo happy so far. Great first day! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter