Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello fans of POFQ! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

What are the main reasons you choose POFQ over POR?

Size for me. I love the theme at both resorts. But being close to the food court, hot tub, pool and buses all at the same time while in a standard room is awesome! :thumbsup2

Ok. Just changed over here for my mid-late August trip. I was all settled with my "home" CBR, but just discovered that there are permits filed and work beginning to probably remove a village for probably DVC, and I don't want to deal with that on my vacation. :(

POFQ is the only mod I haven't tried (did NOT like CSR), and I'm not a fan of the bayou "themeing" or the Mansions at POR, so... I'll give POFQ a whirl I guess. (On the plus side, I've read it's one of the two best resorts on property for gluten-free. So that's a bonus!)

I have a Garden View room booked. Any recommendations for a good location?

Ok. Just changed over here for my mid-late August trip. I was all settled with my "home" CBR, but just discovered that there are permits filed and work beginning to probably remove a village for probably DVC, and I don't want to deal with that on my vacation. :(

POFQ is the only mod I haven't tried (did NOT like CSR), and I'm not a fan of the bayou "themeing" or the Mansions at POR, so... I'll give POFQ a whirl I guess. (On the plus side, I've read it's one of the two best resorts on property for gluten-free. So that's a bonus!)

I have a Garden View room booked. Any recommendations for a good location?
Due to the size it would depend on what is important to you. If walking up to POR is in the plans 5,6 or 7 are on that side of the resort. I read people requesting 4 due to the closeness to the buses. We have been in every building but 4 and have been happy in all (and we always walk up to POR several times a trip).My one suggestion once there is look at the resort map with walking paths to checkout shortcuts rather than always using the main paths

Due to the size it would depend on what is important to you. If walking up to POR is in the plans 5,6 or 7 are on that side of the resort. I read people requesting 4 due to the closeness to the buses. We have been in every building but 4 and have been happy in all (and we always walk up to POR several times a trip).My one suggestion once there is look at the resort map with walking paths to checkout shortcuts rather than always using the main paths

Thanks!

I was wondering...
Does anyone know if I will be able to decorate my room door at POFQ with some magnets? I used some magnets when I was at POP but I've never stayed at a moderate before so I'm not sure how the rules differ.
Thanks for the help :love:

Hi! Does POFQ have those big sunscreen dispensers at the pool?
Also, any photos of the new food court?
I'll be going down in Feb, can't wait!!

Hi! Does POFQ have those big sunscreen dispensers at the pool?
Also, any photos of the new food court?
I'll be going down in Feb, can't wait!!
Never noticed any sunscreen dispensers in any of our trips. Alway take our own sunscreen to the pool.

Thanks- I always bring my own too, but if they had sunscreen there, I wouldn't have to bring my sunscreen in my carry-on in case I go to the pool until my room is ready. I thought I remembered them having sunscreen, maybe I was thinking of AKL? Guess I'll have to bring a tiny container of it after all.

I've never stayed at any of the resorts, and the last time I visited WDW, there were only the three deluxe ones on the Monorail (yeah, it's been THAT long!). I'm planning a 9-day solo trip in September and was really struggling to settle on one of the moderates, but ultimately I'm leaning toward PO-FQ. Why? The relative smallness (I'll be walking enough everywhere else, so I like the idea of keeping walking to a minimum at my resort), the beignets, the water taxi, the seemingly quieter settings, and the music/theme. I'm hoping that this holds out and that I won't be disappointed.
We stayed there on our last trip in 2015 and loved it. What pleasantly surprised me was the bus service (quick and plentiful) and the short amount of time it took to get to the parks. I remember thinking how much faster our bus rides were to MK and AK than from the Beach Club the summer before. I remember MK being something like a 10-12 min bus ride. I also loved the ambiance, strolling around the resort at night and how close everything was. I was also pleased with our room (corner room, Building 5). That being said, I think it's a great resort for adults and parents with smaller kids. My kids (now 12) were not thrilled with the pool. What I found peaceful about the resort, they found a little boring. This summer, we opted for AKL for a different experience. However, if it were just me, I'd be back at POFQ in a heartbeat. So for a solo adult trip, I'd say it's perfect.

We r staying here for the Dark Side race in April. We last stayed here about 5 yrs ago. Luv how small and quaint it is.

For anyone who has been at POFQ recently:
- Do they still have the H20 products and, if so, what scent is in the rooms?
Thanks.

Hello everyone! POFQ seems like one of the best choices for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. I had a question about the buses. Everything I read says during less busy times French Quarter and Riverside share bus service. When exactly are less busy times? My wife and I are going 11/30-12/9 of this year. Good bus service is pretty much one of the most important things to us so we are just wondering what to expect when we go. Should we expect sharing a bus with Riverside?

I went roughly around your same dates this year (11/28 - 12/3) and we never shared with Riverside. Never in the morning, never in the evening, and not during the one time I came back from MK mid-day (around 1pm on a Saturday). I'd love to hear what others have to say too, though, because I almost thought it was a fluke that we didn't share.

Hello everyone! POFQ seems like one of the best choices for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. I had a question about the buses. Everything I read says during less busy times French Quarter and Riverside share bus service. When exactly are less busy times? My wife and I are going 11/30-12/9 of this year. Good bus service is pretty much one of the most important things to us so we are just wondering what to expect when we go. Should we expect sharing a bus with Riverside?
The sharing of buses has gotten less since our 1st trip in 1998. Last year DHS was not shared even in the middle of the afternoon. The MK buses were also seperate mid-day. The only shared MK bus the last few trips was in the early A.M (about 90 minutes before it openned). When we went in Nov. 2015 on the weekend the Epcot buses were shared in the afternoon on weekdays but not on the weekend. Boat service to DS is shared until 4:00ish then is seperate the rest of the day. The best place to get up to date info is www.portotleans.org imo.

We've stayed often, at both really crowded and barely crowded times.
It is rare to share buses. Our last trip was Thanksgiving weekend this past year. Of all our trips we shared only 1 time and I can't remember now what park it was, but it was on the way back. We didn't share leaving FQ a single time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter