• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just came down to the lobby/food court to discover that every trace of Christmas is gone. I knew it would happen at some point, but I'm sad to see it go. The beautiful purplish wreaths on all the walls in the food court gave the place such a nice pop of colour. Now it looks a bit drab.

I guess I'll just have to come back next December to get my fix. :rolleyes:

I saw on another trusted Disney site that POFQ feature pool would be closed next week. I don't see that on any official Disney info. Does anyone know? We'll be there then and I'd like to know how to pack.

I saw on another trusted Disney site that POFQ feature pool would be closed next week. I don't see that on any official Disney info. Does anyone know? We'll be there then and I'd like to know how to pack.
You can use the pools at POR even if the POFQ pool is open. Bring the swimsuit based on the weather forecast. According to what I have read on these boards and www.portorleans.org there is a regular shuttle bus between the 2 resorts if you don't want to walk.

Seems strange considering it's only been open for a few months from a complete rehab. What reason did they have for it to be closed?

It was a list of pool refurbishments and listed POFQ from Jan. 9 to 13. I thought it odd, since like AngiTN said, it had just had a major refurb. I am hoping the website has it wrong, since whenever we have stayed on property and a refurb was during our stay Disney sent us an email.

Just got back from a 1 night stay! It was our first stay at a moderate resort and we really liked it! It was very charming and the small size was really nice. There really is a huge difference between the value and moderate!

Does Scat Cat's Lounge serve food all the way up to 1am? I will be arriving MCO at 10:15pm with a bottomless stomach of a 13 year old and I'm feeling slightly panicked about arriving at the resort and having no food options. Hopefully, we'll get there before midnight and can grab something at Sassagoula, but just making backup plans!

Does Scat Cat's Lounge serve food all the way up to 1am?

No, they close before midnight anyway, and food service is earlier than that. The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory food court has a limited selection until midnight though. There's nothing available after then.

Andre

Does Scat Cat's Lounge serve food all the way up to 1am? I will be arriving MCO at 10:15pm with a bottomless stomach of a 13 year old and I'm feeling slightly panicked about arriving at the resort and having no food options. Hopefully, we'll get there before midnight and can grab something at Sassagoula, but just making backup plans!
I'd grab food at the airport, even if it's packages of something

No, they close before midnight anyway, and food service is earlier than that. The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory food court has a limited selection until midnight though. There's nothing available after then.

Andre

Really?? It shows up as open to 1am on Disney's site. Boo.

I'd grab food at the airport, even if it's packages of something

DS will have emergency provisions in his backpack, but I'd/he'd just prefer actual food. He won't starve, hopefully. It's really, truly crazy how much a teenage boy eats. And he's only 13 and not even 100 lbs!

Really?? It shows up as open to 1am on Disney's site. Boo.

It does say that doesn't it? It's wrong though I'm afraid, midnight is closing time at Scat Cat's (and I don't think they serve from noon year-round either. This pic is from August, but I usually quote 4pm):

POFQ-Main-2016-8721_forum.jpg

Andre

It was a list of pool refurbishments and listed POFQ from Jan. 9 to 13. I thought it odd, since like AngiTN said, it had just had a major refurb.

I've just checked with someone on-site and those dates are not confirmed as yet. However I would expect there to be some downtime this winter, as the main pool was NOT closed last spring (only the splash pool which was converted into an Aquatic Play Area).

Andre

Thanks for that link, juliebee. I don't really care about the view because I spend so
little time in the room but that's pretty cool to see.

Just got back from a 1 night stay! It was our first stay at a moderate resort and we really liked it! It was very charming and the small size was really nice. There really is a huge difference between the value and moderate!

I'm a first timer that's planning for a Christmas trip. What were some of the differences from value vs moderate if you don't mind me asking.

I'm a first timer that's planning for a Christmas trip. What were some of the differences from value vs moderate if you don't mind me asking.
Biggest difference. Full size bed vs. Queen bed. That and Value Resort rooms are so small you need to step outside to change your mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter