Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We leave in 32 days and I'm at a lull in planning so I need to ask questions.

I'm in the exact same situation as you! We have an arrival night booked at POFQ and then move to the Poly for 7 nights, planning is done and I'm getting antsy! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

How far away does the boat dock at Disney springs. I know the busses leave you off kind of by earl of sand which (at least they used to) where do the boats leave you. We have raglan road reservations one night and our first time at POFQ.

How far away does the boat dock at Disney springs. I know the busses leave you off kind of by earl of sand which (at least they used to) where do the boats leave you.

The boats drop off near the Rainforest Cafe, at the extreme end of the marketplace section. You can walk from there or get an internal water taxi over to the central Landings dock. The buses now all use a central bus station located just behind Planet Hollywood.

Andre

I'm in the exact same situation as you! We have an arrival night booked at POFQ and then move to the Poly for 7 nights, planning is done and I'm getting antsy! Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I'm kind of in the same situation, too. I have arrival night at POFQ, and then we move to Beach Club for 5 nights. Do you happen to know if we can go directly to MK without going to BC first? I would like to have our luggage sent over, do online check in, and go straight to the parks. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm kind of in the same situation, too. I have arrival night at POFQ, and then we move to Beach Club for 5 nights. Do you happen to know if we can go directly to MK without going to BC first? I would like to have our luggage sent over, do online check in, and go straight to the parks. Thanks!

Yes, you sure can. We are doing the same thing for an early pre park opening breakfast the next morning before physically checking into the Poly. If your tickets are showing up on your MDE app you should be good to go. Have a great trip!

Yes, you sure can. We are doing the same thing for an early pre park opening breakfast the next morning before physically checking into the Poly. If your tickets are showing up on your MDE app you should be good to go. Have a great trip!

Thank you so much! I hope you have a great trip, too.

Just ten more days! So very excited :) What would be the best place to pick up our Will Call MNSSHP tickets? We arrive late Saturday, the party is Sunday and we've got breakfast at Chef Mickeys that morning. Thank you :)

Just ten more days! So very excited :) What would be the best place to pick up our Will Call MNSSHP tickets? We arrive late Saturday, the party is Sunday and we've got breakfast at Chef Mickeys that morning. Thank you :)

I would check with the concierge but if I am remembering correctly when I did will call I picked up our tickets at guest relations in the park. Have you looked on your MDE account. You should also be able to link them to your MB with your confirmation number.

Yes, you should link your MNSSHP party tickets to your online MDE account. Then they will be on your magic band, and you won't even need the physical tickets at all - apart from as a souvenir.

Andre

Returned from another great 9-night stay at POFQ on Sunday (Aug 28) and now back to the grind of the real world. We had booked a river view room and faxed our request for a top floor in building 6. Upon check-in we were told we were in building 6 but on the ground floor. We have always stayed on the 3rd floor so was a bit apprehensive, but once getting to the room we saw the lovely view and was nice not to have to traipse up and down the stairs all week. Upon entering the room we found a signed card from the manager and a gift of a Port Orleans picture frame welcoming us back to the resort, it was a very nice touch! (BTW, I didn't hear any foot traffic during our stay, which is why we usually request 3rd floor). The room was clean and housekeeping excellent all week.
We went to 3 of the nightly movies (two at POR and one at POFQ) and attended one campfire (at POR). We also made a trip to see Bob one night - he's always so much fun. We went to Disney Springs 3 times and enjoyed some of the new restaurants there along with a game of bowling at Splitsville, which was a first for us. The Boathouse remains my favorite restaurant at Disney Springs.
We ate at Riverside Mill twice for supper and had one breakfast and late night beignets twice at Sassagoula Floatworks. It was nice to sit in the old Bonfamilles restaurant space and remember what it once was. Seems a shame that the space isn't used as a restaurant anymore, but I digress. The temporary setup seems quite effective though, and I wouldn't let it worry you if you have a trip planned while the regular food court is under refurbishment.
Buses to and from the parks were efficient so no complaints there.
My DD and I had a nightly midnight ritual of walking to Riverside and then walking around the river at least 3 times - had to burn off some of that yummy Disney food! Even though so simple, that routine will remain a fond memory of mine for a lifetime - walking around the peaceful river through Alligator Bayou and then around to the mansions, the ambiance is just so relaxing and spending precious quality time with my daughter is priceless.
Before checking out, I booked two trips with the Free Dining Bounceback offer for next year (one in June and one in August). Since French Quarter was excluded, we chose Riverside for both trips. The agent asked me if I wanted to try a different moderate for the second trip and I said no, thank you - Port Orleans is our home away from home. :)

I would check with the concierge but if I am remembering correctly when I did will call I picked up our tickets at guest relations in the park. Have you looked on your MDE account. You should also be able to link them to your MB with your confirmation number.

It's already linked but I thought we still had to pick up the tickets anyway? It's automatically linked it when I bought them. I can always ask at the desk I guess. Otherwise I also read we cans just get our tickets/bands at Magic Kingdom on the day while we're in the park a little before the party starts, so that would be great :)

Thank you!

Yeah from 4pm. So might be able to sort it all out at MK :)

If you are using a magic band to get into the park, and you also have a multi-day park ticket stored on your account that you won't need to use that day, make sure that the system uses your MNSSHP ticket for admittance rather than your regular park admission pass. Ask the cast member to confirm this BEFORE your tap your band, otherwise you might needlessly use up a regular day's park admission.

Andre

What would be the fastest way to All Star Movies from POFQ, besides driving a car or taxi or Uber????

My mom is staying as Movies and is planning to come back to our resort for some pool time. I thought maybe heading to Disney Springs and then a bus from there to Movies...The transportation wizard says a bus to AK then to Movies, but says it would be almost an hour.

TIA

What would be the fastest way to All Star Movies from POFQ, besides driving a car or taxi or Uber????

My mom is staying as Movies and is planning to come back to our resort for some pool time. I thought maybe heading to Disney Springs and then a bus from there to Movies...The transportation wizard says a bus to AK then to Movies, but says it would be almost an hour.

TIA

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

I just found this link yesterday. It's awesome for figuring out how to get to places on Disney property in the shortest time possible! :)

Thats what I used already...Something needs to be faster than what they suggested (at least I hope).
Oh, I didn't see that when I posted. Sorry! :blush: I would have gone the route that you were thinking. I would probably do a bus between Movies and DS and bus between DS and POFQ.

If you look them up separately, the bus from Movies to DS takes 23 minutes and the bus from DS to POFQ takes 12 minutes. So that would cut the time down to 35 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter