Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at POFQ in October and had wifi in our room.
Every resort on property has WiFi. Someone posted a very old list of differences in the resorts and it didn't list WiFi for Mods so they thought it meant they didn't have it. It caused a misunderstanding

I've never stayed at any of the resorts, and the last time I visited WDW, there were only the three deluxe ones on the Monorail (yeah, it's been THAT long!). I'm planning a 9-day solo trip in September and was really struggling to settle on one of the moderates, but ultimately I'm leaning toward PO-FQ. Why? The relative smallness (I'll be walking enough everywhere else, so I like the idea of keeping walking to a minimum at my resort), the beignets, the water taxi, the seemingly quieter settings, and the music/theme. I'm hoping that this holds out and that I won't be disappointed.

Just walked by the POFQ pool this morning. Life guards are out and it looks ready for some swimming. Workers are still on the slide, so that might not be ready to go today. We're checking out of our happy place soon. Love POFQ.

Just walked by the POFQ pool this morning. Life guards are out and it looks ready for some swimming. Workers are still on the slide, so that might not be ready to go today.

Great, hopefully it will be open either later today or tomorrow then. Keep us in touch if it re-opens before you leave.

Andre

I've seen pictures of the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory after the remodel, and am severely disappointed because it looks incomplete now. Am I the only one?

I
I've seen pictures of the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory after the remodel, and am severely disappointed because it looks incomplete now. Am I the only one?

We just got back from our Christmas, NYE week. POFQ is our home away from home. We love it there.:lovestrucBut~~~~~
I totally agree with you about the Sassagoula Floatworks. It looks so sterile and a bit stale now.:( I miss all the fun New Orleans masks and Mardi Gras decorations. It made it a fun festive atmosphere.

Oh, there are tons that don't like it. Read back to Nov when they reopened.

We hate the masks and are glad they are gone.

Lots of reports have said some additional stuff is coming

Gosh, you know when I posted that chart, I said in the message, (and again in a followup message clarifying that there is WiFi in all levels), that it was a few years old, and that it was meant as an example of the differences in resort levels, but there were some things that had changed. I think that for most of the items on the chart, it's a good reference, even if a bit outdated...sorry if some found the information to be confusing or if some feel it caused a misunderstanding.

Every resort on property has WiFi. Someone posted a very old list of differences in the resorts and it didn't list WiFi for Mods so they thought it meant they didn't have it. It caused a misunderstanding

Are there ice machines in each of the buildings or do you have to go the main building and food court for ice?

Last edited:
Oh, there are tons that don't like it. Read back to Nov when they reopened.

We hate the masks and are glad they are gone.

Lots of reports have said some additional stuff is coming

From the pictures I saw both pre- and post-remodel, I can't say I was fond of the big heads, either. But now it just looks like a convention hall that hasn't been decorated yet for the next event. I'm disappointed that nobody could seem to think of something better to put in that space. Oh well, if nothing else, it leaves room for improvement later.

I've never stayed at any of the resorts, and the last time I visited WDW, there were only the three deluxe ones on the Monorail (yeah, it's been THAT long!). I'm planning a 9-day solo trip in September and was really struggling to settle on one of the moderates, but ultimately I'm leaning toward PO-FQ. Why? The relative smallness (I'll be walking enough everywhere else, so I like the idea of keeping walking to a minimum at my resort), the beignets, the water taxi, the seemingly quieter settings, and the music/theme. I'm hoping that this holds out and that I won't be disappointed.

I don't think you will be disappointed...I've never stayed at POFQ, but when we were planning our first trip, it was high on the list...but we went value to spend more on a bunch of other experiences and tours. For our second trip it was our first choice...but the free dining offer didn't include it so we went with POR...but we walked down for breakfast and toured it...another trip and another excuse and finally we are booked here for the fall.

You should enjoy it.

As for the decor at the restaurant, I have no knowledge, but just have a feeling that they weren't done decorating...just got it open in time for the Thanksgiving crowds, and they might be putting up more decor this spring...something about the large empty, undecorated spaces, they seem ready to have masks or other decor added.

Does this resort offer any sort of laundry facilities? I'm going for 9 days and so this could help with lightening my luggage.

Gosh, you know when I posted that chart, I said in the message, (and again in a followup message clarifying that there is WiFi in all levels), that it was a few years old, and that it was meant as an example of the differences in resort levels, but there were some things that had changed. I think that for most of the items on the chart, it's a good reference, even if a bit outdated...sorry if some found the information to be confusing or if some feel it caused a misunderstanding.
No problem. I totally knew what you posted and why. Unfortunately, not everyone reads the accompanying posts and just saw the chart and confusion began. No one did anything wrong, not by any means.

I am doing an 11 night solo trip at POFQ later this month. Although the resort is small and the walking CAN be kept to a minimum, I often find myself just strolling around the resort enjoying the ambiance. I love the way they laid it out to look like streets and gardens and how they have benches here and there to just sit and enjoy the view. I really don't think you will be disappointed.

Does anyone know if the slide at POFQ has reopened yet. We will be there a week from Friday and kids so want to use the slide.

Hello fans of POFQ! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

What are the main reasons you choose POFQ over POR?

Hello fans of POFQ! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

What are the main reasons you choose POFQ over POR?
Most of the time I book whichever is cheaper on a given trip.
For Thanksgiving I needed connecting rooms and in looking at the numbers thought FQ may give us a slightly better odds for that so that's what we booked. Plus I thought for a crowded week it may have slightly better bus situation (though more than likely this was a wash)
Another item to consider is room, Riverside can sleep 5 in some rooms, and they have Princess/Royal rooms. When we wanted those that's where we book.
French Quarter is cheaper for our trip next week so I booked it. Riverside had only Royal rooms left, and they are more $$
Mostly, it's hard to to wrong if you have no specific requests. FQ can get a slight nod due to size, if for no other reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter