Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

After sampling a lot of resorts, we are heading back home to Pop in March. I put the extra $$ on a preferred pool view. I have stayed in all of the categories except this one. We stayed in a Nemo suite one trip at AoA; I loved the location in between the skyliner and the main building. 227 days til we go home again!! Until then, I will light my Pop candle and enjoy the smells from here . . .

After sampling a lot of resorts, we are heading back home to Pop in March. I put the extra $$ on a preferred pool view. I have stayed in all of the categories except this one. We stayed in a Nemo suite one trip at AoA; I loved the location in between the skyliner and the main building. 227 days til we go home again!! Until then, I will light my Pop candle and enjoy the smells from here . . .
Preferred Pool is my favorite! You will love it. Well worth the money especially if you have resort days planned OR plan to go back to swim/rest during the afternoon.

Preferred Pool is my favorite! You will love it. Well worth the money especially if you have resort days planned OR plan to go back to swim/rest during the afternoon.
Yes!! We got an "almost preferred pool view" in Building 4 one trip, and it spoiled me. Getting off the skyliner and being right there - plus going to the food court and Everything Pop Shop - made this old girl super happy!! So I went ahead and booked this category to ensure that location. I have a new Kindle paperwhite and plan to take book breaks at the pool (and Petals), too!

Hi! Long time POP-lovers, but haven't been since FEB 2020. Can anyone tell me if Dole Whip is still available at the resort, or if that's disappeared as one of the recent changes?

Hi! Long time POP-lovers, but haven't been since FEB 2020. Can anyone tell me if Dole Whip is still available at the resort, or if that's disappeared as one of the recent changes?
Unfortunately no. They haven't been back since Covid...very short life-span at Pop. They do have vanilla and chocolate soft serve (at least they did in Feb.), but that's it.

Do they umbrellas at the Hippy Dippy pool?

Are you asking if there are umbrellas at the Hippy Dippy pool? Yes, there are some but not a lot and they are on the outer ring, not the seats closest to the water.

Update: I just went through my pictures and could only find one table with an umbrella that appears to be in the pool area.

As @Lsdolphin said, the vast majority (and quite possibly all) of the umbrellas are outside of the gated pool area.

Last edited:
Is Disney still doing the daily "wellness" checks when they come into your room? We haven't visited since this started a few years back, so we've never experienced it. The reason I ask is because we're not early risers most of the time and we would not be looking forward to getting woken up every morning by someone knocking on our door.

Yes, those I believe are permanent as they began before 2020 and are for security reasons. I have not experienced them early in the morning and I don’t believe they would do them too early in the day.

Has there been any reports of a room refurb at pop? Staying there at the end of august and called to make a room request and the CS agent mentioned they are doing refurbs and said that's why there are very limited amounts of preferred rooms available currently. I know the call center agents are notorious for giving bad info so I thought I'd come straight to my source of truth, Disboards. lol

Has there been any reports of a room refurb at pop? Staying there at the end of august and called to make a room request and the CS agent mentioned they are doing refurbs and said that's why there are very limited amounts of preferred rooms available currently. I know the call center agents are notorious for giving bad info so I thought I'd come straight to my source of truth, Disboards. lol
If there is this is the first report of it. All rooms were refurbished between 2016 and 2018 so I would be surprised if they were already doing a major room refurbishment.

Pop often fills to capacity many months in advance so I would guess that's more why the number of rooms is limited. I would recommend calling and seeing if you're told the same thing by another CM. If you are I'll add a note to the posts on page 1 of a possible room refurbishment taking place.

If there is this is the first report of it. All rooms were refurbished between 2016 and 2018 so I would be surprised if they were already doing a major room refurbishment.

Pop often fills to capacity many months in advance so I would guess that's more why the number of rooms is limited. I would recommend calling and seeing if you're told the same thing by another CM. If you are I'll add a note to the posts on page 1 of a possible room refurbishment taking place.
I called back and another agent said there's large chunk of rooms being rehabbed. Not necessarily changing anything, but fixing some rooms that had issues? 🤷‍♀️.

I called back and another agent said there's large chunk of rooms being rehabbed. Not necessarily changing anything, but fixing some rooms that had issues? 🤷‍♀️.

I think this is correct. People with preferred/preferred pool view rooms have been getting moved to Nemo suites at AoA lately. (I have seen reports on FB of this happening and not as paid upgrades but free)

I think this is correct. People with preferred/preferred pool view rooms have been getting moved to Nemo suites at AoA lately. (I have seen reports on FB of this happening and not as paid upgrades but free)

Thanks. I will update post 1 with this information! Appreciate the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter