• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I am going to be booking 4 rooms for January 2023 for ourselves & our 3 adult children‘s families and want us all to be in the same building and close together. How do I make this request with POP?
Call the Resort Reservations line (you might be able to do this via Chat - I'd try that first), give them all 4 confirmation numbers and ask them to put a "traveling with" notation on all 4 reservations. That's the standard way of telling the room assignment CMs that you'd like to be as close together as possible. With that many rooms, I'd make it my only request.

PS reportedly, rooms are assigned 5-7 days before arrival, so I'd do this sooner (like as soon as convenient) rather than later.

Not sure if its building 8 or 9, but its definitely room 9101-9012 I want because we just stayed in 9101 (right next to the giant Walkman lol). We have stayed at Pop 5 times and always ended up in this building but last time was first time we specifically requested it. People say its far from everything but its literally one minute to the busses, 2 mins to dining hall and 5 minutes to Skyliner. Cant wait to go!!!

Since it’s rooms 9101-9012 you may wish to call and ensure you have building 9 on your request so that there is no question.

You will take your luggage to the luggage area at the back of Classic Hall. They will keep your luggage and give you claim tags for you to claim your bags later.

Pictures of this area are on the first page of this thread in post 9.
Thank you. Yes, we've done that many times. I was trying to see if there was a way to skip that step if we have bell services pick up our bags in the morning from our room. I wasn't sure if they could store them directly from our room, but it sounds like that's not an option. Thank you for the reply.

Not sure if its building 8 or 9, but its definitely room 9101-9012 I want because we just stayed in 9101 (right next to the giant Walkman lol). We have stayed at Pop 5 times and always ended up in this building but last time was first time we specifically requested it. People say its far from everything but its literally one minute to the busses, 2 mins to dining hall and 5 minutes to Skyliner. Cant wait to go!!!

That would be building 9. I’m planning on putting in a request for ground floor building 9 closer to our trip! My son desperately wants to stay in the 80’s for the Rubik’s cubes lol and 9 is closer to the playground. I’m glad to hear it’s a good building!!!

I am going to be booking 4 rooms for January 2023 for ourselves & our 3 adult children‘s families and want us all to be in the same building and close together. How do I make this request with POP?
If you book them at the same time; they should automatically be linked as a "party traveling together/with," but I would also call and nake the request when you book.

We have done this at least annually for almost 2 decades now at lots of Disney hotels and have always been VERY close together and more often than not all right next to each other.

Thank you. Yes, we've done that many times. I was trying to see if there was a way to skip that step if we have bell services pick up our bags in the morning from our room. I wasn't sure if they could store them directly from our room, but it sounds like that's not an option. Thank you for the reply.
I don’t believe Disney has the staffing capacity to offer this service. When we were there earlier this year I was chatting with the 2 helpful CMs who were working the resort checkout luggage area. I asked and they said they had over 900 rooms turning over that day!!! When we used the drop off and pick up service prior to our flight I was pleasantly surprised how efficient the service was given the vast amounts of luggage they were dealing with!!

Question about bell services. On our departure day, if I call for bell services to collect our luggage from our room can/will they take it for it to be stored directly from our room while we go about our day until it's time to retrieve it to head to the airport?

Or will we need to go to the front desk with bell services to get. the luggage stored?
You can call for Luggage service and they will come to your room and take your bags and store until you are ready to leave. However you would need to stay in your room until they come and get your luggage or you can take your luggage to baggage area your self and request storage. we called and had them come and pick up our luggage during our trip in mid-Sept. they were there in 10 min.

You can call for Luggage service and they will come to your room and take your bags and store until you are ready to leave. However you would need to stay in your room until they come and get your luggage or you can take your luggage to baggage area your self and request storage. we called and had them come and pick up our luggage during our trip in mid-Sept. they were there in 10 min.
Thanks for this update! I didn’t realize this service was one that had been reinstated. Good to know!

Oh, so if I call bell services (waiting in room until they arrive); they will take it and store it without us needing to go down to bell services in the front? This is exactly what I was asking and hoping to hear was possible. We normally just take it ourselves, but with the makeup of our party and plans this trip it'd be much easier if we could just have bell services pick up our bags in our room and store them without us needing to go down there too.

I'm wondering if the pp had never tried, but just assumed it wasn't an option??

It's great to have first hand experiences and knowledge...we truly appreciate your feedback.

If anyone else has been and tried this and has been NOT been able to do this; we'd appreciate that feedback too. Just trying to plan and know generally what to expect. It's great if this is something they are generally able to do.

Thanks again...had I not seen your post I wouldn't have even tried, so truly appreciate 1st hand knowledge and experiences.

Oh, so if I call bell services (waiting in room until they arrive); they will take it and store it without us needing to go down to bell services in the front? This is exactly what I was asking and hoping to hear was possible. We normally just take it ourselves, but with the makeup of our party and plans this trip it'd be much easier if we could just have bell services pick up our bags in our room and store them without us needing to go down there too.

I'm wondering if the pp had never tried, but just assumed it wasn't an option??

It's great to have first hand experiences and knowledge...we truly appreciate your feedback.

If anyone else has been and tried this and has been NOT been able to do this; we'd appreciate that feedback too. Just trying to plan and know generally what to expect. It's great if this is something they are generally able to do.

Thanks again...had I not seen your post I wouldn't have even tried, so truly appreciate 1st hand knowledge and experiences.
This service was not initially reinstated when the resorts reopened. when we were there early this year, guests had to transport their own luggage to luggage services on departure day if they wanted it stored.

@Lsdolphin is the first to report that a modified version has been reinstated.

We have stayed at Pop many times and prior to Mar 2020 we advised we had luggage to be stored, left all luggage in the room by the windows, went to a park and it was taken and stored while we were away. When the resort first reopened this service was not available and nobody until today had reported it was once again an option.

Hey everyone, I have a trip coming up in few weeks and just called the main Disney reservation number to make a request to have a pack n play for our son. The person I got on the phone really didn't give me a good feeling. They kept saying they can't guarantee anything but I'm just really confused...I thought you were supposed to call to put in this request for the pack n play. And is it really not guaranteed so there's a chance my 1 year old won't have a place to sleep? Is there possibly a better number to call to ask about getting a pack n play for the room?

We are currently booked in a preferred pool room and we are traveling with someone who booked preferred. Is there any chance if we put each other as traveling with parties that we will end up in the same building or is that impossible with those two room types?Also, has anyone had a double stroller in the room? Will it fit with both beds down? I know the rooms are a lot smaller than others we have stayed in, this is our first time staying in a value.

Hey everyone, I have a trip coming up in few weeks and just called the main Disney reservation number to make a request to have a pack n play for our son. The person I got on the phone really didn't give me a good feeling. They kept saying they can't guarantee anything but I'm just really confused...I thought you were supposed to call to put in this request for the pack n play. And is it really not guaranteed so there's a chance my 1 year old won't have a place to sleep? Is there possibly a better number to call to ask about getting a pack n play for the room?

There shouldn't be any problem getting a pack 'n play. Even if it's not in your room when you arrive, you can call to get one brought to you.

There shouldn't be any problem getting a pack 'n play. Even if it's not in your room when you arrive, you can call to get one brought to you.
Ok great thanks for the extra reassurance. I'd be very very very surprised if anyone would go to Disney with a small child and weren't given a place to sleep but the cast member on the phone just really wasn't that helpful for some reason.

Ok great thanks for the extra reassurance. I'd be very very very surprised if anyone would go to Disney with a small child and weren't given a place to sleep but the cast member on the phone just really wasn't that helpful for some reason.

While it’s 99.9% assured you will receive one what it sounds like is you were looking for Disney to give you a guarantee probably in writing somewhere. The CM did the right thing by not guaranteeing anything because what if for some odd reason 60% of the guests requested a pack and play? Disney can’t cover that and they wouldn’t scramble around Orlando trying to cover a guarantee.

While it’s 99.9% assured you will receive one what it sounds like is you were looking for Disney to give you a guarantee probably in writing somewhere. The CM did the right thing by not guaranteeing anything because what if for some odd reason 60% of the guests requested a pack and play? Disney can’t cover that and they wouldn’t scramble around Orlando trying to cover a guarantee.
Wasn't looking for or expecting anything like that. The person on the phone was just very short with me for some reason and I've never experienced that before with Disney. All I did was ask if I needed to request a pack n play and if so to put that request on my reservation. In response the person kept saying "We can't guarantee anything since it's pre arrival. You'll have to check your room when you get there." They didn't even acknowledge that they were putting the request down. It just honestly felt like it was the first time someone has ever asked that CM for this request. Maybe it was their first day or something. Was just not a good customer service experience.

We are currently booked in a preferred pool room and we are traveling with someone who booked preferred. Is there any chance if we put each other as traveling with parties that we will end up in the same building or is that impossible with those two room types?Also, has anyone had a double stroller in the room? Will it fit with both beds down? I know the rooms are a lot smaller than others we have stayed in, this is our first time staying in a value.
Yes, buildings 5 and 6 have both Preferred Pool View rooms and Preferred rooms. Please see resort layout colour-coded map on page 1 for reference.

I would recommend calling to link your reservations and also request to be placed in the same building. They will not guarantee that you're in the same building but requesting it means they will try.

Yes, a double stroller will fit in the room, near the window, even with both beds down but it will make the room more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter