Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Good to know thank you.

I do have another question about magic bands. I used my discover card to pay for the room and the tickets. Is it possible to change cards if I do want to use my magic band for purchases? At least for mobile ordering and genie+. I rather use my banking card for that.

I did read you need to go the front desk add other cards to link to different magic bands for other members in your party. I'm amusing this would be the case if one wanted to change their the card on file.

You can put the card you want to use in the online checkin when you do it or you can change cards at checkin. They do take the $100 hold off the card you have on the online checkin form. Also if you charge more than $100 they take that off your card and place a new $100 hold on your card. I always try to keep my charges under $100 by only having my kid use her band to charge small snacks when needed so I don’t get several holds on my card. One family meal can easily go over the $100.

Doing online Checkin and got a preferred room - I noticed i can make room requests of Ground Floor, King Bedroom or 50's, 70s. Any preference between these options aside from the obvious King bed one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doing online Checkin and got a preferred room - I noticed i can make room requests of Ground Floor, King Bedroom or 50's, 70s. Any preference between these options aside from the obvious King bed one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you plan to use the Skyliner 50s are a good close option. Not particularly close to the parking lot though if you’re going to be mostly driving. That’s where we stayed last trip

If you plan to use the Skyliner 50s are a good close option. Not particularly close to the parking lot though if you’re going to be mostly driving. That’s where we stayed last trip
Yes I do not plan on driving- was thinking of Ubers though possibly depending on how long the lines are for the skyliners? If you could do it again would you def use the skyliners instead of alternative transportation? buses?

Yes I do not plan on driving- was thinking of Ubers though possibly depending on how long the lines are for the skyliners? If you could do it again would you def use the skyliners instead of alternative transportation? buses?
Yeah we’re going in March and to get to DHS and Epcot I’d use them. If they went to MK and AK I’d use them as well. I think it’s one of the more seamless traveling systems. I’ve never been on one that malfunctioned and that seems to be the only negative. If it does malfunction it could be a while

Yeah we’re going in March and to get to DHS and Epcot I’d use them. If they went to MK and AK I’d use them as well. I think it’s one of the more seamless traveling systems. I’ve never been on one that malfunctioned and that seems to be the only negative. If it does malfunction it could be a while
I plan on going to AK, then MK and DHS on my final day. Are the 70s rooms closer to the parking lot? I may like to reschedule some dining reservations since the skyliner looks very fun to ride instead of buses/ ubers.

I plan on going to AK, then MK and DHS on my final day. Are the 70s rooms closer to the parking lot? I may like to reschedule some dining reservations since the skyliner looks very fun to ride instead of buses/ ubers.
They’re both closer to AOA but if you do end up in 70s it might be marginally closer to the parking lot. It all kind of depends on the building and stuff. For the 50s we were right on the water. So we had a good little walk to the parking lot.

They’re both closer to AOA but if you do end up in 70s it might be marginally closer to the parking lot. It all kind of depends on the building and stuff. For the 50s we were right on the water. So we had a good little walk to the parking lot.
Thanks so much for the information.

There are 3 buildings in the 50's section. Buildings 1 and 2 have parking very close to them but are further away from the skyliner. Building 3 is closer to the skyliner. The 70's section has 2 buildings, building 6 and building 10. Building 6 is closer to the skyliner and building 7 is closer to parking.

Does anyone have the price (or photo!) of what strollers are on sale in Everything Pop?

Hi, hello, long time lurker, first time poster here! I've been soft-planning this trip since 2020, but the pandemic kept pushing my plans furtherand further. But aparently things are finally going to happen on Jan-2023.

I'm an international traveller, and I comment this because some of my plans are impacted by this.

After a lot of research I've decided that, if every thing works out, I'll be staying at Pop Century. But I have a few questions I hope you guys can help.

I've been looking at rooms and my priority is room that would be near the skyliner. I won't be driving so, near the parking lots is useless to me. Now comes the tricky part, I'll be travelling with my mom, who has some mobility issues. She is not on a wheelchair, but she loses balance a lot, and in her bathroom we have instaled those disabled handlebars to help her shower. What I would like to know is, are there rooms that are close to the skyliner AND have disabled-ready bathrooms? And if so, how would I be able to book them? Like I said, I'm international so calling the disney phone is very difficult, if not impossible, for me.

Our first priority is definetely the skyliner proximity, but the bathroom would help us a lot too.

Any possible information is welcome!

There is a bookable category of rooms that have accessible in their description. All the accessible rooms with have grab bars by the toilet. But a Florida accessible will have a standard toilet height and not any extra bars in the tub/shower. The accessible tub rooms will have a taller toilet and extra bars in the tub/shower. The roll-in shower rooms will have a taller toilet and a walk in shower with extra bars and a pull down seat. You need to make sure that they room you book says it is an "accessible" room and what type it is, Florida, tub or roll-in shower. The resort will also be able to provide you a shower chair that fits inside the tub if you call housekeeping keeping after you arrive.

There is a bookable category of rooms that have accessible in their description. All the accessible rooms with have grab bars by the toilet. But a Florida accessible will have a standard toilet height and not any extra bars in the tub/shower. The accessible tub rooms will have a taller toilet and extra bars in the tub/shower. The roll-in shower rooms will have a taller toilet and a walk in shower with extra bars and a pull down seat. You need to make sure that they room you book says it is an "accessible" room and what type it is, Florida, tub or roll-in shower. The resort will also be able to provide you a shower chair that fits inside the tub if you call housekeeping keeping after you arrive.
thank you for the information! I was looking for a booking map where I could see where these disabled rooms are, related to their distance to the skyliner. Do you know if that exists?

thank you for the information! I was looking for a booking map where I could see where these disabled rooms are, related to their distance to the skyliner. Do you know if that exists?
There is a site called touringplans.com. You can join but you do not have to do the paid membership. Using only the free membership there is a lot of things you can do. Including searching for room locations for free without paying to join. To see the location of accessible rooms at Pop Century, clink on the link on the first page that says "requesting a particular room at your hotel". That will bring up a new page and you click on "Hotel room views". Then scroll down to the Pop Century, click on that and there will be a page to fill out the room type you are looking for. It sounds complicated but it is not too hard to figure out.

There is a site called touringplans.com. You can join but you do not have to do the paid membership. Using only the free membership there is a lot of things you can do. Including searching for room locations for free without paying to join. To see the location of accessible rooms at Pop Century, clink on the link on the first page that says "requesting a particular room at your hotel". That will bring up a new page and you click on "Hotel room views". Then scroll down to the Pop Century, click on that and there will be a page to fill out the room type you are looking for. It sounds complicated but it is not too hard to figure out.
Thank you! That's amazing information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter