• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you there now/recently, how's the pool situation looking now that spring break is over? Still hitting capacity or has it mellowed out?

We stayed at Pop 4/17-4/25 (our 4th stay) and had a great time!

We stayed in a preferred pool view room and had the exact same room as in November, just 2 floors down! It was the perfect room on the corner near the elevator (we loved it because of the location between the lobby and Skyliner).

I really hated not having housekeeping. After 8 nights everything just seemed dirty and disheveled, despite me keeping things straightened. There was no rhyme or reason as to when someone would empty trash or pick up towels. It definitely wasn’t every other day. I think housekeeping will be a big factor in deciding when we go back.

I noticed something on the other side of our block. They store the laundry carts right there in the court yard! It was so ugly and so unmagical to me. If I went to my room and saw that, I would march right back to guest services and demand another room!

Last edited:

I had a missed call from Buena Vista and am on hold with customer service. My trip is in August. If they offer a similar switch, I'm not sure if I should take it? I've never stayed at either but was getting pretty excited about POP.
We once got a phone call at Pop a few hours after we had checked in asking us if we’d like a free upgrade on our 2 week trip to an AofA Nemo Suite because of an air conditioner problem with our room.

Maybe we’re crazy but we turned them down. Love Pop! :love:

Here I come at you again with another question... (I know, I know lol) I thought I read somewhere on the DIS that late checkouts were a thing again? Did I imagine this? If so, do you just ask them when you check in if it's possible?

Our departing flight got bumped even later so now we have until 4PM to be at the airport... trying to decide if a leisurely pool day would the best way to go... or go to Disney Springs and spend more money on Disney things I don't need....

We stayed at Pop 4/17-4/25 (our 4th stay) and had a great time!

We stayed in a preferred pool view room and had the exact same room as in November, just 2 floors down! It was the perfect room on the corner near the elevator (we loved it because of the location between the lobby and Skyliner).

I really hated not having housekeeping. After 8 nights everything just seemed dirty and disheveled, despite me keeping things straightened. There was no rhyme or reason as to when someone would empty trash or pick up towels. It definitely wasn’t every other day. I think housekeeping will be a big factor in deciding when we go back.

View attachment 571616
I noticed something on the other side of our block. They store the laundry carts right there in the court yard! It was so ugly and so unmagical to me. If I went to my room and saw that, I would march right back to guest services and demand another room!
Many of the preferred rooms overlook these maid cart locations. It can be very loud out hear early in the morning. It’s one of the reasons I prefer standard rooms.

Many of the preferred rooms overlook these maid cart locations. It can be very loud out hear early in the morning. It’s one of the reasons I prefer standard rooms.

I am honestly surprised they don’t have somewhere else to park those.

Maybe I’m odd, but my view is important to me. That’s one of the reasons I book preferred pool view, because my view is guaranteed.

The Skyliner line is running as it is bringing guests from the Epcot resorts and Riviera to DHS. Guests with dining reservations will be allowed to board the Epcot bound Skyliner from CBR before guests going to Epcot.
This is helpful info! Will it work to board the Skyliner early for a QS order at the Riviera at Primo Piatto from POP?

I'm so glad you posted this. Only standard is available for my trip in December. I've been stalking the web site every day for a preferred room. Maybe I'll just be happy with my standard!

I'm so glad you posted this. Only standard is available for my trip in December. I've been stalking the web site every day for a preferred room. Maybe I'll just be happy with my standard!
I’ve stayed in preferred twice and several times in standard. The standard rooms we’ve stayed in have been great so far.

60’s standard rooms are my favourite.
Rooms are close to the main pool, main building and skyliner with a view of the lake. :)

I am honestly surprised they don’t have somewhere else to park those.

Maybe I’m odd, but my view is important to me. That’s one of the reasons I book preferred pool view, because my view is guaranteed.
Views are important to me too, even at the values. I request ground floor rooms and scope out rooms with unobstructed views for future trips.

It will be my first time at Pop. I booked a standard room and requested the 60s section. Are the standard rooms pretty much anything not facing the Hippy Dippy pool?

It will be my first time at Pop. I booked a standard room and requested the 60s section. Are the standard rooms pretty much anything not facing the Hippy Dippy pool?
Just the rooms facing the lake are standard. The rooms facing the inner courtyard are preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter