• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Pop now. They do have brewed tea, unsweet, sweet, and hot. I never tried the sweet but most days the unsweet has been pretty good, a couple of times it was close to turning.

We honestly have been pretty unhappy with the food here. What there is tastes ok, but there really are no choices beyond burger, chicken fingers, pizza, and the pot roast. If you can, eat at the parks before you come back. We have always heard that AoA has better food choices and planned to walk over there for dinner one night, but I guess COVID has hit their menu as well, because it was very similar.
Unfortunately in Aug 2019 many of the resort quick service options were greatly reduced and this included Pop snd AoA. After re-opening choices were further reduced with not a lot of options. It’s unfortunate but I don’t see things changing in the foreseeable future.

My recommendation for variety is to go onto the Disney website (not app) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/ and view menu options there. You can search for individual foods you might want and see the menus of all Disney Quick Service locations.

Sorry you’re not enjoying the food court options. I would join you in that opinion. Hopefully the option above might help you find other locations to try.

We are at Pop now. They do have brewed tea, unsweet, sweet, and hot. I never tried the sweet but most days the unsweet has been pretty good, a couple of times it was close to turning.

We honestly have been pretty unhappy with the food here. What there is tastes ok, but there really are no choices beyond burger, chicken fingers, pizza, and the pot roast. If you can, eat at the parks before you come back. We have always heard that AoA has better food choices and planned to walk over there for dinner one night, but I guess COVID has hit their menu as well, because it was very similar.
My advice to anyone staying at POP is to take the skyliner to Riviera and get food from their QS, Primo Piatto. It is infinitely better than anything at POP's food court.

Just got back from an amazing Christmas week at Pop and it was the best! This is our family's first time back at Pop since after the refurbishment and I was amazed! I loved all the extra shelving by the sink, the shower was incredible, everything was so clean, the beds and pillows were soooo comfortable, smart use of space with raised beds, LOVED the skyliner. This was our best ever onsite experience. Ive never before not told myself that I couldn't wait to go home to my own bed and bath when I travel. Plus, customer service was outstanding. We had put in a request for a standard room in the 60s building through our travel agent, as well as through Touring plans.com. Our rooms were ready much earlier than the 3pm check in, but they were in the 80s building. I received the notification of room number while we were on our way on Magical Express. I called the hotel using the contact number on MDE and they said the room assigner would call us back. As we arrived onsite, I received the call from the room assigner who requested we go to the front desk. They gave us our request, 2 connecting rooms in the 60's-- best location for skyliner, transportation, and food court. Could not have asked for better. This was such a great experience considering we had not been back in almost 4 year.

Just got back from an amazing Christmas week at Pop and it was the best! This is our family's first time back at Pop since after the refurbishment and I was amazed! I loved all the extra shelving by the sink, the shower was incredible, everything was so clean, the beds and pillows were soooo comfortable, smart use of space with raised beds, LOVED the skyliner. This was our best ever onsite experience. Ive never before not told myself that I couldn't wait to go home to my own bed and bath when I travel. Plus, customer service was outstanding. We had put in a request for a standard room in the 60s building through our travel agent, as well as through Touring plans.com. Our rooms were ready much earlier than the 3pm check in, but they were in the 80s building. I received the notification of room number while we were on our way on Magical Express. I called the hotel using the contact number on MDE and they said the room assigner would call us back. As we arrived onsite, I received the call from the room assigner who requested we go to the front desk. They gave us our request, 2 connecting rooms in the 60's-- best location for skyliner, transportation, and food court. Could not have asked for better. This was such a great experience considering we had not been back in almost 4 year.
GROOVY!!!! :)

Gotta love how hard the WDW Room Assigners work to try to fill Guests' requests!

We are arriving Thursday 28th around 8pm, hoping to be at pop by 9ish... is petals open for drinks until 10pm still??

What rooms did you end up with? Putting in my request on TP now and was looking for connecting rooms close to skyliner, bus and food court. Thanks 😊

If you really want connecting rooms, I’d make that my only request.
Why limit the requests? You never know what they may come up with for you! I always put my requests in with a priority order. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. If I really prefer a certain area or building and I don’t get it, the front desk is usually super accommodating. For this time of year with lower crowds, I don’t think getting connecting rooms will be an issue. We shall see!

Why limit the requests? You never know what they may come up with for you! I always put my requests in with a priority order. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. If I really prefer a certain area or building and I don’t get it, the front desk is usually super accommodating. For this time of year with lower crowds, I don’t think getting connecting rooms will be an issue. We shall see!
I was thinking this too. In MDE I don’t see where you can request a connecting room so I requested two other things and my TA is calling to make sure connecting rooms are priority for us. Since our TA is doing that I wonder if I can call the week before we travel to verify that it is actually on our reservation. We are going end of January, so I’m not too worried about it with low crowds.

If you really want connecting rooms, I’d make that my only request.
The reason some people recommend only putting one thing on your request if it is your 'must have' is that it's not necessarily the order you list things that the room assigners assign them in. If you request 'connecting rooms, king room, higher floor' you may be assigned a 'higher floor' in a building that isn't in your desired location nor a king room.

That being said, I do similar to what @married2grumpy does and put down a couple things I want and if when my room is assigned it's not in the location I want, I ask to see if there is availability where I want if I wait. Most times they can accommodate. For us location is top priority most trips unless travelling with friends and we want connecting rooms.

Last edited:
We bought water bottles at the resort for our trip recently for the first time. It actually worked out really well. I think it was around $7.50 for a case of medium sized bottles... 18 to 20 bottles. Their size made them easy to carry around (they weren’t standard size but not the tiny ones either) and to pour in coffee maker. They all fit in the fridge too. At the parks we’d often just get the free ice water at QS places and pour into our filtered Bobble bottle.
Where at POP did you find a case of bottled water for $7.50? I cannot find it on the moblie order/App.. Need it for coffee! Please let me know how you bought this! Thanks!!!!

Where at POP did you find a case of bottled water for $7.50? I cannot find it on the moblie order/App.. Need it for coffee! Please let me know how you bought this! Thanks!!!!
I asked a cast member at the entrance of the food court/gift shop. She had another cast member get a case from the back for me. Just ask and they’ll get you a case then you pay there at the registers.

I assume to get the refillable mug now, you mobile order with your food? If so, do you have any control over color choice? At a minimum, I assume if you order multiple, you get different colors so you can keep track of whose is whose?

I assume to get the refillable mug now, you mobile order with your food? If so, do you have any control over color choice? At a minimum, I assume if you order multiple, you get different colors so you can keep track of whose is whose?
They sell them in Everything Pop so you can pick out the ones you want.

I got mine thru mobile order with choices of color

We'll be at Pop Century 2 weeks from today! I've tried searching on the boards for the answer to this question, but I must not be searching the right way. Anyway, here's what I'm wondering... the QS food court at Pop opens for breakfast at 7 am. If I want to pick up my breakfast at, let's say, 7:15 am, starting at what time can I submit my mobile order? Is it at 6 am? Or any time after midnight?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter