• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any water refill stations at the resort or would you have to ask the beverage cast member for cups of water?

Is there any water refill stations at the resort or would you have to ask the beverage cast member for cups of water?
I don't know of any refill stations. Water fountains were working, but it is awkward to fill up bottles that way. You'd need to stand in the beverage line to ask for a cup of water. It is the kid size cup they give you. We have always brought our Contigo water bottles and filled up at fountains in the past, but this year I opted to place an order with Instacart (from Aldi) that included a flat of water. It felt a little safer to throw bottles in our backpacks rather than use the Contigo bottles which we usually clip on the outside. It was 2 of us for a week long trip and we had no problems drinking all 24 bottles of water plus 8 bottles of Gatorade. This was my first time having a small ($40ish) order delivered and I plan on having groceries delivered on every trip I take henceforth. I paid less for the 24 bottle flat of water than WDW charges for 1 bottle of water.

I would just like to say how much we loved our Pop Century resort stay. We were suppose to go in May and stay at OKW with a pin code but they would not honor it after lockdown. (it was only for a specific time). So, we made the best of it. To my surprise we really liked it. We were in the 70's building with our adult sons (23 and 26) and they gave us a connecting room. So, we just left the adjoining door open between the rooms and made like it was a suite. (LOL). We loved everyone's happy attitude as well. There was some trouble with the Skyliner on Saturday and they had to get buses for us to go to Epcot and they handled it quite well. No complaining from us, we were just happy to be there. We are already planning a trip next year. Not sure if we will stay there again. Want to have more room, so we may rent DVC points.

We have a stay coming up in a month and I want to request a room that is close to the skyliner. Are we able to come and go thru the doors on the ends of the buildings? Thanks!

We have a stay coming up in a month and I want to request a room that is close to the skyliner. Are we able to come and go thru the doors on the ends of the buildings? Thanks!
Pop Century rooms all exit to outdoor corridors so there are no actual entrances/exits from the buildings other than into individual rooms. There are external staircases on the ends of the buildings that all guests may use. Guests may use all walkways around the buildings and property.

I don't know of any refill stations. Water fountains were working, but it is awkward to fill up bottles that way. You'd need to stand in the beverage line to ask for a cup of water. It is the kid size cup they give you. We have always brought our Contigo water bottles and filled up at fountains in the past, but this year I opted to place an order with Instacart (from Aldi) that included a flat of water. It felt a little safer to throw bottles in our backpacks rather than use the Contigo bottles which we usually clip on the outside. It was 2 of us for a week long trip and we had no problems drinking all 24 bottles of water plus 8 bottles of Gatorade. This was my first time having a small ($40ish) order delivered and I plan on having groceries delivered on every trip I take henceforth. I paid less for the 24 bottle flat of water than WDW charges for 1 bottle of water.

Bummer, I am only there for a few days and wouldn’t be able to buy enough for a delivery. I guess I’ll just buy some bottles at the resort if needed.

. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes for any bus the whole trip except for the emergency bus we took from the Boardwalk after the Skyliner broke down when we were in Epcot one evening. While I was glad to not be one of the Skyliner passengers stuck in the sky, waiting in that emergency bus line at Boardwalk with a bunch of half drunk Riviera,Pop,AoA and CBR passengers was no walk in the park. LOL I felt bad for the one little elderly cast member that was trying to handle it all.

This scenario seems to ALWAYS be a cluster!

We encountered it in September and there was NO Cast Member at the BW Bus Depot and no buses were coming AT ALL for the Skyliner Resorts.

The line was all almost all the way back to the BW Lobby.

Some Guests finally just bailed and called a Rideshare.

Others were on their phones to Disney and finally got some response to the situation with a bus arriving after about 30 minutes.

We were at the front of the line and able to get on the first Bus but with Covid Buses they needed probably 5 more to handle the crowd.

I don't understand why Disney isn't more prepared for this situation as it happens OFTEN!

Bummer, I am only there for a few days and wouldn’t be able to buy enough for a delivery. I guess I’ll just buy some bottles at the resort if needed.
We bought water bottles at the resort for our trip recently for the first time. It actually worked out really well. I think it was around $7.50 for a case of medium sized bottles... 18 to 20 bottles. Their size made them easy to carry around (they weren’t standard size but not the tiny ones either) and to pour in coffee maker. They all fit in the fridge too. At the parks we’d often just get the free ice water at QS places and pour into our filtered Bobble bottle.

We bought water bottles at the resort for our trip recently for the first time. It actually worked out really well. I think it was around $7.50 for a case of medium sized bottles... 18 to 20 bottles. Their size made them easy to carry around (they weren’t standard size but not the tiny ones either) and to pour in coffee maker. They all fit in the fridge too. At the parks we’d often just get the free ice water at QS places and pour into our filtered Bobble bottle.

As recommended by @wdwrule you may find it more economical snd easier to purchase a case of water at the resort. You can burn a lot of cash purchasing water in the parks.

As recommended by @wdwrule you may find it more economical snd easier to purchase a case of water at the resort. You can burn a lot of cash purchasing water in the parks.

Are you saying the resort itself sells a case of water or to get it through the delivery sites? I don't use those delivery sites so I am not familiar with minimum purchases. Do they deliver if its only a case of water? If I recall correctly, I thought the resort gift shop sells some larger waters, around 2L, so I was going to get a couple of those for the room and ask for water at the parks.

You can purchase a case of water at the resort. Not sure if it’s sold in the Everything Pop store right now or ordered via mobile order. Hopefully someone who is there or has been there since reopening can give you some additional info.

You can purchase a case of water at the resort. Not sure if it’s sold in the Everything Pop store right now or ordered via mobile order. Hopefully someone who is there or has been there since reopening can give you some additional info.

Interesting, hopefully someone can chime in. I looked on Instacart and used Pop's address. It showed a Publix nearby. It required a $10 minimum order so I did a case of water and some protein bars. Then it also wanted $8 delivery. So $18 isnt that great of a price.

Are you saying the resort itself sells a case of water or to get it through the delivery sites? I don't use those delivery sites so I am not familiar with minimum purchases. Do they deliver if its only a case of water? If I recall correctly, I thought the resort gift shop sells some larger waters, around 2L, so I was going to get a couple of those for the room and ask for water at the parks.
On our arrival day a few weeks ago, we went to the entrance of the food court/gift store where they check if you have a mobile order. I explained to the CM that I’d like to purchase a case of water. She directed me through the food court to the resort register line (I was only one in line there). We told cashier that we’d like a case of water and she sent a CM to grab a case of water. It was a very easy process. The case wasn’t too heavy so I just carried it back to our room, although daughter took a turn carrying it after four flights of steps 😄

On our arrival day a few weeks ago, we went to the entrance of the food court/gift store where they check if you have a mobile order. I explained to the CM that I’d like to purchase a case of water. She directed me through the food court to the resort register line (I was only one in line there). We told cashier that we’d like a case of water and she sent a CM to grab a case of water. It was a very easy process. The case wasn’t too heavy so I just carried it back to our room, although daughter took a turn carrying it after four flights of steps 😄

How much was it at the food court for the case of water?

How much was it at the food court for the case of water?
I don’t remember exactly but it was around $7.50.

ETA: I just looked on my records. It was $7.45. Also, as I had stated earlier, the bottles were smaller than standard but this was exactly what we needed.

Last edited:
I don’t remember exactly but it was around $7.50.

ETA: I just looked on my records. It was $7.45. Also, as I had stated earlier, the bottles were smaller than standard but this was exactly what we needed.

Sounds heavy, about how big was it for that price?

Transportation has been better than expected, the past few days. We opted not to RD parks except for EPCOT because we didn’t want to deal with crowds, so I can’t speak to RD transportation. We did have to wait at DS near closing on Tuesday night for about half an hour. There was a bus maybe every 10 minutes or so and then they brought several buses at once. There were several buses lined up at MK closing. The skyliner at EPCOT closing on Sunday night and HS closing on Monday night was practically a walk on at the park stations and transfer point. The only lengthy transportation wait we had was at EPCOT opening on Sunday (11am opening). We got right on at pop but had to wait 20 minutes at CBR (for reference, the line was to the international bus depot at CBR). The trip took 45 minutes, which isn’t bad at park opening, but longer than the other wait times so far. We walked right on the skyliner about an hour and 15 minutes after HS opening, which I wasn’t expecting.
For the shop, from my experience, the line to get in store looks long (it was out the door a couple of times) but we got in within 2-3 minutes every time.
This was my first stay at Pop and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be staying at Pop again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter