Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... stupid question. Does anyone know which way the dial goes for the refrigerator to make it cold? :o:o

Can anyone speak to how the hair dryers are? Are they typical hotel hair dryers? I need something with a bit of power behind it, so I'm trying to decide if I should just bring my own or not.
The Pop hair dryers are not the low power wall-mounted kind found in many hotels. Those things are a joke! I have long, thick hair and need a real hair dryer to get it dry. The one at Pop works well enough. It’s not the one I use at home, but I find it gets the job done in a reasonable amount of time. If I recall correctly, it doesn’t have different heat settings, but it does have different speeds (low or high).

Lol, you’re right! I read that completely wrong! Thanks :)

I have waited an hour for a bus to Pop at the end of the night on more than one occasion. In August it was outside AK, the line was huge and the buses slow to come. A previous trip it was at the close of MK, again, huge line and long wait for buses to arrive. Buses to the parks not so bad, or if leaving in the middle of the afternoon. We prefer to drive everywhere, even to MK.

I have waited an hour for a bus to Pop at the end of the night on more than one occasion. In August it was outside AK, the line was huge and the buses slow to come. A previous trip it was at the close of MK, again, huge line and long wait for buses to arrive. Buses to the parks not so bad, or if leaving in the middle of the afternoon. We prefer to drive everywhere, even to MK.
Thanks for sharing your experience. That would feel like an eternity after a long day.

I agree that my experience with 15 nights at Pop this summer was busses were very slow picking up at the parks no matter the time of day. At park close the lines were very very long with pretty long waits. For me I didn’t particularly mind because not having to deal with driving makes it worth it but if I didn’t mind driving in unfamiliar places I probably would drive to parks except MK.

Oh I should mention I just booked 2 weeks at Pop starting June 2 to get another use of our AP’s. So excited to be returning to a Pop. We really love it there. Now everyone cross your fingers that more senior coworkers don’t request the same vacation weeks. I am very very high in seniority but last summer everyone above me requested my weeks so I had to move my trip. Can’t do that this year because the passes expire June 25 and I’m not renewing.

I would be interested to know if anyone who has had to wait ‘an hour’ for a bus actually timed it on their watch? After taking hundreds of buses to and from Pop in 25+ stays there (those often 7 days or more) I have never waited an hour for a bus. Has it felt like it? Yes!!! But when I’ve actually timed it the longest have been 30-45 minutes and that’s when the lines have been long and we’ve waited 2 or 3 buses to ensure we get a seat.

I’m not saying that people don’t wait an hour at times for a bus, I just think it’s rare to wait that long and not the norm.

I would be interested to know if anyone who has had to wait ‘an hour’ for a bus actually timed it on their watch? After taking hundreds of buses to and from Pop in 25+ stays there (those often 7 days or more) I have never waited an hour for a bus. Has it felt like it? Yes!!! But when I’ve actually timed it the longest have been 30-45 minutes and that’s when the lines have been long and we’ve waited 2 or 3 buses to ensure we get a seat.

I’m not saying that people don’t wait an hour at times for a bus, I just think it’s rare to wait that long and not the norm.

I don’t recall ever waiting that long. I have had very long waits but I don’t believe that long except once at ASMu we waited that long to go to a water park (back when they had water park busses). When it finally came we said something to the driver and he tried to tell us a bus came during that time but how would I miss a bus stopping at the bus stop right in front of me? Not possible that our group would have all missed it lol. But other than that I probably haven’t waited that long. I don’t usually time it though.

I agree that my experience with 15 nights at Pop this summer was busses were very slow picking up at the parks no matter the time of day. At park close the lines were very very long with pretty long waits. For me I didn’t particularly mind because not having to deal with driving makes it worth it but if I didn’t mind driving in unfamiliar places I probably would drive to parks except MK.
It helps if you don’t leave when everyone else is leaving. Most people flock the exits right after fireworks. If I left with all of those people I would expect a long bus wait. We always browse the shops for awhile to let the bus lines thin out and the most we have ever waited for a bus at the end of the night is probably 20 minutes.

Not sure if we had ‘an hour’ wait, and we’ve only stayed at the POP once, but if it wasn’t it was close to an hour wait leaving EMH at the Magic Kingdom last year. Not sure if they were having bus issues, but at one point the entire que line was filled and bus were not coming in. They ended up bringing in Magical Express buses. We usually try to avoid leaving at EMH closings, especially at the MK, but for some reason we didn’t that night. If I remember correctly, it was because the lines at Big Thunder Mountain were only 5 to 10 minutes long and my nieces wanted to ride it over and over! Not complaining though, it was our first time ridding at night and we all wanted to take advantage of the short wait time. :thumbsup2

EDIT: Wish I hadn’t responded to this post, because after posting it I couldn’t remember my schedule for that day and it was bugging me so much I had to go back and find to my touring plan for our trip. :rotfl:While it was EMH at MK it was EMH mornings. My brothers family is visiting tomorrow, so I’m gonna have to talk with him and figure out if We rode BTMRR before, after or before and after Happily Ever After. I’m sure no one cares what it was but I needed to figure it out for my on sanity. :rotfl:

Last edited:
Really upset with some stuff, really happy some others! My room phone hasn’t worked seem we checked in. I’ve been down to reception twice and no one seen to care or to send someone to fix it.

Bus service to Disney Spring is a bust. I rather take a Lyft. Same to HS. There is NO WAY I’m walking that much before the I even get to the park. I went once to HS and I don’t intend to go back. It’s not worth it.

FYI: no problem exchanging drink for a snack during breakfast hours. I picked a cup of a pineapple instead of a drink and the cashier was ok with it.

Really upset with some stuff, really happy some others! My room phone hasn’t worked seem we checked in. I’ve been down to reception twice and no one seen to care or to send someone to fix it.

Bus service to Disney Spring is a bust. I rather take a Lyft. Same to HS. There is NO WAY I’m walking that much before the I even get to the park. I went once to HS and I don’t intend to go back. It’s not worth it.

FYI: no problem exchanging drink for a snack during breakfast hours. I picked a cup of a pineapple instead of a drink and the cashier was ok with it.
Is some of the walking by-passed if you take the minnie van?

Day 3 and we hit HS today. The bus ride over was good since we were up at at the bus pick up by 7:00. The walk from the drop off to the entrance was a little bit more of a walk then the other parks, but took less than 10 minutes but at a brisk pace. We were lucky enough not to have to wait long to head back to POP since the bus showed up about 5 minutes. Talk about luck :shamrock:

As for service at POP, we have experienced nothing but great service. Since we didn't go through the front desk, we didn't get to opt out of housekeeping. Our room hasn't been cleaned until the afternoon but we usually hit the pools and its done by the time we came back. Housekeeping even came by the room just to make sure everything was okay.

So far our first visit to POP has been great :love:

Card as in Credit Card?
Yes.:)

Or you can go to the front desk with Cash and they will give you a "Laundry card" to use-a lot of The 15s did that when we were at WDW in July.:)

All Washers and Dryers are controlled from a single "box" on the wall.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter