• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this. I don’t drink coffee, but my DD would love having better coffee. You’ve been so helpful to me today.
You are very welcome. I'm a big coffee drinker and after suffering through the provided Joffrey's pods last August I knew I'd need something better. It really is super weak coffee. We took the Wolfgang pods in May and last week and it was so much better. I've had the either the Columbian or the French roast (I can't remember which lol) and it was good. Last week I had the Noir blend and it was delicious. I will say that I really missed my flavored creamer though.

Seems like you could put the bed risers under the head of the bed rather than the foot - since the whole bed lifts up fairly easily (especially if you have 2 people doing it). Even if there is a "lip" around the edge of the bed I can bet the riser might pop out at night while you're sleeping if you put it at the foot. :scared: If you put it at the headboard then it can't go anywhere.

Of course you may have to move it for housekeeping (?) and definitely if you wanted to close the murphy bed.

Thank you! I did look at some pics online and the regular bed looks like it just has simple post style legs, but I believe it is attached to the wall. Really can't tell, but lifting the head of the murphy bed might work. Yes, I too had worried about the risers flipping out while in bed. That could be bad!

heading down to pop on 9/25 cant wait for the wine and food festival. Is there anyone going this weekend that would possibly be able to mail me one of the festival passports would love to look at one before we go. Would reimburse for the postage of course. Thanks for reading.

Gail

I have searched the boards and can't find where this has ever been asked before, but would it be possible to raise the head of the beds at POP? I have recently been plagued with sudden onset SEVERE heartburn with throat burn, and must have the head of my bed raised to help my symptoms. I am also sleeping on a wedge pillow, but require both for any relief. I even considered bringing bed risers and using them on the bottom end of the Murphy Bed and sleep with my head toward the foot end of the bed. I have yet to stay in the refurb rooms, so I'm not sure this is possible. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

My husband was dealing with server heartburn on our last trip. While not at POP, last time we were at Disney we called and requested extra pillows and he put them under the mattress to lift his head and that was enough for him.

0F0E9A38-F699-40F1-BC7F-DF9B25706787.jpeg This is my second night at Pop Century and came back to find this inmy bathtub! It looks like someone dirty took a shower in my room! Called for housekeeping and an hour later they showed up and cleaned it well. Don’t know why it looked like that and it concerns me...

View attachment 347256 This is my second night at Pop Century and came back to find this inmy bathtub! It looks like someone dirty took a shower in my room! Called for housekeeping and an hour later they showed up and cleaned it well. Don’t know why it looked like that and it concerns me...
In April we came back to the room to the sink full of murky water that smelled like bananas - apparently another sink or tub elsewhere was stopped up and it came thru into our sink - two days later we noticed sink had a ring - must have happened again but drained before we returned. Guessing they took some shortcuts on plumbing

In April we came back to the room to the sink full of murky water that smelled like bananas - apparently another sink or tub elsewhere was stopped up and it came thru into our sink - two days later we noticed sink had a ring - must have happened again but drained before we returned. Guessing they took some shortcuts on plumbing
Oh geez :sad2:

Seems like you could put the bed risers under the head of the bed rather than the foot - since the whole bed lifts up fairly easily (especially if you have 2 people doing it). Even if there is a "lip" around the edge of the bed I can bet the riser might pop out at night while you're sleeping if you put it at the foot. :scared: If you put it at the headboard then it can't go anywhere.

Of course you may have to move it for housekeeping (?) and definitely if you wanted to close the murphy bed.
I don’t think you’d have to move it. As long as you’re okay with the Murphy bed staying down, I would think they would just make the bed with your materials in it. For instance, we had our own blanket on one of our beds, and they would make the bed with that blanket. I would think it would be similar for your riser.

Reactions: GCM
View attachment 347256 This is my second night at Pop Century and came back to find this inmy bathtub! It looks like someone dirty took a shower in my room! Called for housekeeping and an hour later they showed up and cleaned it well. Don’t know why it looked like that and it concerns me...

Ugh. I'm glad they came and cleaned it for you.

To me it looks like housekeeping wiped up the floors with a towel and then either shook out the towel in the bathtub or piled all the dirty towels in the bathtub and the dirt fell out when they picked them up and they didn't bother to rinse out the tub. I know I get that kind of dirt in my tub occasionally when I'm cleaning our bathroom at home. I'll pick up the rugs/mats and throw them in the tub while I mop the floor. When I pick up the rugs/mats to carry them to the laundry room, that's the kind of "dirt" that is left in the tub. I, however, clean it out. :)

Thank you! I did look at some pics online and the regular bed looks like it just has simple post style legs, but I believe it is attached to the wall. Really can't tell, but lifting the head of the murphy bed might work. Yes, I too had worried about the risers flipping out while in bed. That could be bad!

I took pics of the bed for you but cannot post via my cell as the file is too big. The legs on the standard bed are different. At the head of the bed they are larger (about 18inches?). It is not attached to the wall. You would probably have the most success by elevating the mattress on the standard bed.

I took pics of the bed for you but cannot post via my cell as the file is too big. The legs on the standard bed are different. At the head of the bed they are larger (about 18inches?). It is not attached to the wall. You would probably have the most success by elevating the mattress on the standard bed.
When I have this issue with photos on my phone, I open the photo in my gallery and then take a screen shot, and usually that is small enough to upload here. A few extra steps, so it depends on how badly you want to post a photo :)

My husband was dealing with server heartburn on our last trip. While not at POP, last time we were at Disney we called and requested extra pillows and he put them under the mattress to lift his head and that was enough for him.
Awesome idea!!!! Thank you so much!

Thank you!!! Another poster said that her husband got extra pillows and put under the mattress to raise it up. I believe that might be the best way to raise the head of the bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter