Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! We have Pop booked for October as of now, and I was wondering if anyone knew what buildings were completed with renovations. I'd really like to get one of the renovated rooms, and I'm able to do online check-in now. :) TIA!

Hey everyone! We have Pop booked for October as of now, and I was wondering if anyone knew what buildings were completed with renovations. I'd really like to get one of the renovated rooms, and I'm able to do online check-in now. :) TIA!
I believe they started with the 1990 building and are doing the 80 then 70 and so forth

Which room category has updated rooms available now (have a stay in beginning of October) - and if multiple categories have rooms, which has the most.

Right now I have preferred pool booked, I see standard or 'regular' preferred is available now for my dates. My primary wish is for an updated room.

The 90 building is all so far. There is a thread dealing with the remodel on the resort board or you can go back a few pages on this thread.

Call and have that noted on your reservation or fax your room request about 2 to 3 days before your arrival . It's better to list remodeled room first in request

Which room category has updated rooms available now (have a stay in beginning of October) - and if multiple categories have rooms, which has the most.

Right now I have preferred pool booked, I see standard or 'regular' preferred is available now for my dates. My primary wish is for an updated room.

There are only refurbished standard rooms or standard pool views 80's/90's available at the moment. There will be no refurbished preferred pool rooms available by early October and I highly doubt there will be any refurbished preferred rooms available by then.

Last edited:
Beginning in 2012, there are four room booking categories: Standard, Standard Pool View, Preferred, and Preferred Pool View. The Pool View categories are offered in: 50s, 80s, and 90s areas (Standard Pool View); and 60s (Preferred Pool View). Preferred is available in selected areas in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and Standard is offered throughout the resort. The updated map shows the preferred; standard and preferred pool view categories based on past knowledge and approximation of the areas in which these categories will apply. Refer to Pop Century 2012 Map.

There are only refurbished standard rooms or standard pool views 80's/90's available at the moment. There will be no refurbished preferred pool rooms available by early October and I highly doubt there will be any refurbished preferred rooms available by then. They have not begun refurbishing any preferred rooms yet.

Thanks for the info!! I actually found the blurb above on the first page of this thread while you were posting.

So, I went to go change my ressie to standard based on that before I saw your response - and noticed I actually have standard pool view booked - not preferred.

If I could bug you again - am I better off with standard or standard pool view in terms of a refurbished room?

Thanks again!

Any other reports? In the dining plan forum, people reported the opposite. Swap drink for dessert at Pop, but not AoA.

We had the same experiences - no at Pop (several times,) yes at AoA. Both did three snacks for a QS though.

Also, re the ice cream - they have moved it "around the corner" into the main dining area. So assuming you get then pay.

Thanks for the info!! I actually found the blurb above on the first page of this thread while you were posting.

So, I went to go change my ressie to standard based on that before I saw your response - and noticed I actually have standard pool view booked - not preferred.

If I could bug you again - am I better off with standard or standard pool view in terms of a refurbished room?

Thanks again!

I'd choose a standard personally and make your only request refurbished.

So I've finally decided on our resorts for our split stay next June - we're going with our 2 favorites, Pop and BC! Now I just have to figure out how many nights at each. The plan is 13 nights, so it's either going to be 5 Pop/8 BC or 6 Pop/7 BC. I cannot wait to be back at Pop!

I've read that the food court opens at 7AM for breakfast but the bakery opens at 6AM? What time do they start serving coffee? We've never went for breakfast and only stopped for coffee after 7AM when we were there in the past.

SI've read that the food court opens at 7AM for breakfast but the bakery opens at 6AM? What time do they start serving coffee? We've never went for breakfast and only stopped for coffee after 7AM when we were there in the past.

I'm not positive of the exact time they start serving it in the food court but by next June coffee can start in your room as soon as you stumble to the coffee maker and flip the switch. :)

I'm not positive of the exact time they start serving it in the food court but by next June coffee can start in your room as soon as you stumble to the coffee maker and flip the switch. :)

Thanks - I hate using the coffee machines in the rooms though, even with the Joffrey's coffee. I used it a few times at BC and it came out tasting like water with just a tiny hint of coffee flavor. :sad1:

So I've finally decided on our resorts for our split stay next June - we're going with our 2 favorites, Pop and BC! Now I just have to figure out how many nights at each. The plan is 13 nights, so it's either going to be 5 Pop/8 BC or 6 Pop/7 BC. I cannot wait to be back at Pop!

I've read that the food court opens at 7AM for breakfast but the bakery opens at 6AM? What time do they start serving coffee? We've never went for breakfast and only stopped for coffee after 7AM when we were there in the past.
Coffee at 6am :goodvibes

Thanks - I hate using the coffee machines in the rooms though, even with the Joffrey's coffee. I used it a few times at BC and it came out tasting like water with just a tiny hint of coffee flavor. :sad1:
Good to know! We arrive in a little over 2 weeks and I'm hoping to get a refurbished room. Will give the coffee maker a try then run to the food court as a backup if needed. :)

We're arriving at Pop on Saturday, staying for a couple of nights before meeting up with family at a different resort. I specifically booked a standard room via Orbitz in order to request a refurbished room (plus my kids want the building with pac men), but when I got my confirmation number into MDE, 'preferred' room showed. I still faxed in a request for a room in the 80s/90s (and explained our situation). I'll also go to the front desk and just ask if I'm assigned a different area, fingers crossed!

Im just getting ready to check out of Pop after 13 days. I've stayed here many times and I still really love this place!!!! :goodvibes

Buses were quick and efficient as always and my unrefurbished room was super clean and in great shape! :)

What section were you in? Was curious if you were near any of the gondola construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter