• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there the 19-24 and we really didn't have any issues with buses. One day, it seemed like we waited a long time for a bus, but it was probably only 25 minutes or so. We watched the fireworks show at dhs and the bus line afterwards was really long, but we only had to wait for 2-3 buses and they came pretty quickly. More than once, when we were leaving the parks, we chose to wait for another bus instead of having to stand. My 3 year old was usually asleep in the stroller and we didn't want to stand holding a 3 year old. Even then, we never waited long for a 2nd bus.

Update at POP, I am here until next Monday.

Yesterday, the bus to MK took 40 minutes to show up and another 25 minutes to the park (got in line at 6) almost missed our BOG reservation. For some reason the buses to and from MK always go on the road where WWW is which is out of the way. Why not use the Hollywood exit? The light at the fourway to WWW is horrendous. You are looking at least 5-7 min wait. We decided to drive to the parks the rest of the trip, three straight days of taking almost an hour to get anywhere is not what we are wanting. We don't mind waiting but 20, 30, even 40 minutes but an hour to get there when I can jump in my car and be there in less then 15.

The bridge to AoA is still intact you can travel over there.

The Brazilian/Quincera (sp?) groups are in full force here. I had to call security once because I went to get ice a bit ago and they were all laying in the corridor playing on their phones and refuse to get up so I could get by them.

Update at POP, I am here until next Monday.

Yesterday, the bus to MK took 40 minutes to show up and another 25 minutes to the park (got in line at 6) almost missed our BOG reservation. For some reason the buses to and from MK always go on the road where WWW is which is out of the way. Why not use the Hollywood exit? The light at the fourway to WWW is horrendous. You are looking at least 5-7 min wait. We decided to drive to the parks the rest of the trip, three straight days of taking almost an hour to get anywhere is not what we are wanting. We don't mind waiting but 20, 30, even 40 minutes but an hour to get there when I can jump in my car and be there in less then 15.

The bridge to AoA is still intact you can travel over there.

The Brazilian/Quincera (sp?) groups are in full force here. I had to call security once because I went to get ice a bit ago and they were all laying in the corridor playing on their phones and refuse to get up so I could get by them.
Has the resort done anything about the group? Maybe asking to speak with hotel manager would help?

Can anyone who is there currently or who was just there confirm if they are still giving the separate bottles of the h2o brand shampoo and conditioner?

agree on lakeview 4,5,6. we stayed a few times in 4101-4400 either side and it was quite peaceful. love that its just a short walk to the main pool because its a nice feeling to get that hit in the face on your way to the food court which is again, just a short walk with plenty to watch at the main pool as you go. at the end of a night of swimming, its just a short walk back to the room. it makes for a quiet morning wakeup on the bench as well. love it.

I am SO excited. We got the only room available a week ago for a standard value resort at AS Sports. I have been checking several times a day for a summer discounted room, and last night at 10:30PM a Pop room opened up for only $10 extra a night than we had at AS Sports! We didn't get a summer discount room but some other discount that was slightly less than 10%. We are arriving July 11th!
Well anyway, we have never stayed at this resort. We are getting off the plane at 6PM and were going to go to BOMA's for dinner. If we ate at our food court instead, what cool things can we do at the resort? I know there isn't a movie that night. The lake and bridge to AOA looks awesome and I love that resort!

Last edited:
I am SO excited. We got the only room available a week ago for a standard value resort at AS Sports. I have been checking several times a day for a summer discounted room, and last night at 10:30PM a Pop room opened up for only $10 extra a night than we had at AS Sports! We didn't get a summer discount room but some other discount that was slightly less than 10%. We are arriving July 11th!
Well anyway, we have never stayed at this resort. We are getting off the plane at 6PM and were going to go to BOMA's for dinner. If we ate at our food court instead, what cool things can we do at the resort? I know there isn't a movie that night. The lake and bridge to AOA looks awesome and I love that resort!

You can rent a multi-seat surrey bike (or personal cruiser bikes) and ride around Hourglass lake. It's great!

If your kids are teens, they can do a "swim-a-round" by swimming in each of the pools. They also liked the arcade a lot. I was fine relaxing at a table near the Hippie Dippy pool with a cocktail or two from Petals, the pool side bar.

I
Luckily, for the most part, people were very polite and friendly on the busses and in the parks. My brothers family went to for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one of the days and my sister-in-law was amazed how different people were their. Made her appreciate, WDW and the people much more after that trip.

The same people go to WDW and Universal. I'm sorry they had an issue, but that can happen at Disney also. To dis those of us who go to US based on one day is not fair!

Lol, looks like my comment hit a nerve with someone. Of course the same people go to WDW and Universal and of course people can have good/bad experiences at both parks. All it takes is one or two experiences to form a good, or bad, experience and at least this trip it didn't give them a good experience at Universal. If I remember correctly, most of the issue they experienced were in the locker room areas which they said were hot and crowded. I've never been to Universal so I personally can't comment on how the park is or how the people are. Honestly I didn't think I was, or didn't mean to "taking a shot" at Universal as much as commenting on how it made them appreciate the people at WDW, at least for this trip.

In reading and watching this thread, quick question: are there only stairs in the units? I ask because my mother in law walks with a cane and stairs are hard for her. Should I call ahead and ask for a ground floor unit?

In reading and watching this thread, quick question: are there only stairs in the units? I ask because my mother in law walks with a cane and stairs are hard for her. Should I call ahead and ask for a ground floor unit?

All buildings at Pop have elevators in the center of the 'T'. You will be able to access any floor assigned.

One thing I would keep in mind is how far you want to be from the elevator. If you are at the end of the building closest to transportation and dining but then have to walks all the way tot he middle of the building to get tot he elevator and then back again, it can add up. Try for a room near the middle of the T.

Thank you so much! Last time we went, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. My husband thought his mom would like Pop Century's theme. This will be her very first trip at age 69.

Same reason we are thining POP, we are taking my mom for her first trip, she will be 62 but with COPD needs the elevator also.

Ok, question: if anyone is in the refurbished rooms can you tell me the hook ups on the TV. Is there an HDMI, USB port? I am planning to bring my Roku with me and want to know if there is a port for me to hook into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter