• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to understand Disney bus system but I'm an obsessive planner and most of everything that I have read had been somewhat subjective in nature.
Background: Single parent will be bringing two children who have moderate and severe special needs. Both use a mobility device part-time. For Disney: it will be one of those double jogging strollers. Rope Drop/Back for Afternoon nap/Return for Fireworks.
We are looking at a late April/post Easter/extreme end of Spring break trip for 14 days.
What does the Pop/Park buses actually look like wait wise? I'm not opposed to Uber. I just need to prepare. I'm not going to lie, at the end of the day coming back from the park is going to be the most challenging part of the day although my sister says that when she stayed at All Star Sports in 2015 the bus allowed disabled kids in strollers to board through the ramp/lift in the back (it would be nice but I'm not holding my breath) so the parents could get them on safer.
In my mind:
Fantastic experience=Walked right on almost all buses/always had seats
Great experience=5 min wait for majority of buses/only had to stand on a handful of buses
Good experience=5-15 min wait for majority of buses (rare wait up to 30 mins)/standing room only buses some days
Fair experience=20 min wait for all buses (waits of 30-60 mins at Park open and close)/ 50% of buses standing/Would consider Uber at Busy times
Poor experience= Greater than 20 min wait for all buses (60+ min wait at park open and close)/ Most buses standing/ Would consider Uber most of the time
Bad experience= ~60 min wait best case scenario for a bus (Quicker to walk at park open and close)/Never saw a seat/Buy stock in Uber/Rent a car

Objetively, what are we likely going to see with buses?

We stayed at pop last year arriving labor day and stay the week. Arguably one of the least crowded times of year. I would rate the buses poor. There is a handicap line so those who need can get loaded on first. They won't let you keep your kids in strollers normally, not sure if they will make an exception. We had really long bus waits. I even got a text one day from someone at Disney apologizing. I have no idea how they even got my information, my only guess was magic band tracking. There's a limited number of seats and if you're not one of the first to get on you'll have to stand and your kids will have to stand or you'll have to hold them...On a sardine packed moving bus for 20 mins. We had several occasions we just let people pass us and waited for next bus so we could sit. We are going back in December this year and taking our car. I suggest you use uber.

Thanks, this gives me hope and I'm ready to pull that trigger! :)
Yes, it's worth checking, and checking multiple times per day. When I'm watching for a specific resort to open up, I'm checking first thing in the morning (online, just before and after 7:00am), around lunchtime (for people who are canceling on their lunch hour) and in the evening (sometimes twice - once when I first get home, and again before going to bed). I have never failed in getting the resort I want, but sometimes it seems like it has taken FOREVER for something to open up. I would book at a resort that you are OK with, but keep checking for Pop in the meantime. Oh, and be prepared to pull the trigger the instant you see Pop available. Don't even take the few seconds to think about it, or celebrate your good fortune. You want to grab it immediately! Good luck!

When staying in the 90's section, is it easy to cross the parking lot to get to the busses and classic hall. This looks like the shortest route.

We found it very easy to walk through the parking lot when we were in the 90's section. The parking lot wasn't busy at all and even though we walked through that parking lot 2-4 times a day on a 7-day stay, we only saw moving cars a handful of times. It wasn't like a mall/walmart parking lot where there is a constant flow of traffic through the lot. I will mention that our kids were ages 6.5, 11, & 13 at the time. If they were toddlers/pre-schoolers, I probably would have stuck to the sidewalk because it would have been easier since we always had the "hold a hand in a parking lot" rule.

Thank you, bluezy. I have 4 rooms reserved and would like to request the 90's section to try to get renovated rooms. I know that won't be guaranteed . We always stay in the 50's because my daughter said the 90's seems so far away from Classic Hall.

Just booked Pop for FD! 1st time at this resort. Any recommendations for where to request a standard room to minimize walking distance to food court/bus?

Just booked Pop for FD! 1st time at this resort. Any recommendations for where to request a standard room to minimize walking distance to food court/bus?

50's / Close to Transportation

Last two trips we actually got upgraded to Preferred and our walk was very short. Even if we still got Standard I would have been fine.

We loved our lake view rooms in Bldg. 4 of the 60's section (building 5 lake view would be the same). Our rooms were right by the elevators so it was a very quick walk to the food court and bus stops. And we had a great view to boot. The extra advantage to that location now is that it's right by the bridge to AoA making it convenient to walk over there for meals or to take a bus back to AoA and walk to Pop.

We loved our lake view rooms in Bldg. 4 of the 60's section (building 5 lake view would be the same). Our rooms were right by the elevators so it was a very quick walk to the food court and bus stops. And we had a great view to boot. The extra advantage to that location now is that it's right by the bridge to AoA making it convenient to walk over there for meals or to take a bus back to AoA and walk to Pop.
Very interested in the lake view rooms!

Hi everyone. Room request question!

We have booked a standard room. I have looked at the map etc and I think I would like to request the 60s section with a lake view. This looks about as perfect for a standard view as I can imagine since we'd be close to the bridge to A of A and it would be relatively quiet.

My concern is that they might try to upgrade us because of a celebration on our account. While I would happily accept a preferred view, I would definitely *not* want a preferred pool view.

Any thoughts on what I should request? Should I just request 60's, lake view and hope for the best?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Room request question!

We have booked a standard room. I have looked at the map etc and I think I would like to request the 60s section with a lake view. This looks about as perfect for a standard view as I can imagine since we'd be close to the bridge to A of A and it would be relatively quiet.

My concern is that they might try to upgrade us because of a celebration on our account. While I would happily accept a preferred view, I would definitely *not* want a preferred pool view.

Any thoughts on what I should request? Should I just request 60's, lake view and hope for the best?

Thanks!

Just request what you want. I don't think you need to worry about an upgrade. Upgrades are usually offered as some kind of overbooking or to benefit the resort in some way, not due to a celebration on your account.

And FWIW, there are no preferred views, just preferred rooms which may be closer to the foodcourt/bus transportation area than some standard rooms.

Just changed our ressie from CSR to Pop. For the first time ever I wasn't able to apply a discount to an existing reservation. Was going to hold out and see if something would open up but decided to switch to Pop and save lots of money--lol! Booked standard room with a RO discount, and requested lake view room, 60's. This will be our first time at Pop and really looking forward to it. We'll be there 9/20- 10/6!

Can someone refresh my memory. I can't remember if the rooms have alarm clocks.

Wow, I honestly can't recall. I just used the wake-up call service and my smartphone's alarms.

I feel like there is a clock on the nightstand next to the phone though? It's amazing I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter