Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I was at Pop two years ago and for the life of me can't figure out which is the Hippy Dippy pool. I am assuming it's the main one we spent most of our time at behind the main hall? I just recently realized there was so much of the resort that we didn't see. I didn't know there was a lake or a playground or a computer pool. I did see the bowling pin pool. We are going back at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Will the Hippy Dippy pool still be closed? I booked a preferred room, but we would love a lake view. Is there a specific building I should request? Thanks so much!
Yes,Hippy Dippy is directly "behind" Classic Hall.:)

I haven't seen an estimate of how long Hippy Dippy will be closed.

None of the Preferred Rooms have Lake Views.

I would see if you could change to a Standard Roomand and request 1950s/Lake View(specifically Room 3434).:)

Edit: Okay, solution found! :)

Help, all!

My brother and his family (wife, DD6 and DD2) are just about to board a plane for a Thanksgiving week WDW trip, staying at Pop Century. (My parents are already there and, as proof of what kind of an organized family we are... I will be there 12/4-12/7 without them. Ha.)

My niece, the 6 year old, has her first EVER loose tooth and my brother said he's positive she's going to lose it this week, on property. Does Disney, specifically Pop, do anything (for a fee or not) for kids who lose their first tooth while there? Is there someone he could talk to, in order to make something happen? I did a quick search of the boards and there wasn't anything recent and nothing at Pop.

They're NOT expecting anything free, but if there's something that can be done, I'd love any information. Should he just go to concierge and see what can be done?

(I'm not sure how *I* got tasked with getting him an answer, but, oh the life of the big sister!)

(and YAY 13 days for me!!!)

Don't know if this is too late for you to use but on one of our trips my dd lost her tooth while we were eating dinner one night at MK. She was worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't find us since we were staying in a hotel (pop century). We immediately went and saw Tinker Belle, who was so wonderful! Tink informed my daughter that she knew the tooth fairy and that she would personally make sure the tooth fairy got the message about where we were staying. That night after we got back to the hotel, the kids went to bed and I headed to the gift shop. I bought a pack of mickey mouse chocolate coins and put them under dd's pillow along with a real coin.

OMG the excitement the next morning! It was pretty awesome and still one of our favorite memories from WDW. I did not ask the hotel if they did anything, the chocolate coins weren't expensive at all and having a whole handful along with the real money was special enough for my dd. Also way cheaper than Disney floral!

So just booked rooms for some family members who are going for 11/5/17 to 11/11/17. Each time when selecting what type of room I wanted (preferred), the preferred pool view was not an available option, just said no rooms available. I wonder if that will change when the hippy dippy pool is complete or if they really expect the pool refurb to last that long?

I will be monitoring the situation and may change resorts if that pool isn't going to be open. The family members will have 5 very small children and were planning on spending a day or two at the pool and will need the kiddie splash area open.

We aren't really travelers and I am not sure about tipping. Who do we tip and what is the "going" rates? Thanks! It will be my family of 5 and my Inlaws in two rooms. We requested connecting.

We leave $5.00 for the housekeeper everyday but like WEDWDW says there's no rule or anything.

Hi all. I was at Pop two years ago and for the life of me can't figure out which is the Hippy Dippy pool. I am assuming it's the main one we spent most of our time at behind the main hall? I just recently realized there was so much of the resort that we didn't see. I didn't know there was a lake or a playground or a computer pool. I did see the bowling pin pool. We are going back at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Will the Hippy Dippy pool still be closed? I booked a preferred room, but we would love a lake view. Is there a specific building I should request? Thanks so much!

Hippy dippy is the main pool. Oops just saw this was already answered so you are all set.

I'll be checking into Pop tomorrow night!!!!:jumping3:

Checking in today! So excited!!! My first time staying at Pop and I'm looking forward to trying a value resort to see if it will work for my family for future trips. Any recommendations for food at Everything Pop!?

Checking in today! So excited!!! My first time staying at Pop and I'm looking forward to trying a value resort to see if it will work for my family for future trips. Any recommendations for food at Everything Pop!?
We weren't really super wowed by anything we ate at Everything Pop but nothing was bad per se. Only breakfast we've tried was the Bounty Platter and it wasn't great but did the job of filling our bellies. The Salmon meal was decent and we have enjoyed the chicken pot pie. The chicken parm was something I regret ordering as it was not even halfway decent. I'm not a picky eater but I only took 2 bites of the chicken and ate the bland pasta, it was just bad.

Make sure to head on over to AoA and try Landscape of Flavors! I liked it more than Everything Pop and you get real utensils! A small thing, but I thought it made a big difference.

Have a great vacation!

Make sure to head on over to AoA and try Landscapes of Flavors! I liked it more than Everything Pop and you get real utensils! A small thing, but I thought it made a big difference.

Have a great vacation!
yes! We really liked AoA food better. DS loved their bacon cheeseburger and I really enjoyed the build your own pasta

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know the exact dates for pool closures? I've now gotten two letters, one about the Computer Pool, and one about the Hippy Dippy.

I wouldn't care so much, except I'm coming to do the Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, half marathon, full marathon, otherwise known as the "you're an idiot challenge" :scared:) and I'm going to be spending a lot of time hanging out at the resort resting, so it would be nice if the main pool was open. It's probably too late to affordablly switch resorts, but I'm still holding out hope the main pool will be open for my stay! I wish they'd just release the actual dates!

Saw they were doing a "hard goods" refurbishment starting October 16; the refurbishment will run through 2017. What is a hard good refub and any word on progress?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know the exact dates for pool closures? I've now gotten two letters, one about the Computer Pool, and one about the Hippy Dippy.

I wouldn't care so much, except I'm coming to do the Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, half marathon, full marathon, otherwise known as the "you're an idiot challenge" :scared:) and I'm going to be spending a lot of time hanging out at the resort resting, so it would be nice if the main pool was open. It's probably too late to affordablly switch resorts, but I'm still holding out hope the main pool will be open for my stay! I wish they'd just release the actual dates!

I got a letter yesterday saying Hippy Dippy Pool is closed for my dates (12/13-12/15). Nothing about Computer pool.

My family loved the chicken fried chicken with eggs for breakfast and the Reuben burger for dinner. Messy but yummy!

I just did online check in and requested 50's lakeview. Do I still need to fax a request as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter