Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the shampoo is some combination shampoo/conditioner all in one. I bring my own (I use Wen though, which is not shampoo at all). You can always get extras from a maid, or ask for extra with a note in your room - they are replenished daily.

The hairdryer is great. They were removing all the wall mounted ones (that suck) and it's a decent one. This coming from someone who has brought mine from home on many trips! Nice to not bring one.

I don't recall body wash. I bring my own soap (I use Dove unscented and Dial as well).

I forget about the plug locations.

I think the shampoo is some combination shampoo/conditioner all in one. I bring my own (I use Wen though, which is not shampoo at all). You can always get extras from a maid, or ask for extra with a note in your room - they are replenished daily.

The hairdryer is great. They were removing all the wall mounted ones (that suck) and it's a decent one. This coming from someone who has brought mine from home on many trips! Nice to not bring one.

I don't recall body wash. I bring my own soap (I use Dove unscented and Dial as well).

I forget about the plug locations.
Thanks for the response. You were so quick, and answered while I was editing my post. I'm following two resort threads and I meant for the question to go in the other one. But hopefully this will help someone else :).

Thanks for the response. You were so quick, and answered while I was editing my post. I'm following two resort threads and I meant for the question to go in the other one. But hopefully this will help someone else :).
My April trip, mousekeeping kept me heavy in soap/shampoo and whatnot. Yes, it is a combination shampoo/conditioner, but contrary to what you might have heard, it is actually really good. H2O brand stuff with Disney touches to it.
My mousekeeper obviously knew I wanted stuff and would give me 3-4 of each every single day. I took a ton home. I never asked or left a note asking for more. They got a good tip :)

Would you recommend changing from All Star Movies to Pop Century? I would even have a small refund due to an offer... thanks!
Absolutely!! If for no other reason than the bus service is not shared with any other resort like at the All Stars. It's a no-brainer if you are going to get money back. I've stayed at all of the value resorts and Pop is my favorite.

Last edited:

Absolutely!! If for no other reason than the bus service is not shared with any other resort like at the All Stars. It's a no-brainer if you are going to get money back. I've stayed at all of the value resorts and Pop is my favorite.
Completely agree! IMO Pop is the best value resort and we have never had issues with buses. We stayed at POR once where the bus had several pickup locations and sometimes the bus was already full by the time it got to us.

Would you recommend changing from All Star Movies to Pop Century? I would even have a small refund due to an offer... thanks!

I've not stayed at either yet, but I would absolutely change even if only for the resort specific bus and the refund.

You're asking on the Pop thread. We're all going to say yes. :)
Ask on the Movie thread and see what your answer is. :rolleyes:
Actually, i don't really like pop that much! :P it was just the cheapest for free dining. My general rule of thumb is to pick a category, value or moderate and book the cheapest standard room. (That doesn't really work for deluxe though because there are more wide spread differences)

I've stayed at both and I wouldn't hesitate to switch. In fact, I wouldn't even bother to book ASMo in the first place (even if it was cheaper). I'd take Pop any day over Movies.

Thank you all for your wise advice! I decided to switch! Besides, I wanted to stay at AOA but was over my budget...now at least I can have a look at my favourite classic movie Resort Lion King ;)

And you can walk over to AoA for the food court. Also if the bus for AoA comes first at the parks, I would take that and then have a leisurely walk back to Pop. I love that staying at Pop, you can walk over to another resort (just can't use the pools :()

Thank you all for your wise advice! I decided to switch! Besides, I wanted to stay at AOA but was over my budget...now at least I can have a look at my favourite classic movie Resort Lion King ;)
Wise choice! I plan on walking over to AoA to sightsee and eat too.

To quote a famous song, "get your kicks on Route 66." I'm 66 days from going home to POP Century. My booking includes a "preferred" room. I'm thinking of asking for one facing the pool and up high. Noise doesn't bother me.
Question: How long is breakfast served? 10:30 am? 11am?
Thanks

And you can walk over to AoA for the food court. Also if the bus for AoA comes first at the parks, I would take that and then have a leisurely walk back to Pop. I love that staying at Pop, you can walk over to another resort (just can't use the pools :()

Wise choice! I plan on walking over to AoA to sightsee and eat too.

I always recommend taking the bus back to the other resort at least one evening during a stay at either AoA or Pop. The walk across the bridge is quite lovely and the theming at AoA is especially beautiful at night. I absolutely love walking through the Cars area when it's all lit up. And if you're so inclined, I highly recommend grabbing an (overpriced) adult beverage at the pool bar to sip on while you're walking around. My favorite beverage from my recent trip is the Black Cherry Lemonade. Yummmm!!!!

In just 2 short weeks I'll be at POP. Anybody else that's stayed in July . . . is it crazy crowded at POP? And are there lots of tour groups? I read some things on another thread that started to make me nervous, not that I'm going to change my plans now. Just looking for what to expect.

I am 55 days away from my trip at Pop, and I am wondering if I should do online check in. When I made my original reservation, we asked for three rooms for our group of seven. We wanted 2 of those rooms connecting, and one nearby. If I do online check in, will my chances of getting connecting rooms get looked at first, before the additional ones mentioned on the online form? Also we need a parking pass, and I ready that if we need one of those, we should forego online check in. I have stayed at Pop before, but my last two trips were solo, and I was not driving. I did online check in, but it really didn't help much from what I requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter