Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my first post but we just got back from Pop yesterday and I wanted to share. We stayed 5/3-5/10 and had a lovely time! Buses were great, never waited longer than 20 minutes and that was for the Disney Springs bus in the evening. Food court was crowded during peak times but the CM's were great, food was decent, coffee was just ok. We booked a preferred room and we used touring plans room request fax and got the exact room we wanted, 5409. You could see the DHS fireworks from just outside our room and we were far enough away from the pool so noise wasn't an issue. We got a box fan from Mousekeeping which helped drown out the noise too. Speaking of Mousekeeping, every day we came back to find our children's toys arranged doing cute things and it was one of their favorite parts of the trip. The beds are pretty small so my husband and I split up with a kid in with each of us and that worked out fine. The kids had a blast playing in the pool, the arcade and just running around looking at all the statues. Our next trip the kids will be much older so we'll probably have to upgrade but otherwise we would stay there again and will definitely recommend to others.

So happy you had a great trip, Jackie417!

We learned our lesson last trip with Magical Express back to the airport. We were actually leaving from AKL Kidani (but stayed at Pop first 2 nights). Got picked up on time, then went to AOA. And waited. And waited. And then when we finally got going, it was over an hour since we had been picked up! We felt totally rushed to get to the airport. I realized next time, we will use an Uber back to the airport!

I would rather sit and sip a glass of wine and have a sandwich than stress about getting to the airport on time. The security line was long, as it was spring/Easter break. Matter of fact, when we arrived, I noticed how long the security line was for folks departing, and I have never seen it so bad even over Christmas and other Easter trips at MCO. It is crazy!

So, next trip, yeah we'll use ME to get to Pop (booked last week of August for DD and me). But, we'll do Uber back and not stress! The departing video makes me sad anyway!

For the Magic Express ride back to MCO I always ask to get on an earlier bus. I would rather wait at the airport than be stressed I will not make the flight!
We have always had plenty of time back at the airport. In fact we usually find we could probably leave even later and still easily make it. I will knock on wood as probably this time will get backed up.

Hi guys!! Only 11 days until my trip! :) So as far as I've read, the bus boards are still not working? Also, Does anyone know that for early BOG reservations before the park opens, are Photopass photographers in the parks? Thank you!!

Hi guys!! Only 11 days until my trip! :) So as far as I've read, the bus boards are still not working? Also, Does anyone know that for early BOG reservations before the park opens, are Photopass photographers in the parks? Thank you!!

We have always seen at least 1.

No roll-aways available. You would have to bring/ship an air mattress.
No roll-aways? Really? My First time staying at POP so don't know - but I stayed at AoA in August and they had them. Odd that ANY of the resorts wouldn't offer roll-away beds? I know they are limited but should be available? (just sayin :lovestruc)

No roll-aways? Really? My First time staying at POP so don't know - but I stayed at AoA in August and they had them. Odd that ANY of the resorts wouldn't offer roll-away beds? I know they are limited but should be available? (just sayin :lovestruc)

I have seen people post that they've gotten a roll-away bed at Pop and I've seen one in a room when we walked by (curtains were open). But I do think they are very limited and there's no guarantee that one will be available. So if sharing a bed is going to ruin a trip, I'd bring (or ship) an air mattress.

Need a bit of clarification please. We have a Garden Grocer delivery that may arrive before we check in. Where do I go to pick up the package or can I wait until I am in my room and have it delivered to our room? If we can have it delivered to the room, do I call Bell Services on the room phone?

We had stayed at a timeshare for 8 trips. About 2 years ago, after a divorce, my son and I made a trip "home" and stayed on site for first time. This thread made us pick POP. We went back last June and back to POP. It is such an amazing time to pull up and just fell right.

I am saying that as we are taking a year off and it just does not feel right to not be getting ready to go "home". I had to come and look around. Today on the way to school my son and I were talking about our next trip. I asked if he wanted to look around the next few months at another resort. He asked if I ways crazy.....because he wants to go "home" again. He wants to be back in the 50's with our preferred room. Thanks to this thread I don't feel so bad right now....LOL.

They used to have a couple of them. A coworker of mine just returned Monday and said they tried to get one but housekeeping and the CM at the Concierge Desk said they no longer have them available.

Need a bit of clarification please. We have a Garden Grocer delivery that may arrive before we check in. Where do I go to pick up the package?

Bell/Luggage Services.

or can I wait until I am in my room and have it delivered to our room?

Yes, you can do that if you want.

If we can have it delivered to the room, do I call Bell Services on the room phone?

Yes. I do believe the button on the phone is marked Luggage Services.

Hi Lisa! :wave2:

I have seen people post that they've gotten a roll-away bed at Pop and I've seen one in a room when we walked by (curtains were open). But I do think they are very limited and there's no guarantee that one will be available. So if sharing a bed is going to ruin a trip, I'd bring (or ship) an air mattress.
Sharing a bed is definitely not going to ruin a trip! I mean we are talking Disney here. Thanks for the info on the roll-a-way beds :)

Do you think we will have trouble getting a pack and play at the end of August? Our TA put in a request when we booked and we will definitely need the pack and play. Also, are the chances good of getting a connecting room if it is requested? We are traveling with another family and would like to be connecting. Thanks!

This just occurred to me, and I don't remember reading about it, but is there an iron/ironing board in the rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter