Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see Sports people are also reporting the food court (not beverage refill island) shutting down at 11pm except Is that happening at Pop?

No.

POP and the All-Stars don't always do things EXACTLY the same.

For example,POP now has the "Hair Dryers In A Bag" and the All-Stars haven't shown any signs of moving away from the "wall-mounts".

The All-Stars' arcades are now open 24/7 while POP's arcade is 7:00 AM-2:00 AM.

The "feature" Pools at the All-Stars are currently open 10:00 AM-11:00 PM while the "secondary" Pools are open Noon-11:00 PM.

POP's 3 Pools are currently all open 9:00 AM-10:00 PM.

So,what happens at the All-Stars won't necessarily happen at POP and vice-versa.:)

Hoping to be here again in early 2017. So, if you could pick any room that describes these perimeters, which one would you pick? A specific room number would be awesome! I'm looking at the room views on Touring Plans and trying to figure out the best room...

Ground floor (even 2nd floor is ok, no higher though), Closest room to Food Court and bus transportation (most important really). Can walk through food court if that is faster also. Not worried about noise. Preferred, standard, preferred pool view is all fine.

Thanks!

Hi folks. I am planning to call in a reservation today for a standard room. There will be me, hubby and my 10 yr old daughter. We are driving and will be using our car for transportation while there. Which building would be best to request for my reservation? I am looking at the map and cannot decide. I was told to ask for 60's bldg. but it seems far away from the parking lot. We want a building that would not be too far away from the parking lot for easy access. I know this has probably been discussed in this thread but I plan I won't have to time read all of the posts today. Thank you for any advice.

Hi folks. I am planning to call in a reservation today for a standard room. There will be me, hubby and my 10 yr old daughter. We are driving and will be using our car for transportation while there. Which building would be best to request for my reservation? I am looking at the map and cannot decide. I was told to ask for 60's bldg. but it seems far away from the parking lot. We want a building that would not be too far away from the parking lot for easy access. I know this has probably been discussed in this thread but I plan I won't have to time read all of the posts today. Thank you for any advice.

If easy access to the parking lot was my top priority when booking a standard room, I would probably ask for either 90's or 50's and I would add "close to parking lot" as my only request on the reservation. The standard rooms in the 90's section and some in the 50's are right next to the parking lot.

Hoping to be here again in early 2017. So, if you could pick any room that describes these perimeters, which one would you pick? A specific room number would be awesome! I'm looking at the room views on Touring Plans and trying to figure out the best room...

Ground floor (even 2nd floor is ok, no higher though), Closest room to Food Court and bus transportation (most important really). Can walk through food court if that is faster also. Not worried about noise. Preferred, standard, preferred pool view is all fine.

Thanks!

Ground floor + closest to food court + closest to buses + any room type = preferred pool room in the 60's, which would be either building 4 or building 5, room numbers 4101-4112 (closest to food/bus) or 5161 (closest)-5172

When we checked in we asked for a room close to parking, and were assigned a lake view first floor room in 50's. It worked out great, wonderful location. But I wouldn't say it was all that close, a very easy flat walk but it was a distance. Pop is a very large resort, and many rooms are a long way from parking.

We usually get a preferred pool view room and request the Hippy Dippy pool and love it!!!! Unfortunately there are only preferred rooms available this time. How would I request a room overlooking the baby splash pool?

Just got back from a quick one night stay at pop and I had a great stay but when I went to transfer my luggage to all star sports I had a problem with pop luggage assistance. I was Told that around 11 they would start transferring luggage so I figured I would wait until 3. Then I called down to all stars and they said nothing yet so i went and got dinner and came back at six. I went to the desk at all star and was told still nothing so they called pop. Of course my luggage was still there! At this point it's 6pm. They said give them an hour and it took 2.5 hours. I was not pleased and went to the front desk to make sure they called pop and found out what the problem was. I have used this service before and never have needed to wait until 8:30pm. I love pop and always stay there. I guess I won't be using the transfer service in the future.

Hello, we are thinking of changing our trip dates from the third week in August to the third week in October. The potential heat, humidity and rain in August is really scaring me.

My questions: Has anyone gone the third week of October, and what has been your experience? Also, is there a history of large groups at Disney or Pop in October?

Just got back from a quick one night stay at pop and I had a great stay but when I went to transfer my luggage to all star sports I had a problem with pop luggage assistance. I was Told that around 11 they would start transferring luggage so I figured I would wait until 3. Then I called down to all stars and they said nothing yet so i went and got dinner and came back at six. I went to the desk at all star and was told still nothing so they called pop. Of course my luggage was still there! At this point it's 6pm. They said give them an hour and it took 2.5 hours. I was not pleased and went to the front desk to make sure they called pop and found out what the problem was. I have used this service before and never have needed to wait until 8:30pm. I love pop and always stay there. I guess I won't be using the transfer service in the future.

I'm sorry it took so long!

Last trip we moved from Pop to AKV so took our luggage over with us and used Uber.

Hello, we are thinking of changing our trip dates from the third week in August to the third week in October. The potential heat, humidity and rain in August is really scaring me.

My questions: Has anyone gone the third week of October, and what has been your experience? Also, is there a history of large groups at Disney or Pop in October?

We were married at WDW the 3rd week of October in 2014, and had gorgeous weather the entire two weeks we were there (arrived on 10/16 and left on 10/30). It only rained at night. I realize that we were probably just very lucky. As far as crowds, most are there in the earlier part of the month due to Columbus Day/Fall breaks. Crowds at Epcot as expected were busier on the weekends due to F&W, so we went to Epcot on weekdays. October is our favorite month to visit!

187 pages :( - does anyone know where I can find the map of the resort which shows where the room categories are located/highlighted?

187 pages :( - does anyone know where I can find the map of the resort which shows where the room categories are located/highlighted?

It's on the first page, here's the map:

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Thanks!

We wanted the same kind of location in Dec., and got 60s Building 5 at the end closest to the food court near the yo-yo stairs, and it was perfect. It was a preferred room, 5452, but we asked for top floor, for quiet, so not exactly what you wanted, but location was great - quick walk past the pool, and right into the food court, which was great for refillable mugs, and then through to the bus stop. Definitely worth paying a little extra for preferred here.

We're staying at POP for the first time in December and I just found out today our dates overlap with POP Warner. Now I'm worried about noise and lines/crowds. Should I think about booking elsewhere? We're booked in a preferred pool view, if that matters.
We were there is past December at the start of PW. It was a last minute trip and the only value room available for us was at POP. Turned out that the little PW kids were at POP. The only signs we saw of them were at breakfast in the food court and cars in the parking lot with team logos. I asked at check in if the PW kids were in any certain area (and could I have a room in a different area pls) but I was told that they were all over the place.

If this year is the same it won't be a problem. The kids we saw last year were probably under age 10 so most would not be out and about on their own and certainly not up making noise late at night. The way it was explained to me was that the first weekend when it starts is busy and then as teams are eliminated they go home so by Tues/Wed it's considerably quieter.

Most of the negative things I've read about PW is about the older kids and the parents of the older kids. Although I think some of that negativity is based on things like kids just being rude and oblivious to others around them. Which is just a teenager thing period.

Ground floor + closest to food court + closest to buses + any room type = preferred pool room in the 60's, which would be either building 4 or building 5, room numbers 4101-4112 (closest to food/bus) or 5161 (closest)-5172
I agree but will also say that any of the preferred rooms would be literally a few steps farther away than a preferred pool view. Maybe the furthest preferred room would be an additional 1-2 minute walk from the bus as a preferred pool view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter