Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping a few frequent POP visitors can assist me with a next year question :) I've stayed at POP many times with my family and for the life of me can't remember if we stayed at POP when we visited in April one year. For those that have been at POP at the end of April when they have the cheerleading competitions, do they indeed stay at POP as well as some of the other values? I believe I read they also stay at CBR but I'm not positive. We plan to stay there for two nights at the end of April next year and I know the cheerleading competitions will be going on at the same time. We were there in 4/2010 I think and yes they were loud and noticeable in the parks but didn't feel they were "obnoxious" in any way - just kids having fun. With that said since my step dad will be driving us down and I'd prefer we get some rest and have read they can be loud at POP.

Has anyone experienced this at the end of April and at POP? We can bump up to POFQ but since this is my niece's first trip (albeit quick since we are taking her on the Dream) I thought POP would be the most fun for everyone.

Thanks for anything you can share :)
Heather
Cheer and Dance Worlds is scheduled to stay at the All-Stars and Coronado.:)
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Worlds/docs/USASF_2016_Worlds_Cheer_Reg-Info.pdf

The Summit is scheduled for the All-Stars,POP and Caribbean Beach.:)
http://n1media1.files1.jamspiritsites.com/46429/1848275413563116a320b7c.pdf

But really you won't even know they are there.;):)
16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this question was asked but don't have time to read 170 pages.

How many power outlets does the room have? All 4 of us will have phones and probably need to charge the phones everynight after we come back from the park. Do I need to bring power strip or is there at least 4 phone outlets?
Thank you
There is an outlet under the table, one at the sink, one beside the bed nearest the bathroom and if you pull out the nightstand you can plug in there are well.

Personally, with four people needing to plug in I would bring a power bar and have everything sitting on the table....neat and tidy.

Cheer and Dance Worlds is scheduled to stay at the All-Stars and Coronado.:)
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Worlds/docs/USASF_2016_Worlds_Cheer_Reg-Info.pdf

The Summit is scheduled for the All-Stars,POP and Caribbean Beach.:)
http://n1media1.files1.jamspiritsites.com/46429/1848275413563116a320b7c.pdf

But really you won't even know they are there.;):)
16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

HA HA - your response made me laugh :) But in all seriousness that's the info I needed and had remembered reading/hearing. I'd expect 2017 should be similar but understand it could change but feels like POFQ might be a safer option depending on what they might choose.

Thanks again - I appreciate the response :)
Heather

Sorry if this question was asked but don't have time to read 170 pages.

How many power outlets does the room have? All 4 of us will have phones and probably need to charge the phones everynight after we come back from the park. Do I need to bring power strip or is there at least 4 phone outlets?
Thank you

There have been threads on other message boards that indicate Disney has been taking the alarm clocks out of the rooms and replacing them with charging stations/power blocks. The station includes 2 standard outlets and 4 USB ports. It seems to be a gradual changeover so I don't know if the clocks at Pop have been replaced yet. That being said, we always take a travel power strip or two (small ones -- 3 outlets each) and 2 USB charging strips (4 USB ports each) with us when we travel because between all of our cellphones, tablets, iPod touch, portable chargers for the phones, etc. that need to be charged, there never seems to be enough outlets for us in any hotel (not just at Disney).

In the food court, how many slices do you get in a large pizza (17.99 one.) That seems like a good value so I'm sure it's small, right?
This is a picture from the pizza we got on our May 15 trip at POR I'm sure they are about the same size at POP. It fed me, DH and DD2(almost 3) two times. It wasn't bad at all. DH would rate it at about Costco Pizza in quality and size.

20150512_140902_zps6kq6ypco.jpg

There is an outlet under the table, one at the sink, one beside the bed nearest the bathroom and if you pull out the nightstand you can plug in there are well.

Personally, with four people needing to plug in I would bring a power bar and have everything sitting on the table....neat and tidy.

There is one on the wall next to the bed nearest the door as well.

There have been threads on other message boards that indicate Disney has been taking the alarm clocks out of the rooms and replacing them with charging stations/power blocks. The station includes 2 standard outlets and 4 USB ports. It seems to be a gradual changeover so I don't know if the clocks at Pop have been replaced yet. That being said, we always take a travel power strip or two (small ones -- 3 outlets each) and 2 USB charging strips (4 USB ports each) with us when we travel because between all of our cellphones, tablets, iPod touch, portable chargers for the phones, etc. that need to be charged, there never seems to be enough outlets for us in any hotel (not just at Disney).
Okay, currently at POP and have been in 2 different rooms as we needed to change locations. Neither room had sn alarm clock. They are available by request from housekeeping. Neither room had any type of charging device....just the alarm clock was gone with nothing replacing it.

Thanks, I look forward to your report. When I shipped to All Star Sports, they also had to "find" it. I had done 2 day UPS, so it had been signed for and received. Well, long story short, the same day I was flying down to checkin, the All Star off site package warehouse mistakenly put my package back out for UPS to return to us at our house. So we got it when we got back home, I had to call a neighbor to take it! Nightmare! It had medical stuff my Mom needed.
I had shipped to Pop two times with no problems, but I think their packages stay at Pop, and not miles away like the All Stars.
So, I ended up shipping 2 pkgs to myself here at POP. One beat me and when I checked in, it was noted so that the CM checking me in saw that I had a pkg here. I didn't even have to give them the tracking number like I did at ASMovies!!! The second pkg arrived a day later and they automatically delivered it to my room when it arrived!! They are SO much better with pkgs than the All Stars!! HTH

Anyone know if cherry coke is available at the beverage stations in everything pop?

Pop certainly used to have Cherry Coke. The stations are not all the same, so if, for example, you want regular Sprite, Sprite Zero, or Cherry Coke you need to locate the right machine for those choices.

Cherry coke is NO longer available at the rapid refill machines using the mugs. I checked EVERY station. I then asked. Due to requests and popularity, cherry coke was removed and replaced with coke zero.
You can buy bottles of cherry coke in the cold case.

My daughter and I are going the end of July and this will be our first time staying at Pop. When I booked the resort, I requested 50's building, upper floor. Is that a decent location? Also, I was wondering if they have a shop where you can buy milk, box of donuts, sunscreen, etc. Thank you.

The Everything Pop is a food court and gift shop. I believe the gift shop has sunscreen, and milk can be purchased In the food court. There seem to be boxes of Entemans available in most of the resort shops. HTH!

The food court is no longer carrying any prepackaged donuts including boxes of entemann's donuts. The only donuts POP has at this time are the individual ones in the bakery case. They are Krispy Kreme and available during breakfast. This was at the advice of one of the food court managers. HTH.

Okay, currently at POP and have been in 2 different rooms as we needed to change locations. Neither room had sn alarm clock. They are available by request from housekeeping. Neither room had any type of charging device....just the alarm clock was gone with nothing replacing it.

Now that just seems crazy in my opinion. Why would they remove the alarm clock and not replace it with anything????? I'm not happy that they're removing the alarm clocks in all the resorts (but that's a whole other conversation) but I can at least sort of see the point if they replace it with a charging block as many people use their phone as their clock/alarm. My thought was why not replace the alarm clocks with the clocks that have the charging ports in them? They're available at Walmart for less than $20 which tells me if Disney was buying thousands of them from the manufacturer they could get them for $2. <sigh>

The food court is no longer carrying any prepackaged donuts including boxes of entemann's donuts. The only donuts POP has at this time are the individual ones in the bakery case. They are Krispy Kreme and available during breakfast. This was at the advice of one of the food court managers. HTH.

Now this makes me happy. I love KK's!!!! While we're not staying at Pop in June, I'm going to guess that AoA has done the same thing -- eliminated Entenmann's and brought in KK's. And if not, I'll be walking across that bridge for a donut!

Thanks for all of the updates!

So, I ended up shipping 2 pkgs to myself here at POP. One beat me and when I checked in, it was noted so that the CM checking me in saw that I had a pkg here. I didn't even have to give them the tracking number like I did at ASMovies!!! The second pkg arrived a day later and they automatically delivered it to my room when it arrived!! They are SO much better with pkgs than the All Stars!! HTH

Thanks so much! :goodvibes That makes me feel so much better about sending down a box. We had shipped to Pop before and never had trouble but this last time to All Star Sports had me rethinking doing it again. I appreciate you reporting back, and love that it showed on your account when they checked you in.

Cherry coke is NO longer available at the rapid refill machines using the mugs. I checked EVERY station. I then asked. Due to requests and popularity, cherry coke was removed and replaced with coke zero.
You can buy bottles of cherry coke in the cold case.

So are the prepackaged foods (like the donuts and snack cakes etc) no longer available in the food section of the gift shop? I know in October at All Star Sports they still had them in gift shop but not the food court. Thanks!

So are the prepackaged foods (like the donuts and snack cakes etc) no longer available in the food section of the gift shop? I know in October at All Star Sports they still had them in gift shop but not the food court. Thanks!
The gift shop still had the packaged donuts back in December. It's been a few years since I've seen them in the food court though.

Thanks! With a side or two, that could probably feed our family of 4 for dinner.

We get the pizza and salad and dessert and it feeds the 4 of us to the gills. One of our favorite Pop traditions. No, the pizza is not gourmet or even fantastic..but there is something about sharing that meal with my kids, in my happy place, that I love SO much.

... post-Disney depression ... :(:sad:

Uffda, that is rough. :( Best cure - plan your next one!

We actually love the food court large pizzas. We always have it a few times while we are down there. My husband and I think they taste pretty good! My Mom really loved it too. They taste pretty much the same when we have had it at Pop, All Star Sports, and at the Art of Animation. It's no Via Napoli, but what is haha! Seriously, we think they are good. And it is a good buy, and with free dining it is a great use of your credits if you are sharing. It was two QS credits, so me and my husband used ours for the pizza, which came with our bottled drinks and desserts, and we used our mugs. And my Mom used QS by turning it into 3 snack credits, and we each got an item to take back to the room for breakfast in the morning. :thumbsup2 We kept the bottled drinks for the next day too.

Alarm clocks...

When we were there in January, the rooms (at POP) still had clocks. I WANT ONE! The one in our room played a stream sound (we actually called it "the Frogs")...I loved that sound to sleep to!

Don't get the taking out the clocks part, though. Why, because we all have cell hone with clocks on them?

Alarm clocks...

When we were there in January, the rooms (at POP) still had clocks. I WANT ONE! The one in our room played a stream sound (we actually called it "the Frogs")...I loved that sound to sleep to!

Don't get the taking out the clocks part, though. Why, because we all have cell hone with clocks on them?
You can push a button on the phone for a wake up call.

I like to have the clock so that when I wake up in the night I can check the time without having to move around too much. The more I move the more awake I become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter