Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in yesterday. This is my 4th stay at Disney, first stay at a value. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. Rooms very clean. I got email notification that my room was ready right after our plane landed. Got room requests. Nice pool area. Nice food court area. I got the Johnny Appleseed sandwich and it was really good. My daughter got the pizza and my son got the bacon cheeseburger. They both were happy. We had breakfast this morning, only POP waffles, no Mickey. But, kids enjoyed them. Went to magic kingdom today. Buses have been great so far. No bus boards. I really don't have any complaints. Would definitely return. I am very happy so far.

Checked in yesterday. This is my 4th stay at Disney, first stay at a value. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. Rooms very clean. I got email notification that my room was ready right after our plane landed. Got room requests. Nice pool area. Nice food court area. I got the Johnny Appleseed sandwich and it was really good. My daughter got the pizza and my son got the bacon cheeseburger. They both were happy. We had breakfast this morning, only POP waffles, no Mickey. But, kids enjoyed them. Went to magic kingdom today. Buses have been great so far. No bus boards. I really don't have any complaints. Would definitely return. I am very happy so far.

Glad you are having such a great time :flower:

That's fantastic, our stay is just 72 days away for our first trip there. Enjoy your stay

I just changed my Pop room from Preferred room, to Preferred Pool room. Are the Pool rooms very noisy? I had to pay an extra $6.69/night for Pool room and we will be there Easter week.

Should I change back to Preferred room to avoid the noise? Thx

I just changed my Pop room from Preferred room, to Preferred Pool room. Are the Pool rooms very noisy? I had to pay an extra $6.69/night for Pool room and we will be there Easter week.

I'm at pop now. 60 section and right across from the zero entry kiddie splash area. You can hear the noise from the pool area in our room. Also, you can hear the movie when it's movie night. You can also hear the 8:00 fireworks from Epcot. However, it has not been enough to bother us. If your planning to take a nap during mid day, then then noise may be an issue. If your really sensitive to noise, then you may consider changing. But for us, we turn on the TV and haven't really been bothered by it.

Correction... The 8pm fireworks are from Hollywood studios. It's is called the "symphony in the stars: a galactic spectacular". We will be seeing them tonight

I am arriving tomorrow. This will be my third time there.

Can you see the DHS fireworks from anywhere at Pop Century. My friend and I will be having dinner at Pop after our arrival, and if I thought we could see the fireworks, it would be a nice ending to our check in day.

I am arriving tomorrow. This will be my third time there.

Can you see the DHS fireworks from anywhere at Pop Century. My friend and I will be having dinner at Pop after our arrival, and if I thought we could see the fireworks, it would be a nice ending to our check in day.
Go to the Generation Gap bridge on the Pop side, facing AofA. That's where we watch HS fireworks from.

Thanks for the speedy reply about the fireworks. I will definitely do that. During my last vacation, I really enjoyed the Frozen Fireworks at DHS, so I was happy to hear that DHS had new fireworks with a Star Wars theme. Monday we will be touring DHS, so seeing the fireworks, accompanied by the Star Wars music will be great. Fireworks are great with, and/or without music, but music makes them that more special.

DD and I had a standard room in late August (upgraded I think to preferred but it was still a quiet room - all we wanted was lake view and high floor - as we wanted a quiet room).

Walking by the Hippy Dippy Pool daily, we honestly felt bad for folks with pool view rooms. Even in the quiet season, the pool was busy and a bit loud. We'd get back to our room (a whopping five minutes or less walk, and we were on the top floor with her in a wheelchair) and breathe a sigh of relief.

I LOVED Pop, but I'd say if you want a pool view room, it may be VERY noisy during the day.

We're staying again for two nights over spring break (then moving to AKL Kidani on a rental) and have standard. I did online check in and just requested high floor, lake view.

We did absolutely love our stay at Pop and plan on returning again!

Would people say that Pop is better than All Star Music? I went last year and I wasn't very impressed, but people LOVE Pop here at the Dis. Convince me please. haha!

Would people say that Pop is better than All Star Music? I went last year and I wasn't very impressed, but people LOVE Pop here at the Dis. Convince me please. haha!
For me, yes, Pop is better. It just has a completely different vibe. Not that we didn't like Music, we just love Pop so much more.

Was the question about all of the rooms having the carpet replaced with flooring ever answered? Sorry if I missed it.

The last time I stayed at a value resort was 20 years ago and it was ASM. I hated it so much I have only stayed at mods or deluxe hotels since. I stayed at Pop earlier this month and absolutely loved it. We are considering it for next year because we had such an great time here. I am so happy I made the decision to stay there.

I wouldn't pay extra for pool preferred. We got upgraded to that a few years ago, we were right by hippy dippy pool, 3rd floor. It was so loud. We called security (it was around 1am and kids were screaming/running around). We went to the front desk the next morning and got a different room. We also found out our neighbors called security too. Not sure if it was just a fluke that night but I'll never stay right next to the pool again. I much prefer rooms on the lakeside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter