Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Pop now and I totally did the Amazon Pantry for a 4 night stay. We're checking out Thursday.

If anybody wants leftover smart water and at minimum a sealed box of Cheez-it snack mix, and Wheat-thins. PM me, I'll leave it at Bell Services. :goodvibes

We usually bring a case or two with us because we drive (and because I prefer Spring water as opposed to Purified water), but I'm thinking about shipping a case or two down for our next trip just to save some space in the car. I would say that if you definitely want a case of water, it's best to order it or bring it yourself.

We usually ship some down (flyers here) but didn't have time this time around so I thinkwe'll just fill our mugs and bring our own water bottles with us and dump it in there. Thanks for your help all!

The split stay won't be a problem as the mugs are good at any and all resorts once activated. However, I think they're only set up for 14 days. I've read that people who have had longer stays just need to have a CM extend the activation for the extra days. You should be able to see the date of expiration when you get a refill.

You're right...I hadn't noticed that before, thanks! It says on the screen where you get your soda how long the cup is good for. It does indeed end at 14 days. :)

This is probably old news or common knowledge by now, but if you go up to the top levels that face hourglass lake, you get a very decent view of the Hollywood Studios 8 PM Star Wars fireworks. I was very surprised by this during our stay last week.
Also IllumiNations and Generation Gap Bridge affords a good view.:)

14206500082_a3742e5b52_c.jpg

Hello All!
Headed to POP in a few weeks for Princess Marathon Weekend! YAY! Love POP!
Last time I was there I did not need to get up at 3AM - unlike this trip.
I need to have a cup of tea (caffeine) before the races.
Does anyone know if you can access the hot water when the food court is closed?
I have my own tea- but am trying to keep things simple and not bring a hot pot.
Thanks

Have they installed the monitors with the bus times at Pop yet? We stayed at ASMo a couple weeks ago, and thought the monitors were a very nice feature....I'm hoping they'll be at Pop by our April Trip (And I'd love to see them at the bus stops outside the parks, too).

Have they installed the monitors with the bus times at Pop yet? We stayed at ASMo a couple weeks ago, and thought the monitors were a very nice feature....I'm hoping they'll be at Pop by our April Trip (And I'd love to see them at the bus stops outside the parks, too).
We were there from 9-17 January and they were not up. The only place I saw them was at Wilderness Lodge.

We were there Jan 1-15 and saw them at, I'm pretty sure, all the resorts we visited. I know we saw them at Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge for sure. We didn't visit any of the values, though. But, if they have them pretty much everywhere else, maybe they will show up at Pop soon. :)

Hello All!
Headed to POP in a few weeks for Princess Marathon Weekend! YAY! Love POP!
Last time I was there I did not need to get up at 3AM - unlike this trip.
I need to have a cup of tea (caffeine) before the races.
Does anyone know if you can access the hot water when the food court is closed?
I have my own tea- but am trying to keep things simple and not bring a hot pot.
Thanks
We leave for POP in a few days. I purchased a small immersion water heater for about $7 on amazon to bring with. All you need is a ceramic mug, water, and an outlet. It boils water in a few minutes and is very lightweight and portable.

Im a morning oatmeal person and tea is nice to have too. This is the best solution i could come up with. Probably wouldn't be good with kids running around, but for 2 adults, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

On a separate note, how bad is the tap water at POP? is bottled water really necessary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter