• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i purchase a bottle of vodka or scotch for in-room cocktails? POP gift shop??
staying at POP, no rental car. Read somewhere that EP world showcase has a couple of stores... is that true? will they deliver to resort?

They do indeed have assorted liquors behind the cash register by the food court entrance. Hubby has purchased there. It's a little pricey but hey...who cares. It's a vacation!

:drinking1:woohoo:

Thanks for posting. I couldn't remember that case being at the counter. As I stated, if you know you plan on wanting something I would still suggest bringing your own. You will pay way more there than at your local state liquor store.

My husband purchases his Jack at home and bubblewraps the bottle and puts in checked luggage. We have never had a broken bottle ever.

So your original "we faxed in" post was misleading. You were responding to people asking about the number to fax in themselves. Paying someone to do something is totally different than doing it on your own.

Anyone faxed ON THEIR OWN recently that had it work out?

Curious because I would really like my requests, and they are noted on the reservation, but not enough to pay $9.00 for a service where that is literally the ONLY aspect of it I'd use - I make my own schedule and don't see paying someone to do that for me either.

We did not pay for TouringPlans for the fax service. It is just something they do.. The TouringPlan service is crowd calendars and, well, touring plans for each park. Just a perk that they will fax for you if you want them to.

We did not pay for TouringPlans for the fax service. It is just something they do.. The TouringPlan service is crowd calendars and, well, touring plans for each park. Just a perk that they will fax for you if you want them to.

As I said, I don't buy into touring plans and whatnot. I go when I go and chill about my "touring", so "crowd calendars" and so forth are meaningless to me. They offer nothing I would pay for - besides this some kind of has to be underhanded since they supposedly don't pay attention to faxes by anyone other than this "service" and I refuse to pay $9 when the only "service" I would use would be this backdoor faxing scam they have going on.

And saying "best $9 we spent" immediately after saying you got exactly what you requested actually DOES indicate that for you that was the most important part of the service.

I can somewhat chime in on the faxing. I do not subscribe to touring plans, I only read their blog, but used their room picker etc and their style of room request fax to fax my own request directly from me to the All Star Sports resort back last September.

Example from my fax (and you can find this for free on touring plans site)

For our upcoming stay, we would like to request this type of room:

Bldg 10,Flr 1,ENE-facing room.Exmple: 0154,0153,0151,0150,0149,0148,0147,0146,

This told the room assigner exactly what we were wanting. In this case, the touchdown building 10, first floor, which direction facing and the specific rooms we were wanting. I also did another line of possible rooms if those were not available. In the fax I had a paragraph explaining my choices, close to transportation/food court, ground floor and why. This way lets the room assigner know what you are looking for in case of substitutions.

I believe this absolutely worked. We got exactly what we wanted and exactly where we wanted. It was actually the only thing I liked about All Star Sports, was our room location ha! Glad to be going back home to Pop. And yes, I do plan on faxing in our room request to Pop. My feeling is, what can it hurt? Heck, cover all your bases if you want, tell them on the phone, on online checkin, and on the fax. Just be consistent and not have conflicting requests.

I can somewhat chime in on the faxing. I do not subscribe to touring plans, I only read their blog, but used their room picker etc and their style of room request fax to fax my own request directly from me to the All Star Sports resort back last September.

Example from my fax (and you can find this for free on touring plans site)

For our upcoming stay, we would like to request this type of room:

Bldg 10,Flr 1,ENE-facing room.Exmple: 0154,0153,0151,0150,0149,0148,0147,0146,

This told the room assigner exactly what we were wanting. In this case, the touchdown building 10, first floor, which direction facing and the specific rooms we were wanting. I also did another line of possible rooms if those were not available. In the fax I had a paragraph explaining my choices, close to transportation/food court, ground floor and why. This way lets the room assigner know what you are looking for in case of substitutions.

I believe this absolutely worked. We got exactly what we wanted and exactly where we wanted. It was actually the only thing I liked about All Star Sports, was our room location ha! Glad to be going back home to Pop. And yes, I do plan on faxing in our room request to Pop. My feeling is, what can it hurt? Heck, cover all your bases if you want, tell them on the phone, on online checkin, and on the fax. Just be consistent and not have conflicting requests.

Thanks! Yeah, I figure it can't hurt to reiterate my requests, explaining that I am requesting the 70s section because I am celebrating my 45th birthday, so I was born in 1971. They have the section request noted and that I am celebrating my birthday, so the fax will just be the connecting specifics part.

We used the Touring Plans request for two of our Pop trips. Each time we requested a series of rooms listed in order of our preference.

The first time, we got the room beside our perfect room. :thumbsup2
The second time, we were put in a completely different building. :furious:

Oh well, you can't win em all. :)

I hope everyone else has a better experience with Pop. We arrived today and completed online check in indicating our arrival of 10 am. I realize that isn't guaranteed but remained hopeful. We arrived at 10:38 am. We had not received a text so I went inside but no luck no rooms ready. We drove all night, had been up now 24 hrs, and it was pouring rain and windy. So we sat to wait. Kids ate lunch. At 1pm I went back to the desk. She indicated they only showed 1 room. I pulled up MDE and after several minutes she realized we were supposed to have 2 rooms. Still nothing ready and no eta. I asked if we could get adjoining instead of connecting but nothing was available. Still no eta and sorry we can't help you because the resort is full. Our daughter is at CBR for dance and we were really hoping to clean up before she performs at Disney Springs at 5:30. Nope not in the cards. She said they could try to call the maid to put a "rush" on it. Still we sit and I must say I'm most disappointed. Hoping to at least get the 2 rooms in the preferred location we paid for close to the building.

Sadly we had the same experience this last trip. We requested the 70s section ground floor. We have an Autistic son(5) and this location and level works best for us. We arrived at 9am and understood we would have to wait. On past trips we have been told that rooms would be ready by 3pm and we could make that work. Well this trip they said that is incorrect that it is now 6pm. Way to late for us to wait for a room. But they made us wait for the room to be ready. No offer to rush clean it. My son was on a verge of a meltdown cause he just wanted to lay in bed since we had been up since 2am. I made sure management new my displeasure. Having to wait for a room to be ready until 6pm is just not right when check in is officially 3pm. We still love Pop cause our experiences at the All stars have been much worse. Hoping this past trips incident doesn't become the norm.

I hope everyone else has a better experience with Pop. We arrived today and completed online check in indicating our arrival of 10 am. I realize that isn't guaranteed but remained hopeful. We arrived at 10:38 am. We had not received a text so I went inside but no luck no rooms ready. We drove all night, had been up now 24 hrs, and it was pouring rain and windy. So we sat to wait. Kids ate lunch. At 1pm I went back to the desk. She indicated they only showed 1 room. I pulled up MDE and after several minutes she realized we were supposed to have 2 rooms. Still nothing ready and no eta. I asked if we could get adjoining instead of connecting but nothing was available. Still no eta and sorry we can't help you because the resort is full. Our daughter is at CBR for dance and we were really hoping to clean up before she performs at Disney Springs at 5:30. Nope not in the cards. She said they could try to call the maid to put a "rush" on it. Still we sit and I must say I'm most disappointed. Hoping to at least get the 2 rooms in the preferred location we paid for close to the building.
Check in time is 3:00 PM and even then it's not guaranteed your room will be ready at exactly 3:00 PM.

Sadly we had the same experience this last trip. We requested the 70s section ground floor. We have an Autistic son(5) and this location and level works best for us. We arrived at 9am and understood we would have to wait. On past trips we have been told that rooms would be ready by 3pm and we could make that work. Well this trip they said that is incorrect that it is now 6pm. Way to late for us to wait for a room. But they made us wait for the room to be ready. No offer to rush clean it. My son was on a verge of a meltdown cause he just wanted to lay in bed since we had been up since 2am. I made sure management new my displeasure. Having to wait for a room to be ready until 6pm is just not right when check in is officially 3pm. We still love Pop cause our experiences at the All stars have been much worse. Hoping this past trips incident doesn't become the norm.
I had the same experience on our last trip during the holidays. I got a text saying our room wasn't ready and never got any other notification. Thankfully we went on to DHS and spent most of the day there, but we had really wanted to go to our room. I was not happy! If they send you an email telling you that you can skip check-in, they need to follow through with their notification system. I had to go to the front desk late that night to find out where our rooms were....it was frustrating:(

Last edited:
I had the same experience on our last trip during the holidays. I got a text saying our room was ready and never got any other notification. Thankfully we went on to DHS and spent most of the day there, but we had really wanted to go to our room. I was not happy! If they send you an email telling you that you can skip check-in, they need to follow through with their notification system. I had to go to the front desk late that night to find out where our rooms were....it was frustrating:(

I'm confused - you say you got a text saying your room was ready. So why would there be any follow-up? If the text said the room was ready I would have gone straight there if that was what I wanted to do.

And as I understand it the text does not tell you anything but the room number, so if you did not know the layout of the resort and needed directions you would still need to go to the front desk for that map. Right?

I'm confused - you say you got a text saying your room was ready. So why would there be any follow-up? If the text said the room was ready I would have gone straight there if that was what I wanted to do.

And as I understand it the text does not tell you anything but the room number, so if you did not know the layout of the resort and needed directions you would still need to go to the front desk for that map. Right?

I'm wondering if it's a typo and she meant to say she got a text saying the room wasn't ready? I think they also send texts letting you know your room isn't quite ready but you can still use your magic bands to visit the parks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter