Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT stay here unless you like a completely unsanitary room. We had to be moved in the evening from this place because when we returned from the parks and were getting ready for bed there were long curly black hairs all over the bathroom and Under the top sheets on the bed. This place does not get cleaned between guests. Our stay was in September of 2015. The "manager" got us a replacement room at POR but it took 2 hours at 11:0 pm to get moved.

Do NOT stay here unless you like a completely unsanitary room. We had to be moved in the evening from this place because when we returned from the parks and were getting ready for bed there were long curly black hairs all over the bathroom and Under the top sheets on the bed. This place does not get cleaned between guests. Our stay was in September of 2015. The "manager" got us a replacement room at POR but it took 2 hours at 11:0 pm to get moved.
Sorry you had a bad experience but that doesn't mean everyone else will have the same experience you had. I had a good experience at Pop and several others have.

Unfortunately, that can happen anywhere. Sorry it happened to you.

Got our travel docs today and luggage tags!!! 20 days to go until we are back home at Pop!!!!! party:

We have stayed here twice before and have ever had a bad experience or cleanliness issues.

All I can say is that we spent 14 nights at Pop in August and 5 nights in December just last week, and our room was cleaned perfectly. Please don't misunderstand me, I do believe you, and again I'm sorry you had that problem. But I do think it's unfair of you to tell people not to stay there unless you like an unsanitary room.
I don't see how it's unfair to tell people the cleaning is horrible and the room was unsanitary, but we shall just have to agree to disagree.

We've spent 21 nights at Pop Century and never had unclean rooms -- and we had 2 rooms for every one of those nights. You can get a bad room at any Disney resort or any hotel in the world for that matter. The worst room I've ever seen was in a hotel somewhere in VA on our drive home from Disney. While the beds were made, it was evident that nothing else had been done to the room after the previous guests vacated. We went back down to the front desk and they apologized profusely and gave us another room. Got to that room and it was also not cleaned. We left after that. The manager offered to call another hotel for us, but we just found one on our own. As far as Disney, we've stayed at AoA and ASMo as well and never had unclean rooms. However, I realize that sometimes cleaning is less than satisfactory even at Disney. I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, this (a room not cleaned properly) happens at every resort -- just read through the resort boards and you'll see this isn't unique to Pop. Fortunately, it seems to be a rare thing. This happened 4 months ago, right? Chances are that mousekeeper isn't even there anymore.

I don't see how it's unfair to tell people the cleaning is horrible and the room was unsanitary, but we shall just have to agree to disagree.
It's not unfair to tell people your room was horrible and unsanitary. Like I said, I believe you, and if I found hairs throughout my bed or bathroom, I would be totally skeeved out. And I'm happy they were able to move you. But it feels kind of insulting to those of us who haven't had mousekeeping problems, to be told we shouldn't stay at Pop unless we like an unsanitary room. That's all. As you say, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

We will be arriving at POP Jan 28. We have never been to Disney this time of year, would love to hear any updates of park crowds and resort buses ect over the next few weeks

My DD16 and I are checking in on Jan. 16th. I've already done online check in and I'm wondering when I'll be charged for my room balance. I have a room only reservation and have only stayed on property once before. I don't remember when I was charged. I've seen that I am supposed to be able to pay the balance upon arrival but what does that mean when you've already checked in online? I want to pay my balance with giftcards so I'm thinking maybe I should call and pay before we leave. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

My DD16 and I are checking in on Jan. 16th. I've already done online check in and I'm wondering when I'll be charged for my room balance. I have a room only reservation and have only stayed on property once before. I don't remember when I was charged. I've seen that I am supposed to be able to pay the balance upon arrival but what does that mean when you've already checked in online? I want to pay my balance with giftcards so I'm thinking maybe I should call and pay before we leave. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

We had a room only reservation a few weeks back and I had also done online checkin. When I arrived at the front desk (mid afternoon) I was told my credit card had already been charged. Which was fine with me anyways. According to my credit card statement, I was charged the day I arrived. So I'm not really sure if you can apply gift cards at this time. I'm thinking that maybe you can, since I've heard that some people use their magic bands to pay for items during the day and then go to the front desk and pay off their charges with gift cards later on.

We had a room only reservation a few weeks back and I had also done online checkin. When I arrived at the front desk (mid afternoon) I was told my credit card had already been charged. Which was fine with me anyways. According to my credit card statement, I was charged the day I arrived. So I'm not really sure if you can apply gift cards at this time. I'm thinking that maybe you can, since I've heard that some people use their magic bands to pay for items during the day and then go to the front desk and pay off their charges with gift cards later on.

Thank you, Disneylover99. This is kinda what I thought would happen. I think I will call in a few days in advance and pay the full balance with my gift cards so that my credit card isn't charged. I think when we stayed at AOA in 2014, I did online check in and they charged me before I got there, like the morning of our arrival/ I just couldn't remember for sure.

If my flight arrives MCO at 6:50pm and, assuming everything goes smoothly, I hop on ME...about what time can I expect to arrive at POP that night?

Thanks!
Heather

I like to estimate 2hrs from when we deboard the plane to when we are walking thru the doors of the resort. You have to factor in what order the bus drops you off. I have been first and last to be dropped off effecting arrival time. So I would say closer to 9:00 by my estimation.

Does the gift shop sell large containers of milk, like half gallons or quarts? I'm trying to decide who to use for grocery delivery. I know I can get smaller containers from the food court, but that's probably not as cost effective.

Does the gift shop sell large containers of milk, like half gallons or quarts? I'm trying to decide who to use for grocery delivery. I know I can get smaller containers from the food court, but that's probably not as cost effective.

They sell half gallons and smaller sizes too in the shop.

I have stayed at pop four times now and I am at 50/50 on room cleanliness. 2 times we had to move for dirty rooms. Then the other 2 times they were clean. One of the dirty rooms the refrigerator was never cleaned out. People's left overs was in the fridge other problems was air conditioner didn't work and small flys in the room that maintenance came with a vacuum to suck up. Going to try a moderate resort next time.

At any hotel or motel we go right to our room first, without taking all of the items out of the car and "moving in", to check it out and make sure the room is ok. Based on the comments about recent cleanliness issues will do this at Pop. Have never had an issue at a WDW resort, but you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter