• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

There is definitely inventory available, I have been emailing with our TA today. She had already checked before on the hotel side for discounts for our dates and nothing came up but she checked again and moved our reservation to pool/marina view. DVC being excluded from the offer is totally unsurprising but I think we are willing to gamble with a pool/marina view to save several hundred dollars. We were prepared to pay rack but it's definitely the upper end of our budget for this trip, every little bit helps.

Very excited that we finally book our dream resort Poly for May 2023. This has been a dream of ours to stay here since we began taking our family 13 years ago. We booked a standard view room and now I am a little worried after seeing the construction posts. It seems a lot of the standard rooms are on the side of the construction which is a bummer and has me rethinking staying here since this might be our one and only Poly trip. For anyone that has stayed there in these rooms recently, how has it been? Which buildings/rooms would people recommend we try and request if we do decide to keep the reservation. Thanks for any help!

Had a standard view booked for Feb at the Poly, first time staying here. After reading this thread, switched to a Deluxe studio standard view. Thanks everyone, keep posting your reviews and opinions on the rooms, it helps everyone!!

Very excited that we finally book our dream resort Poly for May 2023. This has been a dream of ours to stay here since we began taking our family 13 years ago. We booked a standard view room and now I am a little worried after seeing the construction posts. It seems a lot of the standard rooms are on the side of the construction which is a bummer and has me rethinking staying here since this might be our one and only Poly trip. For anyone that has stayed there in these rooms recently, how has it been? Which buildings/rooms would people recommend we try and request if we do decide to keep the reservation. Thanks for any help!
We were in a studio Tokelau building in December. You would never even know there was construction going on if staying in that area. We rented from DVC rental store and everything went smoothly.

We want to be at the front of the pack for Epcot rope drop. What is the fastest way to get there from Poly?

It sounds like the monorail from TCC doesn't begin until an hour pre-open (for 8:30 rope drop the first train would presumably start at 7:30). Is this correct? If so, is there a faster option? If we could time a Lyft to arrive when the parking lot opens at 7:30 would that even be of much help?! TIA!

what products are Disney now using for complimentary shampoo conditioner and body wash? I know the H2O products were discontinued. I’m assuming there are still products in the rooms?

what products are Disney now using for complimentary shampoo conditioner and body wash? I know the H2O products were discontinued. I’m assuming there are still products in the rooms?
I was at wdw in poly and gf 12/30-1/3 and h2o was still being used.

We want to be at the front of the pack for Epcot rope drop. What is the fastest way to get there from Poly?

It sounds like the monorail from TCC doesn't begin until an hour pre-open (for 8:30 rope drop the first train would presumably start at 7:30). Is this correct? If so, is there a faster option? If we could time a Lyft to arrive when the parking lot opens at 7:30 would that even be of much help?! TIA!
We walked to TTC then mono from there. However we did not do RD this trip. Another option is to RS to a boardwalk resort. They usually will let you drop off. I generally go to BWI for that.

We were there December. I just wondered if anyone else thought that the lack of signage for the walking path to the TTC was frustrating? Maybe it was just me, but I got lost walking around searching 😂.

We stayed in a cabin in Fort Wilderness in November. Walmart delivered groceries. Very easy and you can do it on the app. I do not know if there is a minimum. It may be worth checking into.

Hi! Has anyone attempted to walk from Poly to MK with the new walkway? How long does it take compared to the old one?

Hi! Has anyone attempted to walk from Poly to MK with the new walkway? How long does it take compared to the old one?
I have used it a few times . It’s not much longer it’s just so boring now. From poly to gf makes sense. If leaving from GF to Poly, if you don’t know where it is it can be tricky. It starts in a parking lot and at night can be hard. We ran from gf NYE and just made it for fireworks at poly! Luckily I had used it prior and directed my family.

Basically you have to cross the street and follow sidewalk until you get to next resort then cross the street again, There is not a crossing guard fyi.

I have used it a few times . It’s not much longer it’s just so boring now. From poly to gf makes sense. If leaving from GF to Poly, if you don’t know where it is it can be tricky. It starts in a parking lot and at night can be hard. We ran from gf NYE and just made it for fireworks at poly! Luckily I had used it prior and directed my family.

Basically you have to cross the street and follow sidewalk until you get to next resort then cross the street again, There is not a crossing guard fyi.
Thank you!! Is it manageable coming from MK to Poly if you did the reverse in order to get to the park? Or is it still confusing? I will be alone with my toddler in the stroller so not sure I will attempt it at night anyway. But if the monorail breaks and everyone is crowding the platform then I'll use the walkway.

Thank you!! Is it manageable coming from MK to Poly if you did the reverse in order to get to the park? Or is it still confusing? I will be alone with my toddler in the stroller so not sure I will attempt it at night anyway. But if the monorail breaks and everyone is crowding the platform then I'll use the walkway.
You can also take the boat or the non resort monorail back to TTC and walk to Poly from there.

At night, if the monorail is too crowded, you can take the ferry to TTC and then walk to Poly (this is beneficial if staying on the DVC side of Poly) or boat to GF/poly.

DD and I will walk 20,000-30,000 steps a day. However I have not walked from MK to poly or return. It’s kinda far and there are other options. The boats from MK to GF/then Poly or MK ferry to TTC will work if mono has issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter