• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

So I saw this new boat while staying at Poly last week. I knew it was one I hadn’t seen before or very often, thought it was just new paint.

But a big of warning - its boat horn is extremely loud. MK boat horns have never bothered me, but this one is at a total other decibel level.

I also saw new boat and one of the boat captains told me it was purchased to be used to bring guests back and forth from the MK to new resort they were supposed to build out on island in Bay Lake but that was put on hold indefinitely. Now it’s engaged in training all the current captains on its special features before being put into service. The Capt told me that none of them had been told what it’s route would be yet.

Look, all I want is a boat that runs back and forth between the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. Is that too much to ask??
I’m afraid so....especially right now! They still appear to be trying to limit access to people getting into resorts without reservations at least if you want to drive yourself into resort.

Hello! First ever post in this thread, as we plan for our April 2022 trip, which will be our first time staying at the Poly! We’ve stayed at AKL and WL during our last few trips, but are so thrilled to finally experience the Poly.

Question — does anyone have a standard view ground-floor room they would recommend? I’ve read the pros and cons of the different longhouses and they all sound great, but if there’s a room with a specific location or view others love, I would be so happy to hear about it!

I currently have a Poly studio reserved for a trip with my adult son in January. I just had knee surgery #5 3 weeks ago so and I’m likely to need an ECV in January. I’m planning to rent one of the smaller ECVs from an offsite vendor. How are the studios for storing an ECV? I’m hoping I can also get a ground floor room.

Hello! First ever post in this thread, as we plan for our April 2022 trip, which will be our first time staying at the Poly! We’ve stayed at AKL and WL during our last few trips, but are so thrilled to finally experience the Poly.

Question — does anyone have a standard view ground-floor room they would recommend? I’ve read the pros and cons of the different longhouses and they all sound great, but if there’s a room with a specific location or view others love, I would be so happy to hear about it!

Honestly they are all great. Some are closer to a beach, some are closer to transportation or lobby. Keep in mind 2nd floor does not have a balcony so decide which is more important requesting non 2nd or a specific longhouse???

Poly is one resort I don't worry about. It's all pretty good.
I currently have a Poly studio reserved for a trip with my adult son in January. I just had knee surgery #5 3 weeks ago so and I’m likely to need an ECV in January. I’m planning to rent one of the smaller ECVs from an offsite vendor. How are the studios for storing an ECV? I’m hoping I can also get a ground floor room.
The bathroom with the toilet is quite large imo. I remember thinking when i ever get to be a grandma I would stick a pack in play in there if needed, its that big.

Depending on size where connecting door is there is a bit of space as well.

I did see on a previous visit that some people left their ECV in hall and plugged it in out there.

Last edited:
Thank you both. I booked it partly because of the bathroom layout as I thought it would make it easier for us to both get ready in the morning. If I have any issues getting the ECV into the room, parking it in the hall does sound like a good idea. The rental ECV is supposed to be a portable unit with a removable battery, so I could probably leave the ECV in the hall and bring just the battery into the room if space is an issue.

I was able to fit a regular size ECV into one of the rooms at YC last May but that was a King room so I think it may have had a bit more floor space.

No room service is available. I ate at Tambu last week. the only food items are from Ohana menu. Wings, pot stickers, noodles and bread pudding.
Actually I should have asked this also: Were these on the menu or did you have to ask for them? The reason I originally posed the question was because I know they were available in the past but current menus online don’t show the items. I know at one point the bread pudding was available but only after a certain time.

Actually I should have asked this also: Were these on the menu or did you have to ask for them? The reason I originally posed the question was because I know they were available in the past but current menus online don’t show the items. I know at one point the bread pudding was available but only after a certain time.

I asked for a food menu and they told me there wasn't one. He then told me what was available from Ohana

Does anybody know what 50th Anniversary refillable mug is available at the Poly? (There are 2 different designs). Also, is the metal Star Wars mug still available? Thanks

Refillable Mugs we saw last week (10/1)
This mug is resort specific

From the Artist Sam Carter:
Something for the entire Resort, not just the birthday park and MK hotels.
This one I designed depicting WDW in the style of the new Mickey shorts.
I managed to represent every Disney Resort and every mode of transportation on one mug

Refillable Mugs we saw last week (10/1)
This mug is resort specific
View attachment 611170

From the Artist Sam Carter:
Something for the entire Resort, not just the birthday park and MK hotels.
This one I designed depicting WDW in the style of the new Mickey shorts.
I managed to represent every Disney Resort and every mode of transportation on one mug
View attachment 611172
I hope they still have them in a month when I’m there!!!

Anyone there recently know how the waits for trader sams have been? I know shoegal was kind enough to report back from sept but with 50th wondered how much busier it now is. Will be arriving next sat on my bday and eager to get in for a little. TiA

We looked in Trader Sam's a few weeks ago when we were there for the weekend of the 1st thru 5th and it was quiet Friday and Saturday....strangely quite.

Side note about all the refillable mugs and soda at the Poly....has side pool always had open and free to pour soda fountains? and coffee? If so we have never noticed it before, maybe because we really don't drink soda...but wondering if we just never noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter