Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Just wanted to confirm that all walking paths are open - we walked from the TTC to Poly to GF to Contemporary today, stopping in too cool off and shop at each hotel, and of course to get Dole Whips at Aloha Isle. The CMs we encountered in each hotel were all wonderful but I have to give the edge to the Poly. Every single CM smiled and greeted us with “Aloha” and often “so nice to have you here.” We aren’t staying at the Poly this trip but my whole family agreed that we need to book another Poly stay soon - definitely the best feel of the monorail resorts, in our opinion, even with the construction.

Thank you for confirming! This is awesome timing since we arrive this coming weekend. Have a breakfast ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe, so now we can take a nice morning stroll to GF, and hop on the monorail to the MK after breakfast. Looking forward to hearing "Aloha". :goodvibes

It’s always good to list your room requests in order of priority.

Absolutely this. It helps the assigner know what you are looking for.

For example - once when I stayed in a preferred room at Sports, I sent a TP request where I selected a number - but if you look at the configuration when you click on "Configure My Request" it lists the floor and direction facing with a series of numbers beginning with your "selected" room - and then I listed my requests as

"1st priority - Surfs Up section
"2nd priority - 3rd floor
"3rd priority - Corner Room"

That way the assigner knew what was most important and could see if there were any rooms available for my stay in Surfs Up, then if any of those were on the 3rd floor, and then if any of those were corner rooms. I was in the room next to "the one" I had selected.

If you just say "This room" the assigner has no clue why you requested that room - and the odds of it being open are honestly pretty slim. So giving them more info as to WHY that room/area with priorities helps.

Has anyone dined at Ohana for dinner since it has re-opened? Just curious to hear feedback!

Yes. Didn’t really enjoy the new menu. The old items were good but they weren’t enough to justify the price. I also swear the dessert tasted different. The fun aspect I use to feel was gone. There are review threads on it in the dining section you should check out. Food can be subjective

Last edited:
A bunch of sites* are reporting that Trader Sam's Grog Grotto has updated its menu, which is typically a precedent to an announced reopening. For instance, some eagle-eyed observers noted on or around June 22 that Casey's Corner's online menu was updated, and it reopened on June 30.

Those stories broke yesterday, July 12, and...the Poly fully reopens on July 19. Take that for what it's worth.

*I don't know which site(s) are verboten to mention, so not linking to any of them.

Apologies if this is a stupid question-- I know Poly was closed for reno, but all looks to be fine now, with the exception of the monorail - Was stalking and was just able to get a dinner reservation for "Kona" for a 7:45PM dinner, which should lead right into
"HEA" at 9:15. Recommendations for beach area? I know the music is not piped in, but I remember the beach viewing being really special. Thoughts? Thanks much !!!

Oh, and is bus service currently available to/from MK to Poly?

Thanks again !!

Tikiman is reporting a rentable seating area at the lava pool. He said there is just one and is $75 for 10-7 I believe. I assume it’s true. I dont know how to post a link though lol!

Tikiman is reporting a rentable seating area at the lava pool. He said there is just one and is $75 for 10-7 I believe. I assume it’s true. I dont know how to post a link though lol!
I want this for my upcoming stay at Poly in August. I cannot find info on it anywhere or on tikiman’s site. I have called Disney Recreation twice (and waited on hold for 2-hours both times) to book this but was told by CM that the Poly does not have “cabanas”. I’m thinking they are not aware of the rentable seating.

I want this for my upcoming stay at Poly in August. I cannot find info on it anywhere or on tikiman’s site. I have called Disney Recreation twice (and waited on hold for 2-hours both times) to book this but was told by CM that the Poly does not have “cabanas”. I’m thinking they are not aware of the rentable seating.
Poly has patios and not cabanas. I know when I’ve called before it took the cast member a minute to find them because they are not traditionally cabanas. There are 3 patios available for rental at the oasis pool. I’m not sure about this new one reported by tikiman. I would try back and mention you are looking for a patio rental. Hope this helps.

Are these descriptions still accurate?

1. Bora Bora (you can't beat the view or the room layout)
  2. Hawaii (for the Club Level service and prime location)
  3. Tonga (Club Level Suites)
  4. Tokelau (Standard views with views of the lagoon and castle in many of the rooms, DVC only)
  5. Samoa (Pool views with some views of the lagoon)
  6. Moorea (Great Lake views and near Transportation and Ticket Center, DVC only)
  7. Fiji (Standard and Marina views of the lagoon and marina. Close to the Great Ceremonial House)
  8. Niue (close to Great Ceremonial House and pools)
  9. Rarotonga (nice pool and monorail views and next to the Great Ceremonial House)
  10. Pago Pago (close to its own parking lot and Transportation and Ticket Center, DVC only)
  11. Tuvalu ( The best non-Club Level Lagoon and Theme Park views but not great Standard views. Location makes you have to walk around the marina to get to everything but the luau)
  12. Aotearoa (Nice Standard, Lagoon and Theme Park views. The only building with Standard view rooms that face the lagoon)

Now that Ohana is open I can't see how they can feasibly enforce this short of checking everyone's Magic Bands/phones, etc.

They do on things like July 4 and NYE. As I understand it, Poly guests are given special wristbands and the beach is made only accessible through certain openings where CMs check for wrist bands.

They do on things like July 4 and NYE. As I understand it, Poly guests are given special wristbands and the beach is made only accessible through certain openings where CMs check for wrist bands.
Yeah that does make sense. Thanks!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what room I should book at the Poly? The Theme Park view rooms are all sold out so my options are Lagoon or Standard. I'm considering the proximity to the TTC but also having a nice view and not a view of the parking lot. Any recommendations or things to consider?

Apologies if this is a stupid question-- I know Poly was closed for reno, but all looks to be fine now, with the exception of the monorail - Was stalking and was just able to get a dinner reservation for "Kona" for a 7:45PM dinner, which should lead right into
"HEA" at 9:15. Recommendations for beach area? I know the music is not piped in, but I remember the beach viewing being really special. Thoughts? Thanks much !!!

Oh, and is bus service currently available to/from MK to Poly?

Thanks again !!

Yes, due to the monorail station closure, there is bus service between the Poly and MK...also there a water taxi between the Poly and MK, or you can take the monorail or ferry to the TTC and make the 10 minute walk to the Poly.

Since the bungalows were built, the area of the beach with view of the fireworks was significantly reduced. Everyone will be watching for the same slice of beach.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what room I should book at the Poly? The Theme Park view rooms are all sold out so my options are Lagoon or Standard. I'm considering the proximity to the TTC but also having a nice view and not a view of the parking lot. Any recommendations or things to consider?
Lagoon views are going to put you in Aotearoa or Tuvalu Longhouses, far from the TTC.

I don’t think any of the standard rooms have a view of the parking lot. The buildings facing the lots view the monorail and lots of plants/trees. Although maybe some of the views have changed with the construction?

Lagoon views are going to put you in Aotearoa or Tuvalu Longhouses, far from the TTC.

I don’t think any of the standard rooms have a view of the parking lot. The buildings facing the lots view the monorail and lots of plants/trees. Although maybe some of the views have changed with the construction?

Oh thank you for this insight - perhaps it's not worth the additional few hundred

Any word on when the Monorail station is opening back up? I have a reservation for lunch at Kona Cafe for my late August trip. Was hoping to take the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Poly. If it's not open, I'm assuming our options would be bus or monorail to the Transportation Center with a walk over to Poly, correct? If we take the monorail to the Transportation center, I'm assuming we could take either the resort or express.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter