Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE the new rooms!!

Have the Tonga suites always been bookable directly on the website. I just booked a December long weekend (Canadian govt willing..🙄)
All the suites are on the site with “image coming soon”

I don’t remember seeing them on the Canadian booking pages before.

LOVE the new rooms!!

Have the Tonga suites always been bookable directly on the website. I just booked a December long weekend (Canadian govt willing..🙄)
All the suites are on the site with “image coming soon”

I don’t remember seeing them on the Canadian booking pages before.

View attachment 560682View attachment 560683

I can’t speak for the Canadian site, but on the US site they made the Suites bookable on the website back towards the end of last year. I can’t recall when exactly, but it was when they took the CL designation off the suites and put them in the bookable room category options property wide (since CL isn’t currently available).

Back in normal times the 1-BR was bookable online, but the other suites weren’t - you had to call.

They just tinkered with that page today to replace the room image with the “coming soon” note - which is good since the suite pics they did have up there were from prior to the last renovation!

I can’t speak for the Canadian site, but on the US site they made the Suites bookable on the website back towards the end of last year. I can’t recall when exactly, but it was when they took the CL designation off the suites and put them in the bookable room category options property wide (since CL isn’t currently available).

Back in normal times the 1-BR was bookable online, but the other suites weren’t - you had to call.

They just tinkered with that page today to replace the room image with the “coming soon” note - which is good since the suite pics they did have up there were from prior to the last renovation!

Thanks for the clarification the CDN site is a bit different then the US.. we haven’t stayed at the Poly since 2016, we’ve been checking other resorts off the Disney bucket list. 😊

Poly has always been a family favourite, looking forward to heading back this year!

I love the new rooms. Some people don't like the wall mural, but I like that Disney is finally adding some Disney back into the rooms. The renovated rooms in the last few years have become so plain and non-Disney.
I agree. If all I wanted was a nice hotel room, I'd stay off site or at one of the DS hotels and save money.
I *want* to be immersed in Disney. I want to have that wow moment when I walk in. It can be done without feeling cheap and this is a good example.

WOW!! Beautiful job with the rooms. I am impressed by the new water closet area in the bathroom. Love being able to close off the toilet area. Also saw a handshower in the tub!! YAY!! I hope the GF eventually gets the same. Also noticed the Keurig in the room. Awesome sauce :-)
Ditto on GF. In fact, I hope GF finally gets a great refurbishment when the next one comes around. The current decor is so off with the rest of the resort. But lovin' the Poly!! :)

Omg! I am in love with new rooms!

Seeing some rooms are actually completed makes me confident that the resort will open on 7/19. I’m going to reach out to my TA and have her modify our BC reservation so we can stay here for half of our trip. If all works out we should be at the Poly from 8/8-8/14.

I agree.

I’m not 100% sure how I feel about the rooms looking at these pictures.
I’m sure I’ll love it once I’m there. I really do love the new washroom!

Me too, but leaning toward liking it. It gives me the way back Polynesian vibe with an update, IYKWIM. Certainly nothing sterile about that renovation!

Me too, but leaning toward liking it. It gives me the way back Polynesian vibe with an update, IYKWIM. Certainly nothing sterile about that renovation!
I like themed rooms, but there’s something about the mural, floor pattern and curtains that don’t jive for me.

The more I look at it, the more I think it’s the floor pattern that is throwing it off and making it look too busy somehow.

Last edited:
Looking at the new rooms, I like them but do have some reservations. I love the additions of blue on the headboards and benches (yay, benches!). And the bathroom looks gorgeous! Love the separate toilet area!

The furnishings are pretty and practical, but kind of plain. What gives me pause is the combination of the super-bold feature wall and the herringbone patterned floor. Though I love the fun mural, the wall/floor combination looks busy and not luxe or restful to me. Hopefully the finishes are more luxe in person to balance it out.

I’m also a little worried about the lack or drawer space, as there are only three in the dresser, and the lack of counter space in the bathroom. Maybe those are cubbies under the sinks like at the Yacht Clup. Those are great!

Anyhow, can’t wait to stay there and see for myself! We are booked for January 2022. So excited!!

I like themed rooms, but there’s something about the mural, floor pattern and curtains that don’t jive for me.

The more I look at it, the more I think it’s the floor pattern that is throwing it off and making it look too busy somehow.

I feel the same about the floor. Hopefully it’s not as distracting in person.

Bestill my heart!!! Those rooms!!!!!! Of course they pick the one day I work from home and actually have to WORK from home to reveal them LOL but omg. The Moana inspiration is so apparent to fans of the movie (me lol), but it's not so in your face. October can't come fast enough!!!!! I can't wait to see what they'll do at CR now.

So what do we think.... shoe/flip flop shelf?

View attachment 560731

If it's us? GF will absently leave a bag there when we come back at night, forget about it, and then freak out for a good 20 minutes the next morning when she can’t find it and we’re trying to get out the room for rope drop. Then I will trip over the strap and we’ll be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter