Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going the second week in June. I was hoping construction would be completed by then. Doesn't look like it now.

:figment: Does Disney will make a Moana theme in the Polynesian Village Resort and the Entrance of the Resort also?:figment:

We have Poly Villas planned for last week of April. We booked pre-refurb announcement. We have a reduced rate bc we were price protected from a Covid cancellation. Its our first trip to Disney & i was over the moon to get “upgraded” to Poly. Should i look into a different resort if Poly is being worked on, or still worth it to stay there even during refurb?

Had breakfast at kona Cafe yesterday (was awesome). You don't really notice the construction at all. We walked around the grounds and u couldn't tell anything was going on except for the big crane in the front.

The only thing I will say, the main lobby is not as bright as it should be. The ceiling is all glass windows and they are all covered up right now due to the construction. Its not dark dark but its not the bright lobby that it normally is.

With all the 8am MK openings coming up, what time do the monorails start running. I know it's closed at Poly, but if I walk from my Poly DVC studto to the TTC, what is the earliest I could catch a monorail to MK? I see that the park rides start operating around 7:30 from some reports, so I'm hoping for an express monorail around 7? Or is the resort monorail still better somehow? Or other way to get from Poly to MK for RD?

With all the 8am MK openings coming up, what time do the monorails start running. I know it's closed at Poly, but if I walk from my Poly DVC studto to the TTC, what is the earliest I could catch a monorail to MK? I see that the park rides start operating around 7:30 from some reports, so I'm hoping for an express monorail around 7? Or is the resort monorail still better somehow? Or other way to get from Poly to MK for RD?
I haven’t been recently enough to answer your monorail question with accuracy, but you can walk to MK now by way of the new Grand Floridian walkway. There is a path that connects the Poly to GF. When we were last there in September, I believe they ran the resort monorail a little earlier to the monorail resorts for early ADRs, but did not stop at MK until about 30 mins before opening. I hope someone gives you more recent information on the early morning transportation.

Yeah, if I’m not mistaken MK had 8am openings when I was at GF over Columbus Day weekend and resort monorail started at 7am, started stopping at MK 7:30ish. I need to check my photo time stamps to be sure but I think @Mzpalmtree is correct. I’m not sure about the express monorail.

I'm looking to book a trip this 4th of July. Whats the chances of the main hall being completed by then? I can get DVC villa, but don't think I wanna stay there if renovations aren't complete in the hall

Thanks

I'm looking to book a trip this 4th of July. Whats the chances of the main hall being completed by then? I can get DVC villa, but don't think I wanna stay there if renovations aren't complete in the hall

Thanks

The first date they are accepting reservations for non-villa rooms is July 19.

They have not announced if they plan to fully open the GCH before the non-villa rooms open.

The first date they are accepting reservations for non-villa rooms is July 19.

They have not announced if they plan to fully open the GCH before the non-villa rooms open.

Hmm.. I would have to assume it will most likely be fully completed the beginning on July then.. But who really knows. I would think most of the construction stuff would be off site, and hopefully we can go inside and look.

Then again, delays happen, and who really knows..

I just love me some poly.

I'm hoping as time goes on they are opening up more hotels for this save on rooms early till June 2021 email they keep sending me.

Hmm.. I would have to assume it will most likely be fully completed the beginning on July then.. But who really knows. I would think most of the construction stuff would be off site, and hopefully we can go inside and look.

Then again, delays happen, and who really knows..

I just love me some poly.

I'm hoping as time goes on they are opening up more hotels for this save on rooms early till June 2021 email they keep sending me.

I hear you. Besides the porte cochere and the monorail station, is there any other work going on with the GCH? I haven’t been keeping up on the construction (I’m a big whiny baby).

Our “plan of last resort” (I quit lettering them lol) if our May trip can’t happen for whatever reason is to stretch our 50th anniversary weekend into the big trip instead and move to Poly after CR for the rest of the trip. Not ideal because I’m losing my mind at the idea of waiting that long but the up side would be actually getting to stay there with the updated rooms and possibly having more offerings by then.

I hear you. Besides the porte cochere and the monorail station, is there any other work going on with the GCH? I haven’t been keeping up on the construction (I’m a big whiny baby).

No, the work is just to the entrance and monorail platform. They haven’t said if anything else in the GCH will be worked on at some point, although I’ve sometimes wondered if Kona/Kona Island and maybe even Ohana may be due work at some point, since those spaces have been largely untouched for awhile, but that’s just me speculating.

Nothing else has been announced by Disney and no first hand reports of any other work on the GCH at this time.

Dave

Our kiddos (DD10 DS6) have been having an especially tough time with the pandemic. (Aren't we all) Through it all though their grades have been perfect, they have handled remote, hybrid and in-person learning like champs, and we really wanted to do something special for them. A few nights ago my husband came to bed and said "let's go to Disney". Of course there's no way I would ever say no, so 4 days later and we have a Villa booked at the Poly for one week arriving Feb 6th! Gramma decided to share in the love and is covering the park tickets, and my work travel has gathered me enough airline miles to fly for free. I am beyond excited and had to share. The kids know NOTHING. We are planning on telling them we are going to visit gramma and then driving to the airport. Gramma lives on the way to the airport so it works out. When we arrive we're going to tell them that gramma wanted them to go to Disney instead. Though we've stayed Poly several times, this will be our first trip in the Villas. I am still in shock, I did not expect to be traveling for a long time. Wish us luck with the surprise!

Our kiddos (DD10 DS6) have been having an especially tough time with the pandemic. (Aren't we all) Through it all though their grades have been perfect, they have handled remote, hybrid and in-person learning like champs, and we really wanted to do something special for them. A few nights ago my husband came to bed and said "let's go to Disney". Of course there's no way I would ever say no, so 4 days later and we have a Villa booked at the Poly for one week arriving Feb 6th! Gramma decided to share in the love and is covering the park tickets, and my work travel has gathered me enough airline miles to fly for free. I am beyond excited and had to share. The kids know NOTHING. We are planning on telling them we are going to visit gramma and then driving to the airport. Gramma lives on the way to the airport so it works out. When we arrive we're going to tell them that gramma wanted them to go to Disney instead. Though we've stayed Poly several times, this will be our first trip in the Villas. I am still in shock, I did not expect to be traveling for a long time. Wish us luck with the surprise!
The DVC studios are very nice. They have a lot of space. There is also a second shower and sink to speed things up in the morning. Our favorite is Tokelau. It is next to the quiet pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter