Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that it is actually quicker to take the resort monorail to the TTC and transfer in order to avoid going through security twice, once at Poly and once at TTC. Is this the case?
It is really one of those "it depends" situations. The resort Monorail can run quite slowly making the loop to the TTC. Security at the TTC can be very quick or slow depending on the time of day that you arrive. You will have to go through Security again at Epcot due to the distance of the Monorail line from the entrance.

It is really easy to catch the resort Monorail at the Great Ceremonial House and take an air-conditioned ride to the TTC and make the transfer under cover in the case of inclement weather. The walk to the TTC can be quite hot.

Dave

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it is actually quicker to take the resort monorail to the TTC and transfer in order to avoid going through security twice, once at Poly and once at TTC. Is this the case?

When you ride the monorail to Epcot, you will go through security twice, regardless of where you board the monorail. The first screening happens where you board (Poly or TTC), and the second happens at Epcot between the monorail exit and the park entrance. Sadly, there is no way to avoid it right now. ETA — The monorail switchpoint at the TTC is inside the security bubble and you do not need to be rescreened there.

We generally walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot loop, knowing that we may wait longer at bag check if we arrive right after the parking lot tram unloads and sends a crowd to bag check. But rarely does the extra wait exceed the time it takes to ride the monorail from the Poly to the TTC, then transfer to (and wait for) the Epcot monorail there. If you arrive between parking lot trams, the bag check line is short to non-existent and it is definitely quicker to board there.

That said, if we were already at the GCH, or were staying on the farther side of the resort, the resort monorail might be a better option. I really don’t think there is a huge difference, it just depends on whether you prefer to ride or walk. It’s great to have the option! Have fun!

Last edited:
When you ride the monorail to Epcot, you will go through security twice, regardless of where you board the monorail. The first screening happens where you board (Poly or TTC), and the second happens at Epcot between the monorail exit and the park entrance. Sadly, there is no way to avoid it right now. ETA — The monorail switchpoint at the TTC is inside the security bubble and you do not need to be rescreened there.

We generally walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot loop, knowing that we may wait longer at bag check if we arrive right after the parking lot tram unloads and sends a crowd to bag check. But rarely does the extra wait exceed the time it takes to ride the monorail from the Poly to the TTC, then transfer to (and wait for) the Epcot monorail there. If you arrive between parking lot trams, the bag check line is short to non-existent and it is definitely quicker to board there.

That said, if we were already at the GCH, or were staying on the farther side of the resort, the resort monorail might be a better option. I really don’t think there is a huge difference, it just depends on whether you prefer to ride or walk. It’s great to have the option! Have fun!
Trying to keep walking down to a minimum (almost impossible at WDW) with my knee injury. So, I will probably opt to go for the ride on the resort monorail and connect at TTC. We are in a standard room, so I believe we will be closer to GCH.

I just hate crowded pools. Ugh! Poly REALLY needs a third pool! They are always so crowded, but don't know if anything can or will ever be done about it. For me, the one (and only) downside to this resort.
I think Tikiman said that they did have plans to put in a third pool but cut it out to save money. I just get the vibe or "gut feeling" that Disney tries to push the limits and the prices as much as possible with the Poly because of it's "cult like following". They know people will stay there and keep coming back there because it has so much history and/or memories for many people when they were taken there by their parents. I really look forward to when we get to stay there for the first time with DVC, hopefully within the next couple years for at least a couple nights to get a feel of it. I am just hoping it will be a resort that I will really like and not one that I will fall head over heals for.:rolleyes:

18 more days! I’m getting a little nervous about all of the crowded pool posts. We were there in April and I didn’t find the pool overly crowded but I’m sure summer is worse. Is there a particular time that the pool is most crowded? We will most likely be swimming from around 4-6pm each day after the kids nap. We’ll be spending most of our time at the splash pad but my son loves the big slide too.

Still driving home! Would you make fun of me if I told you I downloaded some of the Hawaiian songs I liked at the Poly to my Spotify acct. and I’m listening to them now.... :teeth::cloud9:

Not at all! Glad you had a great trip. Thanks again for popping in periodically and sharing your trip with us :wizard:.

My husband and I will be staying for the 1st time at the poly in February. I have always wanted to stay here in the past. We are celebrating my 40th birthday and taking the niece and nephew for the 1st time. I'm so excited

You will love the Poly! Enjoy the planning :).

18 more days!

It'll go fast and you'll be checking in before you know it! Have a great time :goodvibes.

Was everyone happy with choosing poly? For those that have stayed at other deluxes, how does it compare?
We are going for my 40th and it will also be our 15 year anniversary and staying at poly has been on my bucket list so we booked it for September 2019. But now that I can stay anywhere I want I’m started to rethink and want to make sure it’s the best choice!

I've stayed at every deluxe except BWI and CR and I think Poly is my new favorite. BC was number one, but having just had our 4th stay there (we just returned Thursday), I think we're done with it for a while. We had one night at Poly prior to moving to BC and our Poly night was by far the best. I love the music everywhere, the views, both the pools and hot tubs. We really loved the Oasis pool especially.

Anyone had luck with getting rooms early in the afternoon?

Yes my daughter and I did in January (MLK week) during her Sweet 16 Trip we got on DME a little before 10am I believe and got to Poly a little after 11am and our room was ready. I was really happy about that since we were able to put our stuff away and relax a bit before hopping on the monorail to our 12:05pm Afternoon Tea at GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter