Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way or another, I think they booked everything at Standard for October. Some of those who booked Standard will find themselves in Samoa and Fiji.

Those who don't, though, are likely to be told "full up, sorry" and/or "different room category" if they complain about their room assignment.

I would expect this ongoing through year-end.

They shouldn't say that though since it's not the case. Just say sorry, not available. If that's what they are told, they should be able to upgrade then and there since that category wasn't an option when they booked. :)

Whatever, I'll still throw in my request for my view I want even though it's now a pool/marina view. I'm not going to request a monorail view if that's pretty much what I'd get anyways! :p

If that's what they are told, they should be able to upgrade then and there since that category wasn't an option when they booked

But if the rooms are assigned, they can't move someone into them, even for money.

I suspect they aren't going to reach out to everyone booked Standard and offer upgrade, because that is a can o' worms. Booking Standard, people need to expect they might not get Fiji or Samoa anyway. But if they send the email, they end up with people spazzing on the reservations line with the ill-trained reservations CMs. Hot hot mess.

But if the rooms are assigned, they can't move someone into them, even for money.

I suspect they aren't going to reach out to everyone booked Standard and offer upgrade, because that is a can o' worms. Booking Standard, people need to expect they might not get Fiji or Samoa anyway. But if they send the email, they end up with people spazzing on the reservations line with the ill-trained reservations CMs. Hot hot mess.

Well, I disagree - they should let everyone booked know that they can now upgrade if they choose. Then the onus is on the guest to hurry up and book it.

But, what I think means nothing in the end, so oh well!

We arrive at the Poly a month from today(!), and I have a question about check-in. We're planning to rope-drop MK that morning, so my plan had been to drive to the Poly, park there (I'm assuming that's OK?), then hop the monorail to MK and come back to check in later in the afternoon. I've actually already done online check-in, but it's our first time staying at the Poly and I just feel like I need to go to the lobby for the full experience.

Anyway, would there be any point to checking in earlier in the morning (pre-rope drop) before heading to MK, or am I better off just going with the plan described above? And has anyone had any problems parking at the Poly early morning the day of check-in?

We arrive at the Poly a month from today(!), and I have a question about check-in. We're planning to rope-drop MK that morning, so my plan had been to drive to the Poly, park there (I'm assuming that's OK?), then hop the monorail to MK and come back to check in later in the afternoon. I've actually already done online check-in, but it's our first time staying at the Poly and I just feel like I need to go to the lobby for the full experience.

Anyway, would there be any point to checking in earlier in the morning (pre-rope drop) before heading to MK, or am I better off just going with the plan described above? And has anyone had any problems parking at the Poly early morning the day of check-in?
Yes you can park there on your check in day before your room is ready. The new resort day starts at 6am. You can use any of the resort facilities or go to the parks. I would stop by the front desk even if I did online check in to let them know your there, I think it might increase your chance of getting the room ready text as it seems a lot of people who do online check in never get the text and end up stopping at the desk anyway

LOL because that was our plan as well when we stayed at the Poly for the first time in May. We parked and walked into the lobby at 8am ish, intending on rope-drop at MK. We were awe-struck, having never stepped foot into the Poly before and found ourselves at the registration desk proclaiming "We're here!" And then I started bawling!!! :sad: We received fresh leis and a warm hug from the CM. We decided to walk around the Poly for a bit, taking it all in and just when we decided to head to MK, our room was ready!!! We purposely did not have any morning FP on arrival day because we didn't know how that morning would play out. We always try to be very flexible at Disney and on this day, it worked out great!

Have a great trip.

LOL because that was our plan as well when we stayed at the Poly for the first time in May. We parked and walked into the lobby at 8am ish, intending on rope-drop at MK. We were awe-struck, having never stepped foot into the Poly before and found ourselves at the registration desk proclaiming "We're here!" And then I started bawling!!! :sad: We received fresh leis and a warm hug from the CM. We decided to walk around the Poly for a bit, taking it all in and just when we decided to head to MK, our room was ready!!! We purposely did not have any morning FP on arrival day because we didn't know how that morning would play out. We always try to be very flexible at Disney and on this day, it worked out great!

Have a great trip.

Thanks! Like you, I can definitely see us getting caught up in the first-time Poly experience and not making it to MK for open, which I'm OK with. We've always gone commando at the parks and only really went to the resort to sleep, but we've only ever stayed at the values. We're already expecting to want to spend much more time at the resort this trip!

Checked in this morning with a standard room booked. We requested Samoa ground floor, but got Niue second floor, so we switched to Rarotonga ground floor. I'm thrilled and I love my room and location! :)
That's great. Did you get ground floor on the pool side?

Checked in this morning with a standard room booked. We requested Samoa ground floor, but got Niue second floor, so we switched to Rarotonga ground floor. I'm thrilled and I love my room and location! :)

Have a wonderful time! I miss the Poly so much!

It would be interesting to do a survey of people that booked a standard view room and recently visited:
1-How did they book their trip (through Disney directly or through a travel agent)?
2-Did they have a discount?
3-If they did any requests, what where those requests?
4-What longhouse did they get?

For us:
1-Booked through a travel agent
2-Had a very good group discount rate
3-Requested #1) 3rd Floor with Balcony, #2) Samoa or Fiji
4-Got Aotearoa 3rd Floor with Balcony facing the monorail (we really liked the room location)

I'm wondering if because we were booked with such a good discount that's why we didn't get Samoa or Fiji with the pool/marina views. The detail of room charges we got had a "Group Code" and a "Group Name" (that I won't put here; travel agency can't be mentioned). I wonder if we had booked through Disney directly and/or paid more for the room if we would have gotten Samoa or Fiji? We've booked with this same travel agent with the same discount for the last 3 (August) trips and we got Fiji the 2 years prior. I'm just curious.

It would be interesting to do a survey of people that booked a standard view room and recently visited:
1-How did they book their trip (through Disney directly or through a travel agent)?

For us:
4-Got Aotearoa 3rd Floor with Balcony facing the monorail (we really liked the room location)

I'm wondering if because we were booked with such a good discount that's why we didn't get Samoa or Fiji with the pool/marina views. The detail of room charges we got had a "Group Code" and a "Group Name" (that I won't put here; travel agency can't be mentioned). I wonder if we had booked through Disney directly and/or paid more for the room if we would have gotten Samoa or Fiji? We've booked with this same travel agent with the same discount for the last 3 (August) trips and we got Fiji the 2 years prior. I'm just curious.

It might also be beneficial to add whether the guest requested a king or two queen beds. That can make the difference on receiving your requested room type.

We arrive in 11 days and I cannot wait! Haven't stayed at Poly since I was a teenager and I am looking forward to exploring. We made a room request and will see what we get! I really hope we get a King and 3rd floor.

For us:

I really don't think it matters how you book. I also got a great deal, probably through the same agency you used. It's really just availability when you check in. I know Samoa is popular. I was told I could switch tomorrow if I wanted to, because there was a ground floor Samoa available then. I also met and chatted with someone else using the same same TA as myself. They also booked a standard room and got their request of Third floor Samoa a few days ago when they checked in.

Thanks! Like you, I can definitely see us getting caught up in the first-time Poly experience and not making it to MK for open, which I'm OK with. We've always gone commando at the parks and only really went to the resort to sleep, but we've only ever stayed at the values. We're already expecting to want to spend much more time at the resort this trip!

Same here, but we were die-hard WL folks. This Poly stay was the most relaxing vacation EVER! Plz take time to relax on the Tiki Terrace while enjoying a Spikey Pineapple and tell them we sent you! :drinking::cloud9:

For us:

We also booked through a travel agent with a great deal and are here now. We are three families travelling together, so most important was rooms together, on the first floor (so we can all sit together outside for a drink) and we requested Niue. We were given our rooms together and on the first floor, but are also in Aotearoa facing the monorail. We actually really like the location and are happy with our set up.

For us:

1. We booked through the TA that can't be mentioned here but got the awesome deal for this time of year.

2. Yes, big discount.

3. We requested Samoa, connecting or adjoining rooms.

4. We got Tuvalu, first floor, connecting rooms.

We booked with this agency the past 2 years and had gotten Samoa the first year and Raratonga last year but they were able to move us over to Samoa the second day.

I will add that we asked if we could be moved anywhere in Samoa, Niue or Raratonga (even if we were to move the next day) and they said they had no availability because a large chunk of rooms were out of commission in those buildings due to AC problems that they are currently working on. Tuvalu isn't as bad a location as we thought. It's a short walk to the GCH. I just wish they had a bridge to cross over the marina and get to the pool! Lol. It's such a tease to be able to see the pool but have to walk all the way around the marina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter