• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday will be 4 weeks out for us. On our reservation, we requested a specific longhouse and room location. Should we call reservations and/or the resort directly to reiterate our room request? If so, when and who to should we make the call to?

It is not possible to call any resort directly. All calls go to off-site call centers that answer like you're calling the resort.

You can call Reservations to confirm the request is in. How likely you are to get it is highly variable in busy season, as it requires the room to be available on your check-in date.

We arrive the same day. Celebrating my B/G twins 3rd birthday. Other family members coming as well. We also staying in the Deluxe Studio. First time at Poly for us. Well if they offer you the upgrade I will take it. We are hoping for a MK view. But i have also never stay and may be naive to the walking distance.

Deluxe Studio as well. My wife and daughter don't mind the walks throughout the resort. The resort is pretty spread out, though the walk really isn't that bad. This will be our 5th stay at the Poly and we just spend so little time in our room, that the room view isn't that important for us.

It is not possible to call any resort directly. All calls go to off-site call centers that answer like you're calling the resort.

You can call Reservations to confirm the request is in. How likely you are to get it is highly variable in busy season, as it requires the room to be available on your check-in date.

The Polynesian Guest Services number is 407-824-2000. Obviously I realize that calling them will not help me with our room request, or at least I don't think it will.

The Polynesian Guest Services number is 407-824-2000. Obviously I realize that calling them will not help me with our room request, or at least I don't think it will.

You are correct. And that number routes to the Call Center that @_auroraborealis_ mentioned. The CMs at the Call Center handle calls for all WDW resorts.

I didn't know that. Never the less, whatever physical location they're in, when ever someone dials that number, the cast member answers as Guest Services for the Poly. I'm not sure what ability they have, if any, for "assisting" in getting room request granted. I would suspect, none at all.

I didn't know that. Never the less, whatever physical location they're in, when ever someone dials that number, the cast member answers as Guest Services for the Poly. I'm not sure what ability they have, if any, for "assisting" in getting room request granted. I would suspect, none at all.

They have the same ability to note any room requests on your reservations as the Main Reservations line CM's do. :thumbsup2

30 days left. :dogdance:

:yay: :yay:

I missed my double digit countdown day! We're now at 98 days until our first Poly stay, cannot wait! :lovestruc

The time will go fast and you will be at the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

We're also 30 days out, arrive 12/10, got the "magic bands have been shipped" e-mail this morning. We're staying at the DVC's for the first time and have requested the long house and location that's closest to the bus line/GCH as possible, because the least amount of walking for us is a priority over MK view. They've never honored a request for us in the past, and I know this sounds strange, but I hope they don't upgrade us to MK view, because that's not where we want to be.

Hope your request is met. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We arrive the same day. Celebrating my B/G twins 3rd birthday. Other family members coming as well. We also staying in the Deluxe Studio. First time at Poly for us. Well if they offer you the upgrade I will take it. We are hoping for a MK view. But i have also never stay and may be naive to the walking distance.

The Poly is amazing, hope you have a great first stay! :)

Closest to GCH is basically Tokelau. The DVC units are on the TTC side of the resort; if you land in Pago Pago, consider using the TTC for your transpo needs over walking to the bus stop (near Rarotonga) or the monorail at GCH.

I'm not sure why you would suggest someone use the TTC instead of the bus stop. The bus stop is right down the path out the south end of Pago Pago. If you are suggesting they take busses from the TTC instead their walk would be triple the distance. As for suggesting they use the monorail at the TTC over the monorail at the GCH that would make sense.

Yea, we're planning to walk to the TTC for the Monorail to EPCOT no matter which DVC long house we stay in.

Anybody there now? Swimming? How is the water temp? We will be leaving next Sunday and we will be at the resort all day. Wondering if we should pack the swim suits.

We are back from our amazing stay at the Polynesian. We had the most perfect location. Everything was a step away. I loved the welcome basket in our room! The room size was big and perfect. The twilight feast was amazing. A child's portion was enough for 2 adults and 2 little kids. It was $28 with tax. Two other nights we got one adult portion and both times we had too much food. We were able to just get chicken and shrimp, as well as get an extra loaf of bread. The portion size from the kids to an adult was identical except for one less pot sticker, and two pieces less of meat, so instead of 4 of each kind, you get 2 of each kind.. however, it's still a plate full of meat when you open the lid, on the same amount of rice. I would recommend two kids portions, b/c that way you are getting twice the juice, bread, salad, noodles/veggies, and only for about $10 more than one adult price...if you need it! I looked at the photos of one adult portion before we left and thought, why is everyone saying they get so much, it doesn't look like that much... well once you are there you're like oh wow, it's a lot!! Eating it in the room was amazing. DH initially thought it would be better at the restaurant. But with the kids, it made it stress free for me and i could sit on the bed in peace and quiet and enjoy the best food ever. -that's why i ordered it 3 nights! Their pools were great, the service was great, the location was amazing. We had stayed at the GF on the last two trips, and the Yacht Club, and i thought the Poly was too crowded but it was not. It was perfect! It's now on my must stay list. I loved visiting Sunset Point where we got married. It was great to take th kids up there to get pics.. and to the Halloween party there. I would love to know... what is the exact mattress in the standard room.. i wish i could sleep on that at home!

Anybody there now? Swimming? How is the water temp? We will be leaving next Sunday and we will be at the resort all day. Wondering if we should pack the swim suits.

I'm not there, but I would take swimsuits just in case as you never know what the weather will be day to day. Have a great trip :wizard:.

We are back from our amazing stay at the Polynesian. We had the most perfect location. Everything was a step away. I loved the welcome basket in our room! The room size was big and perfect. The twilight feast was amazing. A child's portion was enough for 2 adults and 2 little kids. It was $28 with tax. Two other nights we got one adult portion and both times we had too much food. We were able to just get chicken and shrimp, as well as get an extra loaf of bread. The portion size from the kids to an adult was identical except for one less pot sticker, and two pieces less of meat, so instead of 4 of each kind, you get 2 of each kind.. however, it's still a plate full of meat when you open the lid, on the same amount of rice. I would recommend two kids portions, b/c that way you are getting twice the juice, bread, salad, noodles/veggies, and only for about $10 more than one adult price...if you need it! I looked at the photos of one adult portion before we left and thought, why is everyone saying they get so much, it doesn't look like that much... well once you are there you're like oh wow, it's a lot!! Eating it in the room was amazing. DH initially thought it would be better at the restaurant. But with the kids, it made it stress free for me and i could sit on the bed in peace and quiet and enjoy the best food ever. -that's why i ordered it 3 nights! Their pools were great, the service was great, the location was amazing. We had stayed at the GF on the last two trips, and the Yacht Club, and i thought the Poly was too crowded but it was not. It was perfect! It's now on my must stay list. I loved visiting Sunset Point where we got married. It was great to take th kids up there to get pics.. and to the Halloween party there. I would love to know... what is the exact mattress in the standard room.. i wish i could sleep on that at home!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Still waiting for a good discount for August. Cant wait to be back at the Poly!
I don't know if you found a discount, but I got a great one through a TA. I always book trips myself but I couldn't pass this up!!! We are going 8/1-8/7

I don't know if you found a discount, but I got a great one through a TA. I always book trips myself but I couldn't pass this up!!! We are going 8/1-8/7
I did check with our TA and the price was still a little to high for our budget. I asked for almost the same dates you have lol. It was the early August deal. The cost we got was 373.00 a night for the Poly. Still to high for us :(. I think we may do a split stay so we can spend a few days at the Poly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter