• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love Samoa as it's just steps from both pools, GCH, the beach and Captains Cooks. With that said, Figi looks great as well :goodvibes.
I know Samoa is a pretty popular building. Do you think if I made the request of Samoa balcony or patio we would have a good chance of getting our request? Or should I just request Samoa and nothing else. I really do not want second floor.

Thread old timer popping in to say Aloha and do a little happy dance :yay:for our August 8 night trip to celebrate our 20th!

It will have been 5 years since we last visited! The irony is, I used to run this thread and now I know very little! Looking forward to getting up to speed and planning our next big magical Poly staypixiedust:
Hi, old friend!!!! PM me when you get a chance! We will be there in June!

I know Samoa is a pretty popular building. Do you think if I made the request of Samoa balcony or patio we would have a good chance of getting our request? Or should I just request Samoa and nothing else. I really do not want second floor.

I think your request of "Samoa, balcony or patio" is fine as the room assigner will know what you want. Keep in mind that if you check in and are assigned 2nd floor, you can always ask if a different room (or longhouse) is available. It's not guaranteed your room/location can be changed, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you :).

Booking our DVC stay tomorrow for June!!!!

Good luck, hope you get what you want :wizard:

I just saw that the cabanas by the quiet pool are available to rent starting next week.
$40-$70 for the day

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-poolside-patios-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort

Link not working, but you'll find more info. on the dis under disney news and updates.

Thanks for this information :flower3:.

Last edited:
They already started booking them and they are $26.63 for half day or $42.60 for the full day.
How is that going? Do they book up quickly? When we were there in August, there were lots of times during the day when nobody was using them.

30 days left. :dogdance:

We're also 30 days out, arrive 12/10, got the "magic bands have been shipped" e-mail this morning. We're staying at the DVC's for the first time and have requested the long house and location that's closest to the bus line/GCH as possible, because the least amount of walking for us is a priority over MK view. They've never honored a request for us in the past, and I know this sounds strange, but I hope they don't upgrade us to MK view, because that's not where we want to be.

We're also 30 days out, arrive 12/10, got the "magic bands have been shipped" e-mail this morning. We're staying at the DVC's for the first time and have requested the long house and location that's closest to the bus line/GCH as possible, because the least amount of walking for us is a priority over MK view. They've never honored a request for us in the past, and I know this sounds strange, but I hope they don't upgrade us to MK view, because that's not where we want to be.

We arrive the same day. Celebrating my B/G twins 3rd birthday. Other family members coming as well. We also staying in the Deluxe Studio. First time at Poly for us. Well if they offer you the upgrade I will take it. We are hoping for a MK view. But i have also never stay and may be naive to the walking distance.

I had to edit my response. They start booking them November 13th. You book by calling 407-WDW-PLAY

Saturday will be 4 weeks out for us. On our reservation, we requested a specific longhouse and room location. Should we call reservations and/or the resort directly to reiterate our room request? If so, when and who to should we make the call to?

Closest to GCH is basically Tokelau. The DVC units are on the TTC side of the resort; if you land in Pago Pago, consider using the TTC for your transpo needs over walking to the bus stop (near Rarotonga) or the monorail at GCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter