• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just there and had a room near TTC. They had issues with the monorail. For our MK pre-park opening we had to take a bus. For our Epcot pre-park opening we also had to take a bus and it took a long time to come and a lot of asking. Definitely not as magical as we had hoped. We allowed plenty of time and really had to scramble on very hot days. We had hoped being on a monorail would make this easy for us and that was not the case.

Quick question for those of you who just returned from the Poly. Some friends are staying at the Poly in 2 weeks and they have an 8:15am ADR at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. Is their best option to walk to TTC and take the ferry to Magic Kingdom? I've read such conflicting reports of whether the Poly boat or monorail will be running. TIA!
This was our situation today. We're at poly bus stop at 7:00. Bus came at 7:10 which dropped us of at CR and we walked to MK. Supposedly a bus straight to MK was coming but we were afraid to chance it. Tomorrow we have an 8am ADR at Epcot so hoping that bus comes tomorrow!

Reactions: CJK
Quick question for those of you who just returned from the Poly. Some friends are staying at the Poly in 2 weeks and they have an 8:15am ADR at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. Is their best option to walk to TTC and take the ferry to Magic Kingdom? I've read such conflicting reports of whether the Poly boat or monorail will be running. TIA!

A few weeks ago, we were fine on the monorail for BOG PPO 8:05.

Forgot to add it depends on the day of the week. Today monorail didn't start running until 8:30.

This was our situation today. We're at poly bus stop at 7:00. Bus came at 7:10 which dropped us of at CR and we walked to MK. Supposedly a bus straight to MK was coming but we were afraid to chance it. Tomorrow we have an 8am ADR at Epcot so hoping that bus comes tomorrow!
In my experience on our last two trips, there were no Epcot buses from the Poly. We took a cab to Epcot to make our PPO ADR. Just a heads up in case you encounter the same situation.

We were there last week. The answer depends on what day of the week they are going. Last week, the Resort Monorail started running at 7AM on Sun, Wed, Thurs, Fri, & Sat and 8:30AM Mon & Tues. But DO NOT go by the past, make sure they pick up a current Times Guide for the week when they arrive just to be totally sure of that week's schedule. Don't depend on what a CM may tell you, use the Times Guide!

We did the Early Morning Magic paid event at the MK on Sunday morning so needed to be in line at the MK entrance at roughly 7:30. No issues getting there via monorail at all, worked perfectly. If I had had to do that Monday or Tuesday with the 8:30 monorail start times I'm assuming the TTC/Ferry or bus would be valid options, but have not had to do that in the past so can't personally vouch for those.

Unlike a PP the resort monorail worked very well for us all week. Rode it every day, multiple times a day and it seemed better than ever in terms of quick stops, minimal "traffic clearance" delays, etc. The Express Monorail hours are a hot mess though (but no impact when staying at a monorail resort).

Does anyone know how deep the deepest point of either pool is?

I can ask my son tomorrow. He was on top of that. All I remember is I think he said there was an inch difference. At the oasis pool you had to go to the center of the far end for it to get that deep and it was the deeper one.

Then they must have fixed the gates. I spoke with the manager when I was there about this and they said they were working on getting the timer fixed. The pool was never intended to be open past 11 pm.

Yes, this was last Monday when we tried.

On another note it was nice meeting you and your wife at the pool. I introduced myself as Michelle from Ohio. I need to change my name on here. Not my smartest pick of screen names.

When is the best time to photograph the scenery at the Poly? Morning or evening? I love taking pictures (in fact, we scheduled a whole day for doing nothing but taking pictures around the resort and different parks) and want to get some really nice shots with the island feel. I was thinking about doing some timelapse photography of either a sunrise or sunset at the beach.

I prefer photographing resorts at sunrise as opposed to sunset. At sunrise, there are very few people around. As the day progresses, the resorts get more crowded. I prefer taking "people-free" photos.

TouringPlans (which is a fairly low cost subscriiption) has a "room finder" - and they have pictures from most rooms in the different buildings ...

This feature of TP is free to anyone.

We are home :guilty:

The Poly was wonderful again and we had a fabulous week! We saw the largest crowds we have ever seen in the parks (not because of tour groups, we only saw a few of those). The crowds at the pools were much better than when we were there 4 years ago, I guess thanks to the gates. On the other hand, we did not have access to the pools late at night when we enjoy using them after the parks.

Here is a photo from our standard view from Fiji room 3312. The location was PERFECT for us for it's proximity to Captain Cook's, the monorail and the walkway to the GF (DS used the fitness center).

View attachment 185426

Beautiful view. We were on the exact opposite side of you last August. Love Fiji.

1. Just got back from our trip to the Poly. I can say with out a question in my mind, NEVER AGAIN! I don't know what has happened to this resort, but it was the most disappointing trip we have had at Disney in a long time. The room was dirty, maid service was non existent, and the food was the worst ever. The pool was full of the most disrespectful people you every saw. I would say tear it down and start over, but that's not going to happen. Guess we will just pick different resort next time.

That's so frustrating. We had a bad second Poly stay, much like yours, years ago. But, I decided to give it one more chance last August and we had none of the issues we had during our second stay.

I know it's really hard to overcome what you experienced, but I wouldn't completely rule out giving it one more try someday in the future, especially if you have a really good deal. I was so worried we'd have the same cleanliness issues, "bad" guests, etc., but we didn't at all.

No, it doesn't! Lovely!

This is the first negative review I have ever read about the Polynesian. Sorry it didnt go well for you.

While I don't doubt that it may be the first negative Poly review you've read, I can assure you it's not the first nor will it be the last.

The pool was full of the most disrespectful people you every saw.

This was our only Poly complaint last year - the pool was full of pre-teens pushing their way around and not paying any attention to their surroundings. Almost made us reconsider the Poly this year since we use the pool a lot, but we're hoping the 2nd pool being open helps since we love everything else about it.

This was our only Poly complaint last year - the pool was full of pre-teens pushing their way around and not paying any attention to their surroundings. Almost made us reconsider the Poly this year since we use the pool a lot, but we're hoping the 2nd pool being open helps since we love everything else about it.

I don't think that this would be limited to any particular resort or hotel. Rude people are everywhere.

Yes, this was last Monday when we tried.

On another note it was nice meeting you and your wife at the pool. I introduced myself as Michelle from Ohio. I need to change my name on here. Not my smartest pick of screen names.

Hey Michelle,

Its always great to meet new people. I am glad you came over to say hello. Hope the rest of your trip was great.

Spent some time at the courtyard pool at gf . They have pineapple hard cider!!! It's on tap and comes in a plastic cup like beer but tastes like a nice light champagne. I believe it is also at the beach bar which is a accessible by all.

Although the gates are not locked so I don't see why you can't use the bar if more convenient.

Dd21 loved it!

Anyone know where I can find the August Recreation Schedule? The usual sites don't have it posted yet... or at least that I can find. TIA!!

In my experience on our last two trips, there were no Epcot buses from the Poly. We took a cab to Epcot to make our PPO ADR. Just a heads up in case you encounter the same situation.

Right you are! Thanks for the heads up! When no bus appeared by 7:15 we easily grabbed a cab and went to Epcot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter