• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a copy of the August recreation calendar at the Poly? If you're there now, do you mind posting a pic, pretty please! :) 11 days until check-in for us!! :D :D

We had Fiji 3rd floor a few rooms down from this one last year and we LOVED it. It was so easy to get to everything and there was little noise (or we were too tired to notice or care). Tried to get it again this year but couldn't (we got Hawaii instead). Next time we are able to go we will try to get Fiji as our first choice.

8 days and counting! Why is this week sooooo slow? :-)

We arrive Saturday. Fiji is our only choice (1st or 3rd floors, of course)!! Fingers crossed!

We did find the Oasis pool remained open past 11 when we were there last month. Not sure if that is "normal" or we just got lucky, but definitely something to check if you have your heart set on a midnight swim!

They have been having problems with the timers on the gates locking but it is not intended to stay open past 11. They said they are working on the gate timer.

We are home :guilty:

The Poly was wonderful again and we had a fabulous week! We saw the largest crowds we have ever seen in the parks (not because of tour groups, we only saw a few of those). The crowds at the pools were much better than when we were there 4 years ago, I guess thanks to the gates. On the other hand, we did not have access to the pools late at night when we enjoy using them after the parks.

Here is a photo from our standard view from Fiji room 3312. The location was PERFECT for us for it's proximity to Captain Cook's, the monorail and the walkway to the GF (DS used the fitness center).

View attachment 185426
We just returned a few days ago from the room directly below you. Beautiful view.

They have been having problems with the timers on the gates locking but it is not intended to stay open past 11. They said they are working on the gate timer.

We just returned a few days ago. The lifeguards told us the volcano pool closed promptly at 11 but we could go to the oasis pool b/c it would still be open. They told more than one family this as they were getting ready to close. I went to our room in Fiji to get my camera and headed over. There were people in the pool when I got there but I couldn't get in. I tried 2 gates. Another family came along and they couldn't get in either.

We just returned a few days ago. The lifeguards told us the volcano pool closed promptly at 11 but we could go to the oasis pool b/c it would still be open. They told more than one family this as they were getting ready to close. I went to our room in Fiji to get my camera and headed over. There were people in the pool when I got there but I couldn't get in. I tried 2 gates. Another family came along and they couldn't get in either.

Then they must have fixed the gates. I spoke with the manager when I was there about this and they said they were working on getting the timer fixed. The pool was never intended to be open past 11 pm.

Hello Poly fans! I'm a little late with my report, but wanted to share my recent experience at the Poly from 6/29-7/5. It was my family's first stay at the resort (as DVC members) following many trips to our favorite AKV resort. Honestly, I did not think that we could possibly love another resort as much as we love AKV... but I was wrong. The Poly is amazing!!! Here are some random thoughts...

Our View - We splurged on a lake view studio. We requested a third floor room and our request was granted. I don't remember our exact room number, but we were one of the last rooms toward the Transportation Center in Moorea. Our view was absolutely incredible! When I walked into the room I nearly cried... we had a beautiful view overlooking the bungaloos. The castle was directly in front of us, the TTC to the right and the rest of the resort to the left. Yes, we could hear the ferry horns, but they didn't bother us at all. We used a ton of points to get that million dollar view, and it was worth every single one! True magic.

View attachment 185431

View attachment 185431 View attachment 185432

DVC studio - Wow, just wow. We were amazed by how spacious the room felt. It is quite large for a studio. We have two teenagers and did not feel cramped at all. My daughter loved the pull-down bed, which we called "her cabinet"! I was concerned about the storage without a dresser, but we were fine. We used the large drawers under the bed as well as the bathroom drawers and the closet and the big trunk/coffee table. Plenty of space for our stuff. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to have a second bathroom! The bathrooms were beautifully designed (we especially loved the sliding barn doors), and helped tremendously when we were all getting ready at the same time. What a perk to have two showers! Our only problem was that our safe did not work. We didn't report it until the end of our trip, so I'm not sure if/when it was fixed.

Transportation - This was our first stay at a monorail resort, and won't be our last! We are accustomed to bus transportation at AKV and generally don't mind sacrificing convenience for the beautiful savannah. But we absolutely loved the convenience of the monorail. We were literally steps away from the Transportation Center and express monorails to both MK and Epcot. Awesome! One night we watched Wishes from Main Street and were back in our room 20 minutes later. Can't beat that! We also had great experiences with bus service to and from DHS and AK. Never waited long for a bus and never had to stand. Regrettably we did not try the boats, since we had such luck with the monorails, but we will next time!

Fireworks/Fourth of July - Another wow! We had a perfect view of Wishes from our balcony. It was truly spectacular. The 4th of July fireworks were just incredible. We could hear the music as the entire sky and lagoon exploded with color. I can't imagine a better fireworks display!

View attachment 185436

View attachment 185436 View attachment 185437

Pool - The Oasis pool is fantastic! We enjoyed it so much that we never used the main pool. Loved the pool, the bar and the convenient snack/drink station. We had a little trouble finding seats on July 3 and 4, but we eventually succeeded and spent several hours there.

Food - We've been to the most of the Poly restaurants before and they did not disappoint. Had great meals at Ohana and Kona. Spent a small fortune on take-out sushi, but it was yummy! Also loved having a late night dole whip and shaved ice!

The Grounds - Beautiful, relaxing and exquisitely themed.

All in all, the Poly was everything I hoped for and more. Can't wait to go back!!!
My dream is to stay in a room at the Poly with a view like this.

Hello Poly fans! I'm a little late with my report, but wanted to share my recent experience at the Poly from 6/29-7/5. It was my family's first stay at the resort (as DVC members) following many trips to our favorite AKV resort. Honestly, I did not think that we could possibly love another resort as much as we love AKV... but I was wrong. The Poly is amazing!!!

All in all, the Poly was everything I hoped for and more. Can't wait to go back!!!

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time and loved the Poly. I agree that AKL/AKV is a great resort, but the Poly is just amazing in every way, IMO. Hope you are able to go back soon :wizard:.

Does anyone know if all std rooms have day beds? Our travel agent said only a few rooms have them, but I read an old post saying that all rooms at the poly have them. So wondering which it is?

Like iloveeeyore posted, all rooms have a daybed :).

1. Just got back from our trip to the Poly. I can say with out a question in my mind, NEVER AGAIN! I don't know what has happened to this resort, but it was the most disappointing trip we have had at Disney in a long time. The room was dirty, maid service was non existent, and the food was the worst ever. The pool was full of the most disrespectful people you every saw. I would say tear it down and start over, but that's not going to happen. Guess we will just pick different resort next time.

I'm sorry you had a less than stellar stay at the Poly. Hope the next resort you try is a better experience :flower3:.

It sure is a magical resort.

It sure it! ::yes::

8 days and counting!

Have a great trip! :yay:

60 days until we check in! Paid off the trip yesterday and made fast passes this morning! Can't wait!!!:cool1:

The time will go fast! Have a great trip :jumping1:.

Some thoughts on our recent trip. We were at the poly July 24th-30th, 3 standard rooms, 9 people total. We (DH & I) got a king room in Rarotonga room 3808. We loved the location, step away from GCH, oasis pool, bus stop... DD and DGS5 were on 2nd floor, queen room, not a problem however DD, DSIL and 3 DGkids were in 3810, a king room. Why would they put 5 people in a king room. It was our mistake not asking to change but the kids already "unpacked" by the time I found out. We loved the pools, Kona, Ohana and capt cooks, although not a big pineapple fan. This was our 2nd stay at Poly and probably not our last. DGS6 has declared the pools his favorite. Loved the location, being so close to MK, DH and I went to MK last Friday night at 9:40 and walked on 3 rides within 45 minutes and back in our room by 11:00. In Feb we stay at the contemporary, then we will have stayed in every deluxe.

That is strange that a family of 5 was assigned a king room, but glad it worked ok and that you had a great time. Hope you have a nice CR stay in February :).

Nice pic, thank for sharing :flower3:.

11 days until check-in for us!! :D :D

:cool1::cool1:

We arrive Saturday. Fiji is our only choice (1st or 3rd floors, of course)!! Fingers crossed!

Hope you get your request! Have a great time :goodvibes.

What kind of cake did you order?
I ordered a Mickey Mouse cake last year, which was beautiful and very tasty but far too much cake. This year, I decided to order an 8" inch round cake with tropical flowers on it. Vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream, and a dark chocolate mousse filling. Looking forward to trying it as the flavors are similar to what we had last year!

1. Just got back from our trip to the Poly. I can say with out a question in my mind, NEVER AGAIN! I don't know what has happened to this resort, but it was the most disappointing trip we have had at Disney in a long time. The room was dirty, maid service was non existent, and the food was the worst ever. The pool was full of the most disrespectful people you every saw. I would say tear it down and start over, but that's not going to happen. Guess we will just pick different resort next time.
This is the first negative review I have ever read about the Polynesian. Sorry it didnt go well for you.

Does anyone know how deep the deepest point of either pool is?
Not scientific but when I stood in center of oasis pool I had to be on my tip toes so my pony wouldn't get wet. I'm 5"5. Similar to round pool at CR for those that have been there.

Not as deep in lava pool. Had to duck to get shoulders wet.

I liked oasis for swimming day but lava for night.

Quick question for those of you who just returned from the Poly. Some friends are staying at the Poly in 2 weeks and they have an 8:15am ADR at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. Is their best option to walk to TTC and take the ferry to Magic Kingdom? I've read such conflicting reports of whether the Poly boat or monorail will be running. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter