• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited, we just booked for the marathon in January! This will be my first time at the Poly as an adult. 8 months can't pass quickly enough!

Congrats! Your trip will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

We stayed at the Poly about 7 years ago, in a building that was really close to the TTC. We would like to stay in that again this year, does anyone know which building that is? Also, when we made the reservations the CM said that Poly had went through a major refurbishment. Are all the rooms getting redone? I thought it was just they added on the DVC part. Can't wait to go be there in 173 days.:yay:

All of the rooms have been refurbed (think they were done in 2013) :).

Poly here we come. Anniversary trip labor day weekend without kids woo hoo

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Here's my "quick before I forget" trip report. I cannot figure out pictures!! I have more of a general report too, which I"ll post separately. I'll post on the CL forum as well.

Bottom line – CL was “worth it” for our family on this trip. We are not park commandos. We have small kids and grandparents, so we need down time. We would go to the park in the morning and spend the afternoon and evening at the resort. We spent our travel days and one full day at the pool, my parents spent two full days at the pool. Having easy access to breakfast, coffee, snacks, water, etc was amazing. The location of the building was amazing. For me the convenience was worth the cost. However, next time we might just use a grocery service.

Thanks for your very detailed review! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed Poly CL :goodvibes.

Radom kindness. I encountered so much random kindness this trip. For example, my three year old daughter went nuts every time she saw a “Mickey balloon” and we saw a lot of them! I told her that she could get one when we went to “the castle.” One day we were walking into the lounge and a family was walking out. They had a mickey balloon and my daughter just got so excited. The family was leaving that day and couldn’t take the balloon with them, so they gave my daughter the balloon. She was in absolute heaven. The balloon was on her stroller at all times or by her crib at night. Then on our departure day I told my daughter we couldn’t take the balloon with us. I told her that we needed to find a little girl to give the balloon to just like a little girl gave her balloon to us. (terrified all the while my daughter would melt down!) Well, she pointed out a little girl in the lobby and gave her the balloon. As it turns out, it was that little girl’s birthday. The mother and the little girl were just so happy! And my three year old was so pleased with herself. Little acts like that that made our trip special.

We happened to be in Fantasyland by the sword in the stone one day. As my son was trying to pull it out two characters come up and started a little show. (of course I missed the whole thing because Jo needed to go potty, thank goodness for iphones!) But they were searching for the “hero of Fantasyland” and were picking people to pull the sword out of the stone. My son of course volunteered. After two other people tried and failed, my son had a turn. And he pulled out the sword! He didn’t stop talking about this the whole trip. We went back to MK another day and the only thing Liam wanted to do was to try the sword and the meet the characters again (I can’t remember their names). We tried the sword, but no luck this time. As we were walking out we ran into the characters! Liam was just so excited and chatted with them. This was a highlight of his trip. (beside Jawa trading) This is the stuff you just can’t plan. This is what makes Disney so magical.

Such sweet stories! :goodvibes

Such an awesome TR, thank you for sharing! Reading that makes me so excited for our trip...we leave in 2 days!! :jumping1:

Have a great time! :yay: :yay:

"Twilight" Feast sounds SO YUMMY!!:cool1::thumbsup2

I agree ::yes::.

Its called the Twilight Feast on the In-Room Dining menu. It is very similar to the 'Ohana menu with a few differences. It comes with a lot of food so if your order, don't order for the amount of people you have. If it is for two you can order for one. We had 8 and ordered for 6 and had a bunch left over.
It includes including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned. Bread Pudding is included.
$20.00 for guests 9 and under
$40.00 for guests 10 and older
This sounds wonderful! Do you know how late you can order this? I'm thinking it would make a great late night "snack" divided between a few people.

This sounds wonderful! Do you know how late you can order this? I'm thinking it would make a great late night "snack" divided between a few people.

They ask that you order it well in advance of the time you want it but I'm guessing they will not serve it past the 10:00 pm In-Room Dinner service time.

I check in on Thursday for our first Poly stay. We are staying in a studio. is there bedding/ pillows provided for the pull out couch and murphy bed?

Hmmmm...that twilight feast sounds just what I'm looking for....which was a way to get ohanas wings, dumplings and bread pudding without going. Has anyone had experience with this? I know the portions are supposed to be big, but could 2 normal eating adults share if ordered for 1?

I check in on Thursday for our first Poly stay. We are staying in a studio. is there bedding/ pillows provided for the pull out couch and murphy bed?
They usually have the bad made up already (mostly) . Pillows and extra blanket are generally in the closet. There is a housekeeping button on the phone, feel free to request extra blankets and pillows as needed. I have asked for 3 blankets at times without any problems.

Hmmmm...that twilight feast sounds just what I'm looking for....which was a way to get ohanas wings, dumplings and bread pudding without going. Has anyone had experience with this? I know the portions are supposed to be big, but could 2 normal eating adults share if ordered for 1?

My husband and I ordered it for 1 and had leftovers. It was perfect for us - a great way to get the food without the chaos of the restaurant.

My husband and I ordered it for 1 and had leftovers. It was perfect for us - a great way to get the food without the chaos of the restaurant.
Can you provide more detail on what a serving for 1 would include? # of wings, # of dumplings and then how much of the meats, noodles, etc? Do they bring a loaf of the bread and a good sized salad? The bread pudding? Anyone have similar info for the kids portion?

They usually have the bad made up already (mostly) . Pillows and extra blanket are generally in the closet. There is a housekeeping button on the phone, feel free to request extra blankets and pillows as needed. I have asked for 3 blankets at times without any problems.
Thank you so much!!

Trishadono answered about the bedding, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.
Thank you! We are so excited to be staying at the Poly. Our first trip to Disney our kids fell in love with it when we went for dinner. Our 2nd trip to Disney i tried to make it happen, but I believe the volcano pool was closed. So my kids are thrilled!! This time tomorrow I should be on the magical express!

Thank you! We are so excited to be staying at the Poly. Our first trip to Disney our kids fell in love with it when we went for dinner. Our 2nd trip to Disney i tried to make it happen, but I believe the volcano pool was closed. So my kids are thrilled!! This time tomorrow I should be on the magical express!

You're welcome! :)

Safe travels tomorrow. The Poly is amazing, you are going to have a great time! :yay:

@HaveKidsWillTravel , thank you for the detailed report!!! Poly CL is our intended destination for next year!!! I am chomping at the bit for rates to be released so I can finally be booked...even though we just got back from Disney less than 2 weeks ago, it seems like FOREVER!!!!

yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter