• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now photobucket is working :)
Ideas for @Mikeb1892 's scavenger hunt at Polynesian...

The Aloha sign :cloud9:
E0540AE9-0132-4EFE-A4D1-A4B563DD859B_zps45uagyad.jpg

Just noticed all the animals in the tray ceiling at Tambu Lounge
7BE9A604-4BC8-4EF5-83AC-BEF07312218C_zpsqeo19uvv.jpg

You could be mean and put "Moemoea" on the list ;)
045CBC83-26C8-4B5D-B780-F4116A278CC5_zpswdcafltg.jpg

Various signs around the resort
5BC762E3-1DBC-46BF-9105-93CAD40C3AA5_zpsqfskyd1t.jpg

19AA912B-7943-4FB4-9100-4118DEB56B24_zpsxzwedzxr.jpg

5EB25D4F-2B6E-47F6-8760-FFDB9B47BC97_zpskuzztblc.jpg

LOL, I'm having way too much fun with this. Good luck!

So I looked today and some of the tables on the side closest to the Marina have decent views as long as you aren't concerned about being able to see the castle prominently. I'd say if you wanted any table, 9:30 would be ok to arrive but if you want a specific table you probably need to be there earlier. Visually, you'd probably be better off taking your drinks and going to the tables outside Capt Cooks but I don't know if they play the music so that may be a trade off. Good luck. I hope you find something that works well for you and your parents.

Thank you so much! That sounds very promising!

For our resort day, I'd like to plan a surprise scavenger hunt for my family. Participating will be my DW, DS9 and DS3. We're staying at Poly so I'd like to keep it within Poly, GF, CR and WL (we'll take the boat over). I would love suggestions with an estimated difficulty rating included so I know who to assign them to (easy for DS3, medium for DS9, and difficult for my wife).

Ideas would be like
At Contemporary:
"Entrance to Chef Mickey" for my DS3 and
"Sign with 'California Grill' on it" for DS9. Etc.

Any suggestions for the POLY would be most welcomed.

Tikiman, I'm sure you have some great ones!

Also, my DW and DS9 love looking for hidden Mickeys so those are welcome also.

Thanks!

I don't really have any suggestions, but wanted to say what a cute idea! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

So we are heading to the Poly in the AM!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Anything I can try to report on?

Safe travels! Have a great trip :wizard:.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I have some photos of the King K suite in my Tonga Album. I took a lot out because they were before it was renovated and I only got a few after the redesign. I took mostly video of it but you will find some of the bedroom and the living room/ Dining room. Ill have to tell you about the secret door.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

Please do tell about this "secret door!" Thanks for the link! You are more than welcome to use the photos that I get!

Please do tell about this "secret door!" Thanks for the link! You are more than welcome to use the photos that I get!

Thanks. I can use some updated ones. I only have the video and a few from the room. Message me when you get there and I will tell you how to find the secret door.

Thanks. I can use some updated ones. I only have the video and a few from the room. Message me when you get there and I will tell you how to find the secret door.

No problem! If you need any specific pics just let me know! I will definitely message you once I arrive. Now I'm very curious!

Arrived today, resort and cm
Are great. Dinner at ohanas was not for us, it has been a few years since we ate there. The current menu was too much with pepper flavor. My ds who loved ohana in the past hated it and would eat nothing.

Arrived today, resort and cm
Are great. Dinner at ohanas was not for us, it has been a few years since we ate there. The current menu was too much with pepper flavor. My ds who loved ohana in the past hated it and would eat nothing.
Sorry about your dinner. I hope the rest of your trip is great!

Glad you have a good one. Ours is horrible. I'm sick over the money we spent to stay here to look at a hallway of another longhouse. (It was our choice but I didn't know standard included hallway view) We picked here for the tropical feel and relaxing we could do on the balcony. Not going to happen. After a 2 day trip here, it's pretty much killed any excitement I had.

Ugh! So sorry! Hallway view? Where are you?

Thanks for your response!
Tokelau...That's what i thought too after looking at map and then confirmed by pp link above. Now I'm wondering how i actually go about requesting. Didn't see any options besides floor height and elevator access on online check in. I've read you can fax resort, but wasn't sure how to locate #...or do you just ask when you check in. We did a room request at BWV but we had rented points, so the my contact at the rental company did it for us, Just wasn't sure what i needed to do.
Oh and obviously i don't know for sure, but on that site a pp listed it shows that 2nd and 3rd floors both have balconies. So, that's a plus i think :)
Hope you have a great trip!!

You can make your requests when you are making your reservation and the CM will note your preferences, you can do online checkin at the 60-day prior to checkin date, but (in addition to) if you are a Touring Plans subscriber, they will actually send in a fax of your preferences. Just make sure all forms of requests do not negate the other. If you want to forgo the Touring Plans request, so be it, but you can still see the room choices up close and personal (or at least many of them). Go to touring plans.com and go to More, Resorts and hotels, Hotel room views. See what you want to request before requesting. Easy peasy. I have done all three for my last two trips and luckily got what I asked for! Good luck!

I've stayed both and prefer Nanae side! I would like an in my face that I'm at the Poly.

The boat horns never bothered any of us while in GV Moorea last summer. We didn't nap in the afternoon unless exhausted (at which time the noise didn't bother any of us anyway) so I guess Nanea side would work! Thanks for helping with a deciding factor!

Hi all!
We're so excited to have just booked our first stay at the Poly in August! My DP (partner) and I have been coming to WDW in August for the last 9 years, but last fall purchased a home and took a financial hit on our previous home that put us in a place of not really being able to make Disney happen for our 10th anniversary, which was pretty upsetting, but we managed to pull together funding with some creative saving and will be on our way in a little over 3 months. We really consider ourselves Epcot resort people and will be staying the bulk of our trip at our favorite resort, the YC, but are delighted to start our trip with 2 nights at the Poly. We have a SV booked, but they all look so great, I'm not terribly worried. As we get closer, I may have some questions about particular longhouses, but overall, I'm just so excited to be heading to Orlando on the year it "definitely wasn't happening!" I plan to spend the majority of my time at the Poly at Trader Sam's and Pineapple Lani (not necessarily in that order).

Aloha All!

Last edited:
The boat horns never bothered any of us while in GV Moorea last summer. We didn't nap in the afternoon unless exhausted (at which time the noise didn't bother any of us anyway) so I guess Nanea side would work! Thanks for helping with a deciding factor!
The only time I slept was at night and because of MK hours they were going all night. The trip prior to this one I stayed in Moorea GV and never heard the boats. We were also closer to the Hawaii building. I am a light sleeper and while it woke up some of my family I was the consistant one waking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter