Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took the bus, and we had to wait a long time every morning for one. We tend to have a lot of early breakfasts. It's just that the monorail was one of the reasons we booked Poly.

Curious and need opinions......should we make room suggestions or leave it up to the tiki gods?

At a minimum we always request "3rd Floor with Balcony".
Sometimes we'll request a specific longhouse - usually Fiji or Samoa.

We check in at the Poly 4 months from today. :sunny:

We took the bus, and we had to wait a long time every morning for one. We tend to have a lot of early breakfasts. It's just that the monorail was one of the reasons we booked Poly.

Last August the monorail was on a modified scheduled so we took the boat to MK for our PPO ADR at BOG.
We took a cab to EPCOT since the monorail didn't even start running until 9:00am.

It was a bummer to stay at the Poly and then we couldn't use the monorail from the GCH or the TTC early in the day.

Are the refillable cups still available for purchase outside of the DDP, and if so, does anyone have photos of the current design and cost per cup?

@MouseMum it's true. Old and tired. :coffee:
I like the sounds of Samoa! I think i've decided on ground floor for quick and easy access with a massive stroller. And I could flip a coin between Rarotonga and Samoa :)

We thought about ground floor to make it easy on us so we could just step out of our patio with the stroller and go.... And then I remembered that wouldn't work because the patio door would then be unlocked. DOH! I think for us the walk down the hallway and elevator will be worth the inconvenience for the balcony.

We are going for dinner, but also have never been there. we are also trying to add new meals this time. It seems we do the same ones year after year. We are also trying whispering canyon this year for the first time.

We love Whispering Canyon. It's been awhile since we've eaten there, but we always enjoyed it. Hope you like it :).

We LOVE Whispering Canyon! Make sure you ask for ketchup :)

I agree ::yes::

Thanks for the welcome! We had breakfast at 'Ohana our last trip and the first words out of my husband's mouth were "Why aren't we staying here?". So I know we will love it! I've read the majority of this thread over the last week or so and it's just making me even more excited! Never thought I'd look forward to fall getting here so much!

Your trip will be here before you know it :goodvibes. The Poly was always on our list to try whenever we visited, so when we finally did try it, it automatically became our favorite as we loved everything about it from the minute we checked in. Enjoy the planning and anticipation :wizard:.

Just switched from BWI to Poly....first stay in a deluxe. CAN'T WAIT!!!

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! :goodvibes

Curious and need opinions......should we make room suggestions or leave it up to the tiki gods?

I agree with GraceMonica, I'd leave it up to fate if there isn't any particular location, etc that you want. Happy planning :).

Joining in! We just booked a quick 3 night getaway for just DH and I in August. Its the first time we will have been away from our kids in 14 years!! The Poly has always been on my Disney Bucket list so I cant wait!! :yay:

Sounds like a great trip! Happy planning :goodvibes.

I like the sounds of Samoa! I think i've decided on ground floor for quick and easy access with a massive stroller.

I think that's a great choice :thumbsup2.

We check in at the Poly 4 months from today. :sunny:

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it ;).

We thought about ground floor to make it easy on us so we could just step out of our patio with the stroller and go.... And then I remembered that wouldn't work because the patio door would then be unlocked. DOH! I think for us the walk down the hallway and elevator will be worth the inconvenience for the balcony.

Good point! haha...but wait...couldn't you just go out the front door (and lock it?)

Good point! haha...but wait...couldn't you just go out the front door (and lock it?)

You could, but that eliminates the supposed "convenience" of just stepping off the patio. If we end up with a ground floor room I'll probably send hubby out the front door to meet me outside. Maneuvering strollers through hotel room doors is not always easy!

Some will recognize me from my swan/pofq question. I now have a new question. How are the rooms at poly with a standard view? It says you can face the parking lot or monorail. Should that deter me from staying there? A room just came avail for the time of our trip and trying to decide if worth extra money. Thanks!!

You could, but that eliminates the supposed "convenience" of just stepping off the patio. If we end up with a ground floor room I'll probably send hubby out the front door to meet me outside. Maneuvering strollers through hotel room doors is not always easy!

Oh I see what you mean! I didn't know it was less convenient going out the front door. But I guess the patio doors ARE wider!

Some will recognize me from my swan/pofq question. I now have a new question. How are the rooms at poly with a standard view? It says you can face the parking lot or monorail. Should that deter me from staying there? A room just came avail for the time of our trip and trying to decide if worth extra money. Thanks!!
Monorail view is actually pretty fun. There are a really low number of Standard Rooms that face the parking lot.

On our visit in Feb 2016, the Poly / Resort monorail started at 8:00 am. Was that normal or temporary start time? Too bad we couldn't use the monorail for our early breakfasts before park opening.

That's not typical. Monorails are supposed to start running at 7am.

Staying at the Poly in June, and wondering if the monorail operates early enough to get to a pre-park opening breakfast at the Magic Kingdom. Any experiences you can share? I don't want to pay for a taxi. Thank you!

Staying at the Poly in June, and wondering if the monorail operates early enough to get to a pre-park opening breakfast at the Magic Kingdom. Any experiences you can share? I don't want to pay for a taxi. Thank you!
Yes, and if there is scheduled maintenance there will be a bus.

Has anyone on here mentioned the Twilight meal that is room service? I know I read it somewhere, but I forget where and I was discussing it with the hubby..does anyone have any info on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter