Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining in. Just booked our first stay at the Poly for November. I have a feeling we will be calling it our Disney home after this trip. Last November we stayed at POR and although it was beautiful we said we'd go deluxe the next time to avoid busses as much as possible with having two toddlers! I think the location and atmosphere of the Poly is more for us! So excited!

We have not eaten there before but from all I read it sounds like a good restaurant to try. It's our first time staying in the MK area so I'm looking for some new dining ideas.

We find the monorail resorts/MK area to have the best variety of dining options. We are also trying Trails End for the first time in September. I've read a lot of positive reviews, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Hope you enjoy it :).

Joining in. Just booked our first stay at the Poly for November. I have a feeling we will be calling it our Disney home after this trip. Last November we stayed at POR and although it was beautiful we said we'd go deluxe the next time to avoid busses as much as possible with having two toddlers! I think the location and atmosphere of the Poly is more for us! So excited!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! We've tried several resorts and have loved them all, but the Poly will always be our favorite. Enjoy the planning, I hope you have a great time in November :wizard:.

Are you going for breakfast or dinner? We have not eaten there before but from all I read it sounds like a good restaurant to try. It's our first time staying in the MK area so I'm looking for some new dining ideas.
We are going for dinner, but also have never been there. we are also trying to add new meals this time. It seems we do the same ones year after year. We are also trying whispering canyon this year for the first time.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! We've tried several resorts and have loved them all, but the Poly will always be our favorite. Enjoy the planning, I hope you have a great time in November :wizard:.
Thanks for the welcome! We had breakfast at 'Ohana our last trip and the first words out of my husband's mouth were "Why aren't we staying here?". So I know we will love it! I've read the majority of this thread over the last week or so and it's just making me even more excited! Never thought I'd look forward to fall getting here so much!

Last edited:
We are going for dinner, but also have never been there. we are also trying to add new meals this time. It seems we do the same ones year after year. We are also trying whispering canyon this year for the first time.

I hope it's enjoyable! We also always do the same meals so we are trying to switch things up. There looks to be so many great choices in the area. We stayed at the poly 2 weeks ago for only one night after a DCL cruise. It was a tease but we loved it. Can't wait to go back in November!

Curious and need opinions......should we make room suggestions or leave it up to the tiki gods?

Curious and need opinions......should we make room suggestions or leave it up to the tiki gods?
I usually leave it to fate. I book what I want and I am good with what I get. Only at the Beach Club do I get very specific and that is because not all rooms at that resort have full balconies or daybeds.

Well, not all Standard rooms at Poly have balconies, so that may be an area to not leave entirely to fate...

I think if you're not set on a certain thing (location, patio, balcony, walking distance to transportation) then you should definitely leave it up to the tiki gods.

I'm a super planner and I envision myself closer to TTC than GF. So I put in a request when I booked, I have the touring plans fax set up, and I know exactly what to click when I do online check in.

I usually leave it to fate. I book what I want and I am good with what I get. Only at the Beach Club do I get very specific and that is because not all rooms at that resort have full balconies or daybeds.

All rooms other than the suites have day beds.

I made it through this whole big and beautiful thread! Thank you to all of the regular contributors. Amazing resource you have created! :worship:

I'm about to make my room selections and I think i've narrowed down my criteria.
3 kids (6, 4 and 8 months), one hubby and me. The theme of this trip is convenience! We are old and tired (lol) and the kids are young and full of steam :yay:.

I'm back and forth about whether to request ground floor (easy stroller access, not having to worry about elevators) or go with an upper room request. I'm also on the fence about Samoa or Rorotango or Fiji in terms of convenience in relation to the transportation. Are we talking just a few steps difference between these longhouses or is Rorotango significantly closer to the monorail? And where is the bus stop located?

Also...my 2 big kids are allergic-types with severe asthma. They generally take awhile to adjust to new stimuli in hotel rooms.Is it true you can request for them to do a 'deep clean' of the room to help with allergies? How do you word that in your requests? Poly doesn't allow dog guests do they? We'd be in a world of trouble if they did because my kids would be a mess for the whole week with their allergies!

Thanks for any and all help!!

Bravo on reading the ENTIRE thread! That's quite an accomplishment!

Of the three buildings, Samoa is more "central" to all transportation...TTC monorail, GCH monorail, bus stop, little chug boat :P. Rarotonga is a few steps less to the GCH monorail and TTC monorail, a few steps farther from the little boat to MK, but closest to bus stop. Fiji is probably the furthest away, but still relatively close to the boat and GCH, farthest from TTC and bus stop.

"Old and tired..." Lol

Has anybody tried fitting a pack n play or portable crib in the smaller bathroom (stand up shower only)? DD is a light sleeper and I think having a "separate" sleeping space for her would be ideal. Thanks!

LOTS of space in the main washroom (tub/shower/toilet). When I was there I commented that they should actually put a storage unit of some sort in the big bathroom, there's so much room.

On our visit in Feb 2016, the Poly / Resort monorail started at 8:00 am. Was that normal or temporary start time? Too bad we couldn't use the monorail for our early breakfasts before park opening.

Oh I never even thought of that @itisamymc ...I just assumed that the monorail would run early enough for the early breakfasts. How do we get to them? Bus? Cab?

@MouseMum it's true. Old and tired. :coffee:
I like the sounds of Samoa! I think i've decided on ground floor for quick and easy access with a massive stroller. And I could flip a coin between Rarotonga and Samoa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter