• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to you.

On our way home from our trip..we were there for 8 days and the only construction we noticed was the E pool.
We didn't even make it over to that area, so it felt like there was no construction! Sad to be back, but I felt we were really lucky with the amazing weather we got! It was 40-something when we left yesterday morning! :cold:

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken

So sorry. Condolences to you and your family.

Aloha. I'm staying at the Poly in April with my wife and 6 year old daughter. We just found out after we booked that friends of ours will be in Orlando at the same time. They're staying off property using their timeshare for a stay at the Holiday Inn at Orange Lake. We're going to spend one full day together starting with 8am Reservations at Be Our Guest, having dinner that night at Kona then back to MK for Wishes. We'd like to bring them back to the Poly for an afternoon break. My question is as visitors what amenities at the resort will they have access to while we're killing a few hours before dinner? Is there any way their 7 year old will be able to use the pool with my wife and daughter while his parents and I grab a few beverages at Trader Sam's, either by me paying for a day pass or adding him to the room reservation for one night? Also will his parents be able to use Valet Parking at the Resort that day considering they have dinner reservations that evening with us? Thanks in advance!

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope time helps the pain and eventually you smile when you think of the wonderful memories you shared together.

Aloha. I'm staying at the Poly in April with my wife and 6 year old daughter. We just found out after we booked that friends of ours will be in Orlando at the same time. They're staying off property using their timeshare for a stay at the Holiday Inn at Orange Lake. We're going to spend one full day together starting with 8am Reservations at Be Our Guest, having dinner that night at Kona then back to MK for Wishes. We'd like to bring them back to the Poly for an afternoon break. My question is as visitors what amenities at the resort will they have access to while we're killing a few hours before dinner? Is there any way their 7 year old will be able to use the pool with my wife and daughter while his parents and I grab a few beverages at Trader Sam's, either by me paying for a day pass or adding him to the room reservation for one night? Also will his parents be able to use Valet Parking at the Resort that day considering they have dinner reservations that evening with us? Thanks in advance!

The only amenity that is only for guests of the hotel is the pools (even though I believe the movies on the beach and campfire is also only for guests). Guests need to use their wristband to enter the pool area.

If you have a package offer, all of your guests staying in your room must have the same package. Meaning if you are staying for 5 nights and have 6 days worth of park tickets, they will have to be the same.

As for parking, even with evening dining reservations there is a time limit for parking and I don't believe they will let them park in the morning with an evening reservation. However, they are allowed to park there if visiting you.

Someone please correct me if you know differently.

By the way we've officially switched to the Poly for our June trip. We were supposed to try the BWV but we got nervous and the Poly is where are heart is. This will be our 8th trip to the Poly, 3rd time in DVC Poly, and 17th trip to WDW!!! Still excited!!!!

The only amenity that is only for guests of the hotel is the pools (even though I believe the movies on the beach and campfire is also only for guests). Guests need to use their wristband to enter the pool area.

If you have a package offer, all of your guests staying in your room must have the same package. Meaning if you are staying for 5 nights and have 6 days worth of park tickets, they will have to be the same.

As for parking, even with evening dining reservations there is a time limit for parking and I don't believe they will let them park in the morning with an evening reservation. However, they are allowed to park there if visiting you.

Someone please correct me if you know differently.

Thanks for the great info. Guess we'll have to find something other than the pool to keep their little one occupied. So if I understand correctly if they say they're coming to visit us they'll be able to valet park for the entire day?

I just had a dream (nightmare?!) that I booked a lakeview studio, got one that didn't have a view of the castle and requested a different room, and they put me in a "luxury tent." It was awful. Thank god I woke up and realized there is no "luxury tent" room type available.

So sorry for your loss.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

We didn't even make it over to that area, so it felt like there was no construction! Sad to be back, but I felt we were really lucky with the amazing weather we got! It was 40-something when we left yesterday morning! :cold:

Yeah, the construction really isn't bad at all. The Poly is huge and beautiful you kind of forget about the construction....One of our days was in the 30s and very windy.

I just had a dream (nightmare?!) that I booked a lakeview studio, got one that didn't have a view of the castle and requested a different room, and they put me in a "luxury tent." It was awful. Thank god I woke up and realized there is no "luxury tent" room type available.

Luxury tent on the beach?! Sounds awesome! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter