• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our very first Poly stay for September in a standard studio. We could not be more excited. DH has wanted to stay here for over a decade, and we're glad to finally be able to make it happen. Any thoughts as to how much construction will still be taking place in September?

Can someone help me to understand at what time the monorail (resort and express), the ferry boat, and the launch boat begin operating in the mornings? I am wondering what transportation options reliably can get us to MK and Epcot for both pre-park opening ADRs and simply get us to those parks on rope drop mornings when we want to arrive 45 minutes before park opening.

We've just booked 2 weeks in Hawaii GV at the end of October. So excited Travelling from the UK with our 3 kids (2 teenage boys & daughter 8) and bringing our friends and their 2 kids, 6 & 8 with us. It's our 2nd WDW trip, we stayed in YC last time, and our first time in club. I loved the Poly when we visited last time but DH was unconvinced as he really enjoyed the Boardwalk area. Hoping for some Poly magic to win him over during our stay!

Yes you are right. I just got confirmation they started Hawaii on the Oasis pool side (garden view)
How long has this work taken to complete? We are staying in Hawaii gv at the end of April so I hope that side will be done by then. Although my kids would probably love watching the construction!

Glad to hear about your trip! We feel the exact same way about the Poly and the AKL. Love everything about Poly....love the AKL theme and lobby, but did not love the rooms at all (or the buses getting around...).

You are correct about the draw to the Epcot resorts. We do love the Beach Club very much, but we tend to focus more on Epcot and HS when we stay there. If your trip is long enough, maybe you could start at BC for a couple nights and then move to Poly for the remainder.

When we first started going to WDW, we stayed at many resorts and found our favorites (BC and Poly). However, to this day, we need to switch things up or else we feel like we're repeating the same trip. Not a bad thing since the trip was so awesome, but it's nice to experience different things. So I know what you mean about staying where you know you love versus trying something else. It's a risk. We've stayed at CR and like it a lot, but the theme is just so different from Poly's theme. I will be honest and tell you that the CR balconies made my knees weak because the building is straight up and down -- it made me nervous when my kids were on it, not that it wasn't secure but I guess I just felt a lot better at Poly on the first floor with that awesome lagoon view.

We are trying GF for the first time next month. I'm thinking it will be wonderful, though I also had initial vibes about it versus the relaxing vibe at Poly. Someone is at GF right now and posted some of his room view pics -- you should take a look on the GF thread. He is in an outer building, I believe first floor, and has a view like we LOVE at Poly. His view actually looks even better. It's building Boca Chica TPV. He just posted pics yesterday. See if this link works:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...villas-information-questions.3336950/page-260
I am worried about repeating the same trip next summer too! I considered GF but I couldn't justify spending the extra money when we really like the Poly. Maybe I will request a different longhouse . I did make ADRs at a few new places so it is a slightly different trip.

Glad to hear about your trip! We feel the exact same way about the Poly and the AKL. Love everything about Poly....love the AKL theme and lobby, but did not love the rooms at all (or the buses getting around...).

You are correct about the draw to the Epcot resorts. We do love the Beach Club very much, but we tend to focus more on Epcot and HS when we stay there. If your trip is long enough, maybe you could start at BC for a couple nights and then move to Poly for the remainder.

When we first started going to WDW, we stayed at many resorts and found our favorites (BC and Poly). However, to this day, we need to switch things up or else we feel like we're repeating the same trip. Not a bad thing since the trip was so awesome, but it's nice to experience different things. So I know what you mean about staying where you know you love versus trying something else. It's a risk. We've stayed at CR and like it a lot, but the theme is just so different from Poly's theme. I will be honest and tell you that the CR balconies made my knees weak because the building is straight up and down -- it made me nervous when my kids were on it, not that it wasn't secure but I guess I just felt a lot better at Poly on the first floor with that awesome lagoon view.

We are trying GF for the first time next month. I'm thinking it will be wonderful, though I also had initial vibes about it versus the relaxing vibe at Poly. Someone is at GF right now and posted some of his room view pics -- you should take a look on the GF thread. He is in an outer building, I believe first floor, and has a view like we LOVE at Poly. His view actually looks even better. It's building Boca Chica TPV. He just posted pics yesterday. See if this link works:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...villas-information-questions.3336950/page-260

This was so helpful! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Our kids are ages 1 and 4 and my husband has no desire to return to Epcot in the next visit or 2 (translate 1 - 2 years because we will be going every year from now on!) so perhaps we will do a split stay next time at GF and Poly and stick with MK. Or if I can talk him into a day at Epcot BC and Poly. BC seems extremely popular on the boards. Is there anything that makes it stand out so much from YC and BW? I know the pool is awesome but that's not really a factor for us until our kids get a little older.

No. They are in the process of replacing the supports around all the longhouses. They completed 2 and were in process with Rarotonga when I was there a few weeks ago.

So by process of elimination, I should know which longhouse to request as our August trip approaches. Rarotonga, now Hawaii. What were the two prior to Rarotonga?

This was so helpful! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Our kids are ages 1 and 4 and my husband has no desire to return to Epcot in the next visit or 2 (translate 1 - 2 years because we will be going every year from now on!) so perhaps we will do a split stay next time at GF and Poly and stick with MK. Or if I can talk him into a day at Epcot BC and Poly. BC seems extremely popular on the boards. Is there anything that makes it stand out so much from YC and BW? I know the pool is awesome but that's not really a factor for us until our kids get a little older.

BC is closest to Epcot. My kids did not like the gap under front door that leads to hallway- light and sound. They also did not like the window coverings because of the gap that lets in flood lights. The pool was crowded all the time. We picked BC over YC just because the refurb was done at BC and because of the marketplace with is the soda/coffee refill. YC and BC are basically the same resort, with different decor. I loved it. I typically sleep with the TV on, so light and footsteps did not bother me. I also enjoyed the easy access bar and drinks like sunken treasure. I loved no bus, except to MK and one trip to AK. I chose YC from research, but ended up with BC. The usb outlets were such a treat.

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken

What a tragedy. My deepest condolences.

I am so sorry for your loss. How very heartbreaking.

VERY SORRY for your loss.:hug: SINCERE condolences during this most difficult time. :sad2:

That's terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending a big hug your way-

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:.

Very sorry for your loss.

Just extended our stay by a day. Now we are doing 5 nights at ASmo and then 5 nights at Poly. Let the countdown begin.......14 days until check in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter