Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I'd really appreciate some opinions on longhouse recommendations. I know it's subjective and that's ok. I'd like to hear your own opinions. I've looked at the maps but I've never been to the resort so I'm interested in feedback from those who have stayed there. On the map I can't tell how close things really are or if there's lush landscape to block some of the construction views from the longhouses. What would you choose if you booked a standard-view room and didn't want a view of the East Pool construction? Or which longhouses would you definitely avoid? And, do you like first-floor patios or upper floor balconies? Thanks!!!

Are you going very soon? If so, I'd try and avoid Niue, Samoa, Rarotonga.
For standard view, request Aotearoa or Fiji. I like both ground floor AND third floor.

Check my photo in post #2088 of the resort map.
To avoid the new construction going on, you want to be placed as far West on the map as you can. I was just in Fiji and I did not have to see any construction, going from room to lobby to transportation. It was very nice.

P.S. Thank you, @mickeynut1 :hug:

Three rather random questions (now that we are less than 30 days out!):
How deep is the water at the bottom of the main water slide?
Is the hair drier the kind that is attached to the wall? Trying to figure out if I can dry my hair while DH is showering or not.
If you request a King room, how likely are you to get it? Any experience requesting a King and connecting? (Second room queens)
TIA!

Three rather random questions (now that we are less than 30 days out!):
How deep is the water at the bottom of the main water slide?
Is the hair drier the kind that is attached to the wall? Trying to figure out if I can dry my hair while DH is showering or not.
If you request a King room, how likely are you to get it? Any experience requesting a King and connecting? (Second room queens)
TIA!
Pool is about 5' maybe.. I walked across it.. I don't think it got deeper.

Hairdryer is the kind in a bag.. You can use it anywhere

My husband hates sitting in the sun. The main pool has very little shade and now that the east pool is closed, we were thinking of maybe walking to the Grand Floridian. Yes, we will be pool hoppers. How long is the walk to the pool area and will they rent a cabana to us even though we are not GF guest?

What houses are the regular room at and what ones are the best or closest to everything?

I think the regular resort rooms are in Rarotonga, Niue, Samoa, Aotearoa, Figi, & Tuvalu (with the Hawaii building being all standard CL rooms). I don't think the Poly is that spread out, so it doesn't take long to walk anywhere, IMO. With that said, we've stayed in Samoa and found it very convenient to everything (but with the quiet pool construction currently going on, it might not be the best choice until that's finished). Hopefully others will be able to give some input :).

2 weeks from right now I'll be on a plane from the West Coast headed to WDW!!!! I'm sooo excited for my 1st stay at the Poly!!! I can't wait to see it!!! :-)

:yay:

:goodvibes

My husband hates sitting in the sun. The main pool has very little shade and now that the east pool is closed, we were thinking of maybe walking to the Grand Floridian. Yes, we will be pool hoppers. How long is the walk to the pool area and will they rent a cabana to us even though we are not GF guest?
Pool hopping is not allowed at WDW, so I would be very surprised if they let you stay in the pool area, let alone allow you to rent a cabana, if they determined you were not a guest there.

i have a question about charging things in the rooms. Are the standard rooms equipped with a USB port anywhere to charge things? I saw above someone mention that the upper level rooms have them on the lamps, but, need to know for a standard room.

Thanks!

:mad:

i have a question about charging things in the rooms. Are the standard rooms equipped with a USB port anywhere to charge things? I saw above someone mention that the upper level rooms have them on the lamps, but, need to know for a standard room.

Thanks!

no. Our standard room in Fiji did not.
I bet the studios and villas do, since they're new construction.

I read in another post that some resort GIFT shops sell cases of bottled water (24 pak) and thought that the Poly was one of them. Prices were about $7.00 a case. Can anyone tell me if these might be available at the Poly? And which gift shop?

OR where can I find the Gift Shop phone numbers to check on this? I've Googled, but no luck.

We arrive (9 in our family) in 3 weeks and I was going to order bottled water to be delivered. With that many of us, we'll be drinking lots of water during our week stay. It sure would be nice to just pick up a few cases on property.

I read in another post that some resort GIFT shops sell cases of bottled water (24 pak) and thought that the Poly was one of them. Prices were about $7.00 a case. Can anyone tell me if these might be available at the Poly? And which gift shop?

OR where can I find the Gift Shop phone numbers to check on this? I've Googled, but no luck.

We arrive (9 in our family) in 3 weeks and I was going to order bottled water to be delivered. With that many of us, we'll be drinking lots of water during our week stay. It sure would be nice to just pick up a few cases on property.
You can go to Garden Grocer and get that, they will deliver right to your resort.

Wondering about this too?

I'd book longhouses on the west side of resort away from East Pool construction. Take a look at Tikiman web site. Tons of info. Also page 1 here.

So probably not a good time to book into villas!? We are scheduled to stay 8/17-19 but I don't really want to spend that much money with a view of mud hole!

You can go to Garden Grocer and get that, they will deliver right to your resort.
I knew about Garden Grocer, But, if I can get cases at the resort, I'd save on a delivery charge. We will need about 4-5 cases for the week.

I knew about Garden Grocer, But, if I can get cases at the resort, I'd save on a delivery charge. We will need about 4-5 cases for the week.
We purchased water at the resort a few years ago - the gift shop on the 2nd floor right before you get to the monorail (sorry, can't remember the name and I think it changed anyway?). Though I don't recall them being quite so cheap? We purchased a case of water and a 12-pack of beer and it was around $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter