• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 110053 View attachment 110054 View attachment 110055 View attachment 110056
The East Pool has closed, as you know. It is fenced off. There are also cranes with men power washing, on Samoa. They are there during the day but everything looks back to normal in the evenings.
We are having a perfect stay, but if we were staying in Samoa, Hawaii, Niue, Rarotonga, or Tokelau, we would probably feel less enthusiastic. Hopefully not.
Right now, Aotearoa would also be a great choice. I've seen many happy people all over the resort... I cannot express how nice everything is for us.
Also, I booked a standard view, during Value Season, with the resort offer (30% off?). So I feel the value for what I'm getting is great!! Absolutely in love with this place.

This view is amazing!!!!! is this marina view?? what were your requests?? I would love this room!!!!!

View attachment 110053 View attachment 110054 View attachment 110055 View attachment 110056
The East Pool has closed, as you know. It is fenced off. There are also cranes with men power washing, on Samoa. They are there during the day but everything looks back to normal in the evenings.
We are having a perfect stay, but if we were staying in Samoa, Hawaii, Niue, Rarotonga, or Tokelau, we would probably feel less enthusiastic. Hopefully not.
Right now, Aotearoa would also be a great choice. I've seen many happy people all over the resort... I cannot express how nice everything is for us.
Also, I booked a standard view, during Value Season, with the resort offer (30% off?). So I feel the value for what I'm getting is great!! Absolutely in love with this place.
Beautiful! I requested same thing, hope we get it. Fiji, marina, balcony. We've only stayed in East side of resort too. Looking forward to August!

so I am following up on my early post and now looking for some recommendations on which longhouse would work for us. This is our first time at the poly- we are 8 people 4 adults 4 kids, we want to be close to transportation to Magic Kingdom (by boat and monorail if possible)-that's first priority since we have some younger kids, but would like to consider a view and close proximity to a pool if possible. We are traveling in April 2016, with the rates now, we are looking at the standard view, looking for any opinions. thank you

Why can't I find the countdown on MDE? It used to be where my fastpasses are. Where do you see it? Thanks.
Actually click, not just drop down a menu, on where it says "My Disney Experience"
On my screen it turns Blue when you move your Mouse over it. Many don't realize that is also a link, not just the name of the menu

Actually click, not just drop down a menu, on where it says "My Disney Experience"
On my screen it turns Blue when you move your Mouse over it. Many don't realize that is also a link, not just the name of the menu

Oh my word!! Thank you!! I just learned something new LOL 40 days to go!!

Oops-

The former Rapa Nui, Hawaii, Rarotonga, the former Tahiti, and Niue. Anyway, being on this side is different and wonderful. It's also completely quiet and construction-free on the Fiji side, although there is scaffolding on the lagoon side of Tuvalu. I sent a pic to Tikiman for his FB page-

Captain cooks is gorgeous.
The pineapple lanai is an awesome addition.
The lobby is perfect. I absolutely love it.
Great CMs in the lobby.
Our room is very clean! Wonderful mouse keeping situation. Always come back to a clean room by 1pm.

Monorail did not start up until 8:30 yesterday, b/c I saw ppl waiting at the door when I went to get coffee at Kona Isle. But last night we did take monorail back from MK at 12:15, and the schedule I found said it closed at midnight...

Pool looks gorgeous in the morning. It is definitely lively in the afternoons. Haven't made it over yet and may not. We are enjoying the parks - and power naps ;)

Please ask any questions! I will post a few pics in a bit.
Is this the monorail to MK or TTC? How is Epcot monorail? Are they providing alternate bus service before monorail starts running?
When we stayed at GF last Aug monorail didn't start until 9:00 so we had early morning bus service.

Is this for MDE app or the web site?

So I am back!

I don't want to be negative, but feel it is only fair to say..for my DD and I, we didn't feel Poly CL was very good. I would have rather had a TPV in a regular room.
To be fair, we stayed at GF CL in February and BC CL in May..so maybe we are spoiled. The offerings just were "Eh" and breakfast was only bagels, Croissants, small muffins, oatmeal and cereal. GF and BC both offer meats and cheeses in the AM.

The staff is great and better than we experienced at BC for the CL desk, but the Poly had this one CM that was there each day and it seemed she wasn't happy that you were there, eating in her area.

We had Room 1503 which had a fantastic view and we could see the castle between the bungalows but the people above us apparently had an elephant in their room every night about midnight till 2 am! I swear they were moving furniture.

The pool really needs to have the same thing as SAB where they check your MB and give you a bracelet because people were there that were not guests ( we saw them walk through an open gate and looked like they had all their belongings with them) and when another guest and I reported them, we were told "hmm..we will let a manager know" and nothing was done all day.

Towels on chairs is rampant, but I did notice on Monday, they were going and picking up towels without any personal belongings left at the chairs.

The east pool closing really didn't hurt our stay..Yesterday it was noisy with the beeping of the lifts, but not terrible.

I would recommend anyone in Hawaii, get a room with LV or TPV like we had..it was very busy and not pretty looking South toward the pool.

ETA - I was surprised the room looked a bit worn. There were lights burned out in the bathroom that they replaced right away, but the fridge cabinet door was broken and the bathroom wallpaper had been scrubbed so hard the print had worn off.
Lots of small things that I noticed because I am in construction..plugs not working, clock set to the totally wrong time ( i looked up the manual online and removed the plate to correct )

Oh boy so not what I wanted to hear!

I purposely booked a CL room because I had heard from so many folks that the Poly's CL offerings were so great. Now after reading your quick review of the breakfast offerings (no proteins) and recently reading about dissapointing evening offerings, I'm now worried that I made a HUGE mistake choosing CL here :sad2:. Going to take a deep breath now and try not to stress too much...we'll see soon enough when we check in on the 14th of August!

I have almost 2 months to go :) Im so excited !! I cant wait to sit out on the balcony of my beautiful second floor room in Rarotonga, overlooking the gorgeous and tranquil east pool. This time Im going to surprise hubby by ordering room service from Kona for dinner on our lovely balcony. After dinner, we will walk to the marina and take the boat over to the boardwalk for dessert. He will love it. Any other suggestions for what we should do our first night (not that anything can top our current plans). Yipppeee!

That is a shame about the CL offerings for breakfast. Someone posted a pic of it on Tikiman's site about a month ago and I said that it looked like what you could get at the Country Inns and Suites, for breakfast. Shame. I think the cult like following of the Poly may be one reason they think that corners can be cut in certain areas. People will still come, book CL, no matter what.

Oh boy so not what I wanted to hear!

I purposely booked a CL room because I had heard from so many folks that the Poly's CL offerings were so great. Now after reading your quick review of the breakfast offerings (no proteins) and recently reading about dissapointing evening offerings, I'm now worried that I made a HUGE mistake choosing CL here :sad2:. Going to take a deep breath now and try not to stress too much...we'll see soon enough when we check in on the 14th of August!
you know..if you are prepared for it..maybe it won't be so bad.

That is why I try to give an honest review. Same thing last year when we were bumped to the Commodore Suite at the YC. It was fantastic and I loved it..but, if I was paying $2000/night, I would have been disappointed with the condition of the room.

I am in construction, I know how wear and tear works..but a stain on the carpet really is very easy to fix.

you know..if you are prepared for it..maybe it won't be so bad.

That is why I try to give an honest review. Same thing last year when we were bumped to the Commodore Suite at the YC. It was fantastic and I loved it..but, if I was paying $2000/night, I would have been disappointed with the condition of the room.

I am in construction, I know how wear and tear works..but a stain on the carpet really is very easy to fix.

I completely understand and appreciate honest reviews. If I had the option to switch to a water view CL room, I would but with the agency deal, that was never an option so I'm going to just go in to this expecting the worse and we'll go from there.

I have almost 2 months to go :) Im so excited !! I cant wait to sit out on the balcony of my beautiful second floor room in Rarotonga, overlooking the gorgeous and tranquil east pool. This time Im going to surprise hubby by ordering room service from Kona for dinner on our lovely balcony. After dinner, we will walk to the marina and take the boat over to the boardwalk for dessert. He will love it. Any other suggestions for what we should do our first night (not that anything can top our current plans). Yipppeee!
just FYI the east pool is now closed for construction...not sure how tranquil it will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter