Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...Are there disposable travel coffee cups with lid provided in the room or are they ceramic mugs only? Thanks for the info!!

I requested Raratonga, 3rd floor at online checkin. Hoping for a view of the monorail, which would make my boys happy. I wonder whether it's worth it to use the touring plan fax service just for that request.

Does the online system now allow you to request a specific longhouse? I remember the room requests were very general for our last trip, e.g.. lower floor, upper floor. crib...

Do you have a link to their fax service? Or can you point me to finding it? I've been a member there for 5+ years but I've never heard of this

I'm looking at my TP dashboard now. When you name your trip, you'll also add your resort and dates. This should bring your trip name and resort at the top of your dashboard. Your resort is written in red. Click it and it takes you to a page where you can simply click on your preferred building, floor and room. Once selected, you'll have a page with the room info and pic. I don't think any of this is new. But this part probably is. At the top right is a "click here" to select your room. Once done, the room number shows up on your dashboard. I can't remember how I accessed the fax originally, but right now I can see an "edit fax" link under the Polynesian link. Here I can see the specific requests I wrote earlier, that will be added to the fax they'll send to the Poly on my behalf, I think 5 days before my arrival. Easy peasy lemon squeezy :flower: Beats stopping at a gas station, driving from Canada, to fax my room requests! Lol :goodvibes

I think this is an excellent choice for a building. We returned last week and stayed in Samoa. Samoa would always be my number one choice but it's a pretty popular request. I think I may request Raratonga next time. It seems like a great location. I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts about Raratonga when you return.
Yes, I decided on it since we've only been to WDW once before, and stayed at POR. The one thing we didn't like about our room was the walk to transportation and the main building, so that was a big consideration for us this time. With a garden view room, and the East pool construction, it seemed like the safest bet for getting a room that doesn't face the construction and meets our hopes of a centralized location.

Do you have a link to their fax service? Or can you point me to finding it? I've been a member there for 5+ years but I've never heard of this
If you want more info or run into any issues, there is a thread in TP forum about the fax service.

I think this is an excellent choice for a building. We returned last week and stayed in Samoa. Samoa would always be my number one choice but it's a pretty popular request. I think I may request Raratonga next time. It seems like a great location. I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts about Raratonga when you return.

I always stay at Rarotonga. I really cant compare it to any other building because Ive only stayed there. I love it. Extremely close to the main building and just a few more steps to the main pool. Its farthest from the TTC, but we are talking about a minute or 2, so no big deal. Although weve always faced the quiet pool, the opposite side is the parking lot, which is convenient if you are renting a car. The bus stop is right there too. No need to go through GCH. The downfall...you could actually face the parking lot..not sure I would love that, but I guess Ive been super lucky!

I'm looking at my TP dashboard now. When you name your trip, you'll also add your resort and dates. This should bring your trip name and resort at the top of your dashboard. Your resort is written in red. Click it and it takes you to a page where you can simply click on your preferred building, floor and room. Once selected, you'll have a page with the room info and pic. I don't think any of this is new. But this part probably is. At the top right is a "click here" to select your room. Once done, the room number shows up on your dashboard. I can't remember how I accessed the fax originally, but right now I can see an "edit fax" link under the Polynesian link. Here I can see the specific requests I wrote earlier, that will be added to the fax they'll send to the Poly on my behalf, I think 5 days before my arrival. Easy peasy lemon squeezy :flower: Beats stopping at a gas station, driving from Canada, to fax my room requests! Lol :goodvibes
Thanks. I found the blog post. Seems they launched this in April this year.

Soooooo excited! Heading to Poly on SATURDAY (7/18)!! This will be my 3rd time staying there. Wahoo!! Love the pics - gets me so revved up to go!

Awesome!! We're heading down next Wednesday, but won't be to the Poly until the 26th, so we'll probably miss you. Have a fantastic vacation :yay:

Has the monorail still been running on their abbreviated schedule? Does anyone know if this schedule will stay the same thru September? The only thing I have seen was that it was supposed to stay on a modified schedule thru July 2015.

Is there any real advantage to doing online check-in at the Poly? Would you have a better chance at receiving an upgrade by doing it in person? (not that I expect an upgrade of course but you never know:thumbsup2). I kind of enjoy the experience of checking in at the lobby at a resort we've never stayed at for the first time, and it would seem like doing it all beforehand would take away a little bit of the Poly experience. However, if it's a better way to go overall, sign me up.

A group of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids ages 4-7) are considering staying at the poly for a few nights before our Disney cruise. We are considering which longhouse to stay at and looked at Tikiman website, the only info I cannot seem to find is where you actual catch the monorail or boat to MK, is it near the GCH or the TTC. Trying to figure out which longhouse is the closest location to where you catch the monorail or boat to MK. Thanks for your help!!

A group of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids ages 4-7) are considering staying at the poly for a few nights before our Disney cruise. We are considering which longhouse to stay at and looked at Tikiman website, the only info I cannot seem to find is where you actual catch the monorail or boat to MK, is it near the GCH or the TTC. Trying to figure out which longhouse is the closest location to where you catch the monorail or boat to MK. Thanks for your help!!

Monorail to MK is in GCH. If you are taking the monorail to EPCOT, then you are better off walking to TTC. Otherwise you have to take the one from GCH all the way around and transfer at TTC.

So I might be duplicating my post...I thought I posted it here but cannot find it so I apologize in advance if I did.

8 of us (4 adults 4 kids-ages 4-7) are considering a few days at the poly before our Disney cruise in April. I read tiki man and researched here but cannot seem to figure out where you catch the monorail or boat to MK. We want to pick a longhouse that is closest to getting on the monorail or boat or near a pool. I see which long houses are near pools but can't figure out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter