Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect arrival day for me is unpacking, getting settled into the room, maybe a swim if it’s early enough, getting squeaky clean and donning my plastic itchy lei and feasting at Kona or ‘Ohana, strolling along the beach (perhaps catching MK fireworks? 🤞) and ending the day with a beverage on my balcony/patio. The next morning I’m well rested and READY FOR ROPE DROP

I can’t wait to get back!!!

That might just have to be the plan!

Hello! I'm planning a trip for May 2021. I am hoping to rent DVC points. At first I was looking at Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club. But now I'm starting to consider Poly or Beach Club. My question is about transportation. Getting to MK will obviously be easy but what has your experience been getting to the other three from the Poly? Would be spending one day in each. Might do a quick trip to MK or Epcot the first night (depending on where we stay). Will have our own car but would like to use that as less as possible. Any insight would be so helpful!

We either take the boat or the monorail to the MK (depending on our mood and depending on if we could see the boat approaching), we walk over to the TTC and pick up the monorail to Epcot and we use the minivan for AK and HS. We utilized EMH at these two parks in the minivan was the only way we can guarantee being there when we wanted.

What is your favorite long house? I'm looking at the map trying to figure out what kind of room request I would like make. Also, are you a 1st floor or 3rd floor human?

I'm debating between requesting a specific long house vs. requesting a specific floor.

We either take the boat or the monorail to the MK (depending on our mood and depending on if we could see the boat approaching), we walk over to the TTC and pick up the monorail to Epcot and we use the minivan for AK and HS. We utilized EMH at these two parks in the minivan was the only way we can guarantee being there when we wanted.

Perfect! A studio villa at the Poly might just be the move

What is your favorite long house? I'm looking at the map trying to figure out what kind of room request I would like make. Also, are you a 1st floor or 3rd floor human?

I'm debating between requesting a specific long house vs. requesting a specific floor.
I’m 1st floor all the way, no matter where I stay. I‘m definitely a patio person, not a balcony person. I just like to walk out of my room and go.....no stairs or elevator for me. So that would be my main request.

What room category did you book? Niue is my favourite longhouse for standard rooms. But because it’s small, I’m not lucky getting 1st floor in that building.

Tokelau. Upper floor, overlooking the Oasis pool. I ask for a room at the end of the building closer to the water so I pretty much have a lake view for standard view points. It’s amazing!

I would request everything you want. For the Poly I do so via fax. And they always give me what I ask for.

I’m 1st floor all the way, no matter where I stay. I‘m definitely a patio person, not a balcony person. I just like to walk out of my room and go.....no stairs or elevator for me. So that would be my main request.

What room category did you book? Niue is my favourite longhouse for standard rooms. But because it’s small, I’m not lucky getting 1st floor in that building.

I booked standard. Niue is very tiny! It seems exceptionally "central".

Are the DVC rooms the same way as the "regular" rooms in that the second floor has no balcony? My order of preference would be balcony, patio, no balcony/patio.

Are the DVC rooms the same way as the "regular" rooms in that the second floor has no balcony? My order of preference would be balcony, patio, no balcony/patio.
No, the DVC longhouses are the 3 newest building that have balconies on both the 2nd and 3rd floors. They were built after the initial building and their structure were designed to include 2nd floor balconies unlike to original 1970's design.

Dave

My favorite long house is Aotearoa.. close to the GCH, the Luau Cove beach and the Marina.
My favorite standard room is on the third floor and this is the view from the balcony...

If you look back to Post #18,167 in this thread you can see the photo of the view from my standard villa, Second Floor Tokelau at the end of the longhouse overlooking the Oasis pool. (I would repost but I’m on my phone). It’s probably one of the best views I’ve ever had.

If you look back to Post #18,167 in this thread you can see the photo of the view from my standard villa, Second Floor Tokelau at the end of the longhouse overlooking the Oasis pool. (I would repost but I’m on my phone). It’s probably one of the best views I’ve ever had.

That looks awesome!!!

Hi - are all second floor rooms without a balcony?

It sounds like that's the case in the standard rooms, but in the studio villas, all rooms have balconies

Correct. The DVC longhouses are newer and all rooms have balconies.

IIRC the original ones were designed without them on the second floor due to the belief in some South Pacific cultures that having a balcony upstairs invites in evil spirits. It's kind of like the 13th floor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter