Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been since last September. So only 11 months ago, and big changes, I see.
We were in DLR in March and they were changing some of the bag check procedures there too.

:thumbsup2

FWIW, we find the new security setup, along with the new MK rope drop procedure, has absolutely improved the monorail resort guest experience getting to the MK. It's the best logistics change they've done in years!

:thumbsup2

FWIW, we find the new security setup, along with the new MK rope drop procedure, has absolutely improved the monorail resort guest experience getting to the MK. It's the best logistics change they've done in years!

What is the new rope drop procedure? It's been over a year for me and I'm not going for another year:sad1:

Great review, thanks for sharing!

Regarding that smoking area by the entrance to the Oasis Pool, that was new at least as of July when I was there, and I must admit I was pretty shocked. We had to walk by numerous times with someone smoking and there's just no way to avoid it. I'm not all anti-smoker and all that, but to me that didn't seem like a logical place to have a smoking section at all. I mean, there are hundreds of children (and adults) going in and out of that gate all day long.

FWIW, I did write a note to guest relations about that very topic. Hoping they change that sometime soon.
If they put a dsa at each longhouse they wouldn't need this one and a lot more smokers would use the dsa's instead of just smoking wherever.

If they put a dsa at each longhouse they wouldn't need this one and a lot more smokers would use the dsa's instead of just smoking wherever.
Do they no longer have a DSA at each longhouse? I don't smoke, so I don't keep track, but there was always one at each longhouse on one of the decks of the outside staircases.

Do they no longer have a DSA at each longhouse? I don't smoke, so I don't keep track, but there was always one at each longhouse on one of the decks of the outside staircases.
I don't smoke either so I really don't know. I assumed they didn't because the other post I read said something along the lines of the one by the pool was the one for that side of the resort.

What is the new rope drop procedure? It's been over a year for me and I'm not going for another year:sad1:
For a normal 9am MK opening, everyone is let in the park 7:45-8ish. You are free to roam around Main Street up to the castle. Many shops are open, Starbucks is open. The new opening show is on the castle stage at 8:55am, after which the ropes to the rest of the park are dropped and the park is open.

I miss the train welcome show out front, but this new method is a much more efficient way to load people into the MK.

For a normal 9am MK opening, everyone is let in the park 7:45-8ish. You are free to roam around Main Street up to the castle. Many shops are open, Starbucks is open. The new opening show is on the castle stage at 8:55am, after which the ropes to the rest of the park are dropped and the park is open.

I miss the train welcome show out front, but this new method is a much more efficient way to load people into the MK.

Wow, that's a neat way to open. Thanks for the info! Look forward to seeing next visit. If they don't change it before then.

Smoking was still allowed on the 2nd floor of Fiji's outside staircase facing..Tonga and the Great Ceremonial Longhouse as of the start of July 2017.

I seem to remember someone saying that the pools had flotation items for use. Our daughter uses a floatie that has the arm bands with the chest piece. That's not a good description but someone with a toddler will probably understand. . I don't want to take up panning room if this is something we can just use while we are there. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the really useful information on this thread. We are going to Orlando for the first time next December. We have two kids ages 7 and 9. Were staying for 3 weeks with 10 days onsite (split between wilderness lodge and art of animation) at the start and then some time off site. Were thinking of returning to Disney for 4 days at the end of our trip. This will be between Christmas and new year (28th to 31st).

For convenience to parks given how busy it appears to be we are thinking of staying one night at beach club and two at the poly. I'm trying to decide which room type to book at the poly. Because we are there on the 30th Dec is a theme park view worth it to see the practice new year fireworks? I'm not sure how busy the beach will be that night or is access restricted to Polynesian guests? Or would a club room (TPV or garden view) be better? This is probably going to be our only visit (maybe one other!!) Trying to figure out if these rooms are worth the extra cost.

Also are there any special activities in the Polynesian on the 30th and 31st Dec?

Thanks

I seem to remember someone saying that the pools had flotation items for use. Our daughter uses a floatie that has the arm bands with the chest piece. That's not a good description but someone with a toddler will probably understand. . I don't want to take up panning room if this is something we can just use while we are there. Any insight would be appreciated.

There are life jackets of various sizes available at both pools. You really shouldn't need to bring your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter