Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more days until we arrive!

We plan on doing pool time everyday for our midday break. That pool looks very crowded and the shade situation worries me. But I know we will have tons of fun no matter what!
There isn't really much in the way of shade out of the water but there is a very nice shaded spot IN the water, right by the waterfall. DH parked himself there and had a pleasant time, which says a lot because he really hates the sun and can't swim so pools don't do much for him either. Usually he hangs in the room while I soak in some sun.

OMG I will be there in three days. I just told DD abut the underwater music, and she thought that sounds like the coolest thing ever.

Well we have 2 more full days before we leave. I have to say that I have enjoyed our stay over all. There are some things that I have noticed and I have compared to my other stays at over deluxe resorts.

1# house keeping is horribly lacking. Each day along with my tip that I leave for the mouse keeping lady I nicely ask for enough supplies (towels. & Face clothes) for 5 people. It is very obvious that we have 5 ppl in our room. Each side of the beds are unmade and so is the day bed. We get plenty of towels but only 4 face clothes. Really.... Is 7 days in it's been the same lady for the last 3 days.

Yes we have called each day and complained.

- room #2 has had the same dirty coffee cups daily. They are just rinshed out and replaced (we can smell the hazelnut coffee mate from home) really they don't own a dish washer uck!!!!! We stopped using them.

One day we stayed all day at the resort & pool my mom waited until it cooled off to head to the pool (wishful thinking it was 105 degrees) mouse keeping she said was in the room across the hall for 3 hours in the same room she. Heard her talking on the phone the whole time. When she heard me and my mother talking that I was going to take a shower she rushed into my room to clean it..... Half assed.

Vacuuming is a joke.... They only vaccum where u can see. pulling the chair out if it's pushed in lol doesn't happen. Or the corners of the bathroom at least it's our hair.

We have complained the comment is.... Housekeeping and staff here at the poly has changed greatly!!

2# my husband went down the slide with the kids he saw dirty towel stuffed at the top of the waterfall, clean water was filtering threw the filthy towels on to pool on ppls heads. Gross.

3# I have seen numberless ppl in the pool with street clothes. The life guards never comments? Any other pool the staff has enforced the rules here at the poly the pool staff acts like they don't see a thing.

4# we been to the pool 6 out of our 7 days here and not once has anyone enforced the checking of the bands. My mom was having trouble with her band tonight it would not unlock the gate. A women let her in but gave her a dirty look like she was pool hopping. It as kind of funny. Would pool hoppers try the scanner??? Or just sneak in.

5# we have eaten at kona cafe, Ohana, chef Mickey, grand cafe, T. rex, all of the meals have been good but we felt very rushed to get out. T. rex was our best meal yet. We had an Un invited guest at the end of our meal tonight at kona. We were seat right at the edge closest to the lobby. From the celing a cricket fell into a empty plate. We calmy moved the plate and quietly handed it to the server. Ohhhh the the cricket started jumping all over the table, the kids freaked, we laughed the server was mortified, we told him not to worry, we saw it fall it wasn't his fault. The manger came over an apologized. We said it was ok he's aid we were so nice about it he gave us all dessert on the house. It was really funny !

****i really like the monorail access. I don't think I could get my husband to stay here again. I have over all. Liked our stay, I love the size of our room, I live the size of the resort, I love the fireworks from the beach at night. But I do miss the access to the entertainment at the boardwalk at night.
Please let me clarify ppl were actually swimming in their street clothes... actual underwears! Running around and swimming in their underwears.

I believe the OP is commenting on the fact that people were SWIMMING in their street clothes not just hanging by the pool! Which I have to agree, that is gross. Everyone should have a swimsuit on to swim in a pool.
That is correct, we saw a family allowing the young boys to swim in there underwears.

I don't get the pool comments at all. Is it not allowed to be in the pool area in street clothes? How does that have any bearing on if you are a resort guest or not? We were known to take a short cut from the boat to the room by walking through the pool. I also dared to walk in with street clothes on to buy beers for DH and I to enjoy while we waited on ME to pick us up. Even if someone was in street clothes and not a resort guest how are they impacting the use of the pool?

Nor do I think pool hoppers is a significant issue to crowding of the pool at Poly. I think the gates do keep a lot of hoppers from coming over. Since they can use the gates for controlled access when they feel there is a need to it's rather dumb to haul yourself over there when you have no way of knowing if you will get in or not. We were there for 8 days this month and not one time did we struggle to find a chair. Not one time was the pool severely crowded or our ability to use the pool impacted. I can't imagine there are so many hoppers it takes the pool from pleasurable to over crowded. Mostly you notice an increase in the numbers in the pool because there is only 1 right now.
What I meant was people where swimming "in" there street clothes. There was a family with little boys swimming in underwears???? Lol another time people were swimming in clothes that were not bathing suits. It's the first time I've seen it at a disney resort. That's all I'm saying. Lol

Just checked in today after a week at Beach Club and a week at Coronado. I was stressed about giving up my gorgeous room at BC for the unknown. We booked standard and I didn't want parking lot view. We were first given 3215 in Aotearoa via a text. On the way over I googled it and the room got a really bad review on tripadvisor. So, when we arrived I requested a non monorail view of something greenand was given 2228 in Aotearoa. Love it!

I was in a mesh hat, sunglasses, basketball shorts and a tank top- and I went in the pool- That was my bathing suit. Underwear? yeah, that's kind of :dumbo:
but why assume or judge anyone in ''street'' clothes? I have enough to do at the resorts, lol.

Polynesian parking wars...I forgot to add that. Parking lot is tight, and you will most likely be doing laps to get a decent spot.

I think I had a dole whip 4 or 5 times (who can resist?)

Housekeeping wasn't really an issue for us, their cart was always (it seemed) outside our door, so we they would just give us towels, toilet paper, etc. We rocked the do not disturb sign for most of our stay.

The in room safe is great (personal pass code activated) This is where I stashed the bones pluto:

I am over at the All Star Sports currently. It makes you see what you like and don't like between the two. I love the orange soaps over here, lol, more than the sea salt ones at moderate/deluxe. Shower head is better, food court is larger and has a ''tv'' menu (nice little food court at Poly, but it did feel small/cramped at times, and the line for checkout can get ridiculously backed up at Poly. I think their tv screen menus are broken? I saw one menu fall down that a worker was putting up and there was a screen behind it that looked cracked)

Anywho, currently thunderstorms!! woooooo....:/

Last edited:
What I meant was people where swimming "in" there street clothes. There was a family with little boys swimming in underwears???? Lol another time people were swimming in clothes that were not bathing suits. It's the first time I've seen it at a disney resort. That's all I'm saying. Lol
Well that is a bit different..lol.. But if it was a family with little ones..I would have just thought that they didn't plan ahead and forgot to pack swimsuits in their carry ons....
Having been there two weeks ago , I have to say I never had a problem with overcrowding or an issue getting a seat....
The only people we knew for sure weren't staying at the. Poly , were the group next to us in the beach for wishes one night...because they were talking about where they were staying....

Edited to add....also since I have a hidden illness and sometimes need to rent a scooter at WDW...I dont judge those folks either....lol

Last edited:
It is odd but I guess it doesn't bother me what people opt to swim in. DH always has on a T-shirt in the pool and his swim shorts are the same shorts he wears to the parks now that they make those fast dry shorts look so nice. Heck, in some European areas little kids swim nude. Underwear would be an improvement over that. I don't assume street clothes are more "dirty" than a swim suit. Who knows when the suit was laundered. I figure the chlorine in the pool handles things just fine.

Thanks! Does the ferry start running early enough to get us there for rope drop? How long is the ride to MK?
Sorry we took it easy this trip and didn't get going too early.... Not sure about a bus to MK or the earliest ferry run...

The ride on the ferry is pretty quick 10 minutes maybe.... And we really never had to wait long..

Two more days until we arrive!

We plan on doing pool time everyday for our midday break. That pool looks very crowded and the shade situation worries me. But I know we will have tons of fun no matter what!

:cool1::cool1:

You will love the Poly! Have a great trip :wizard:.

OMG I will be there in three days. I just told DD abut the underwater music, and she thought that sounds like the coolest thing ever.

:banana::banana:

Just checked in today after a week at Beach Club and a week at Coronado. I was stressed about giving up my gorgeous room at BC for the unknown. We booked standard and I didn't want parking lot view. We were first given 3215 in Aotearoa via a text. On the way over I googled it and the room got a really bad review on tripadvisor. So, when we arrived I requested a non monorail view of something greenand was given 2228 in Aotearoa. Love it!

What a nice long vacation! :cloud9:

Glad you love the new room. Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Going through some of my old pictures today. I miss the old lobby. Will finally see the new one in a couple of week. Im trying hard not to hate it before I see it :)

75073_158417954193309_5321775_n.jpg

74083_158418444193260_24330_n.jpg

74029_158418077526630_4470801_n.jpg

36163_158418840859887_5271292_n.jpg

74134_158398484195256_1908720_n.jpg

73606_158295307538907_7769623_n.jpg

68788_158295007538937_7918356_n.jpg

73025_158396617528776_948744_n.jpg

69088_158396970862074_7114800_n.jpg

73831_158295750872196_6108326_n.jpg

Looks like HeyIt'sMe and I were neighbors - we were in Fiji 3316 last week. (Sure hope you couldn't hear my noisy little guy, I gave it my best to keep him quiet but it seemed like a losing battle.) I am fighting a bad case of I-want-to-be-there-right-now-itis. It was our first trip as a family to WDW and to the Polynesian (my last trip to WDW was when I was in high school, which was a couple decades ago!) and it won't be our last to either. Honestly, this was a ridiculously awesome family vacation for us and we watched our children grow up right before our eyes.
Here's some pics. The marina view was absolutely all I had hoped for and made the room special for my six year old. We found her at the railing several times just taking it all in.
We miss the ducks too! They were wandering across the path by Fiji one morning and surprised us.
I may write a longer post later, but right now this is making me miss it too much. Easily the best thing we've done for our family in ages.
quiet polynesian.jpg
polynesian sunrise.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter